Foreshadowing of Dany's Death from S02

As it were, Dany's vision in the House of the Undying turned out to be a vision of her last moments.

Dany walks into the throne room, snow (ash) is falling. She looks up, notes the destruction, walks towards the throne. Reaches out to touch it, nearly does but turns away. She enters a door - it's the wall, she's north of it, the gate closes behind her. Snow is everywhere. In the distance she sees a Dothraki tent, she enters to find Drogo and baby Rhaego, waiting for her.

I like to think Dany is happy in the Night Lands now.

9 hours ago, bran stark overdrive said:

As it were, Dany's vision in the House of the Undying turned out to be a vision of her last moments.

Yes, it was a flash vision of her in the throne room and a prophecy of her dying then.

This was analysed over and over and mostly interpreted right. 

9 hours ago, bran stark overdrive said:

I like to think Dany is happy in the Night Lands now.

There is no life after death. Daenerys is dead. 

5 hours ago, Kajjo said:

There is no life after death. Daenerys is dead. 

Yes, Dany is most certainly dead. I'm not arguing that. The afterlife suggestion however is more open to interpretation (unless you choose to take Jon's brief word on the matter as fact, as you may). When watching the HotU scene after the finale my take-away was that it was a vision of the moments before and after her death, and I found it moving - a fitting (perhaps comforting) end for a once-beloved character. Again, that is just my interpretation. :)

Yeah, I think Dany is happy in the night lands along with all of the burnt corpses of the Dosh Khaleen that she murdered because she didn't want to follow the traditional rites of the culture that she married into (granted she was forced into married, but eventually accepted and embraced the Dothraki culture). I'm sure she still holds the same faith that she did when she was married to Drogo.  

Archived