What about the Dothraki?

Nictarion

So a bunch of the Dothraki seemingly regenerated after the battle at Winterfell and were involved in the sack of KL. They were also present afterwards when Dany was giving her speech. We got a scene explaining the Unsullied were heading to Naath, but what about the remaining Dothraki? Seems to me they would be mighty pissed off, and probably wouldn’t even listen to Grey Worm after Dany’s murder. They couldn’t even throw a single line in there to explain what happened with them? 

It showed you them mooching around the port just blending in because now Dany is dead the small army of persistent marauders, rapists and pillagers have just decided to settle down in society and be good citizens, probably got jobs as gamekeepers and fishermen and pay there taxes.

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

So a bunch of the Dothraki seemingly regenerated after the battle at Winterfell and were involved in the sack of KL. They were also present afterwards when Dany was giving her speech. We got a scene explaining the Unsullied were heading to Naath, but what about the remaining Dothraki? Seems to me they would be mighty pissed off, and probably wouldn’t even listen to Grey Worm after Dany’s murder. They couldn’t even throw a single line in there to explain what happened with them? 

Just another example of really sloppy writing.

But, trivial when set against the truly cynical and depressing end they came up with.  Daenerys was always a heroine with flaws.  After fighting the Night's King, Bran, who has complete knowledge of the past and future (as witnessed by the vision of the dragon over Kings Landing) then sets her up to be killed by revealing Jon's parentage, knowing how this will play out, with a view to becoming king himself.  Dany - who did after all, save the world - dies disgraced and Jon has to spend the rest of his life hating himself.

It's like getting to the end of Lord of the Rings, only to be told that Sam and Frodo were a pair of back-stabbing cowards who stole other mens' credit.

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

but what about the remaining Dothraki?

Yeah, that one is open, unfortunately. My guess is, they will be sailed back to Essos as well. Nothing to do in Westeros and probably missing their wives and girls.

It makes no sense for them to stay in Westeros and they would only cause trouble, considering their violent culture of adoring strength.

15 minutes ago, legba11 said:

I assume they return to raping and pillaging in Westeros now.

Exactly, lol.  Thanks Dany!  How Jon wasn't murdered for killing this woman who all these robots followed across the ocean and to battle against all sorts of craziness... is beyond me.  They just wait until all these lords show up and hand over the reigns I guess.  A show that is completely build around the aftermath of actions has become the exact opposite.

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Probably they forgot about theyr queen.

1 minute ago, Pacala said:

Probably they forgot about theyr queen.

Dothraki adore strength. Daenerys is dead and forgotton, as all the previous Khals, too. 

No issue for them. Let them go back to their Dothraki wives in Essos.

And how were they all able to sail back? Dany's fleet was destroyed two different times over a couple seasons. Drogon destroyed the rest of the iron fleet. Then they show King's Landing this episode with hundreds of ships available. These ships must have the same regeneration powers that the Unsullied and Dothraki have.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:38 PM, SuperMario said:

And how were they all able to sail back? Dany's fleet was destroyed two different times over a couple seasons. Drogon destroyed the rest of the iron fleet. Then they show King's Landing this episode with hundreds of ships available. These ships must have the same regeneration powers that the Unsullied and Dothraki have.

Also the same regeneration powers as the Red Keep. ;-)

As mercenaries they would offer their services to the highest bidder. With no central army to maintain the peace the various surviving lords and kingdoms would soon be feuding and looking for experienced warriors to fill their depleted ranks. 

I am pretty sure Dothraki doesn't care about any of that.

When Drogo died, no one cared and they just left him alone.

Probably same happened, although they need to obey the lords of Westeros if they want to stay, or they would get destroyed.

while i agree that they could have told us what happened to the Dothrakis after Dany's death, i found disingenuos to say they were regenerated/respawned after the battle of Winterfell... If you compare the number of Dothrakis at Winterfell before the great battle, and the number of Dothrakis during Dany's speech in King's Landing, you will see that their number has greatly decreased

Archived