Did Bran know all the time he is the future king?

Nerevanin

Bran's powers were never properly explained but he had a vision of Drogon flying over the KL so I suppose he sees the future or glimpses of future too. What really struck me was his line "Why do think you I came all this way?" Does this mean that Bran knew all this time that he would become the king? Did he gently manipulated the other characters to end up in this position?

2 hours ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

I thought Bran only knew the past and present, not the future.

3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Bran's powers were never properly explained but he had a vision of Drogon flying over the KL so I suppose he sees the future or glimpses of future too.

He didn't know anything. Bran is just being the ultimate troll now. His answer to anyone's questions will always be these vague ambiguous answers always hinting he knew whatever it was being asked or when... said always with a straight, dead face (internally though he is trolololololololing)

Let’s assume that Bran knew that he would be king and he manipulated everything in the world to put himself onto the throne. The important thing to know is, did he do it for his own personal gain/glory/revenge? Or did he do it because he actually knows it is what’s best for humanity? Since he mostly just stares out into space and doesn’t say much, there really isn’t much given to us to come to any reasonable conclusion about this. 

Also, in classic Bran fashion, his ‘all this way’ line is the only thing that might even shed a little light on his intentions, and it is incredibly vague. 

Just now, Aedam Targaryen said:

Let’s assume that Bran knew that he would be king and he manipulated everything in the world to put himself onto the throne. The important thing to know is, did he do it for his own personal gain/glory/revenge? Or did he do it because he actually knows it is what’s best for humanity? Since he mostly just stares out into space and doesn’t say much, there really isn’t much given to us to come to any reasonable conclusion about this. 

Also, in classic Bran fashion, his ‘all this way’ line is the only thing that might even shed a little light on his intentions, and it is incredibly vague. 

How can 1 million people being nuked be good for humanity ?  or did he do it because he is an agent of the cotf who hate mankind for nearly making them extinct. guess he is a good insurance policy.

2 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

How can 1 million people being nuked be good for humanity ?  or did he do it because he is an agent of the cotf who hate mankind for nearly making them extinct. guess he is a good insurance policy.

I don’t know how. I’m not the 3 eyed raven. ;)

1 hour ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

Two different interpretations:

1) burning 1M people => Dany's death => more millions of people saved because Dany can't "liberate" them anymore

2) burning 1M people => Dany's death => Jon is sent to the Wall => Bran gets elected as the king.

The first interpretation makes Bran look more or less like a good guy who knew it was necessary to allow some victims in order to stop more carnage and to make the world a better place. The second one, however, portrays Bran as a calculating selfish manipulator who sacrificed all those people just for his personal gian.

I didn't treat all those Bran theories seriously until the moment I saw him taking the throne and wearing NK-style clothes in the finale. I have a feeling that he abused his powers to live many lives across centuries and write a story where "everyone has exact place where they are supposed to be".

"Oh, it's your choice Jon, because it ends all the same no matter what."

If this was supposed to be a good ending I'm utterly creeped out.

1 minute ago, TwiceBorn said:

I didn't treat all those Bran theories seriously until the moment I saw him taking the throne and wearing NK-style clothes in the finale. I have a feeling that he abused his powers to live many lives across centuries and write a story where "everyone has exact place where they are supposed to be".

"Oh, it's your choice Jon, because it ends the same no matter what."

If this was supposed to be a good ending I'm utterly creeped out.

I’ve been wondering if we’re all supposed to have seen this as a plot by Bran to actually have Tyrion rule, with Bran as figurehead only. To what end, who knows.  

I cant think of any other reason (besides just crappy writing, which is probably the real reason)that the episode was so pointedly and obviously Tyrion-heavy. He dominates nearly the entire episode. 

8 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Bran saw Cersei blowing up the Sept back in S6 before it happened so yes he can see the future.

He has had some visions, which other characters have also had and were misinterpreted completely (dany,Melisandre). 

Thats not the same as “seeing the future” especially in a story that tossed all magic and prophecy in the shitter this season after spending literally seasons convincing us it was super important and relevant. 

12 hours ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

I thought Bran only knew the past and present, not the future.

I thought so too. But explain to me how he knew in Episode 2 that Jaime would arrive at that EXACT spot to Winterfell, if he cant see the future. 

They could have ended with Bran as king in a great way, if they made it out he is evil, and planned this all along. But yet again, we need to find hints, that might, just might explain the "Writers" writing. 

13 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Did he gently manipulated the other characters to end up in this position?

"Gently?" No.

Keep in mind Bran was in control of the information about Jon's lineage and chose to share it, even pushed Sam to share it with Jon. He could have warned Jon not to share it with Sansa and chose to allow him to tell her. Without the estrangement this information caused between Jon and Dany, and without Dany's newfound insecurity about her claim to the throne, she wouldn't have felt the need to burn King's Landing to inspire fear. D&D were clear on that last point in behind the episode.

Archived