Jump to content
Nerevanin

Did Bran know all the time he is the future king?

Recommended Posts

Bran had the audacity to tell Jon that it was his choice whether to tell Sansa and Arya about his parents. FUCK OFF! Bran is a monster disguised as a cripple!

I hope he's actually not Bran but Bloodraven so that at the very least, A Targ still sits on the Throne because fuck the Starks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes....he was manipulating them all to achieve a desired end.  That is why he was telling Jon and I think Theon too that they were where they were supposed to be.  He knew he was going to become king and that is why he came south.  He really started the ball rolling when it was so urgent for Sam to tell Jon about his parents.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

He has had some visions, which other characters have also had and were misinterpreted completely (dany,Melisandre). 

Thats not the same as “seeing the future” especially in a story that tossed all magic and prophecy in the shitter this season after spending literally seasons convincing us it was super important and relevant. 

Bran's vision was literally shot for shot the scene where the Wildfire explodes and rushes through the corridor in Season 6 Episode 10 towards the Sept of Baelor. lolololol there is nothing to "misinterpret" about it he literally saw the future. (Let's not mention the shot of the Dragon flying over KL turns out to be Drogon about to blow KL to bits with Dany on his back) We didn't see what Melisande saw in the flames only that the Bolton banners would fall and that there would be a great battle in the snow and bboth happened. And Dany's vision was a bit different but her vision and what actually happened both ended with her not sitting on the throne and the throne room destroyed.

I'm not defending this show because it has been ass since S5 essentially but I am defending Bran's abilities and him being able to see he would be named King.

Edited by Adam_Up_Bxtch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Bran's vision was literally shot for shot the scene where the Wildfire explodes and rushes through the corridor in Season 6 Episode 10 towards the Sept of Baelor. lolololol there is nothing to "misinterpret" about it he literally saw the future. (Let's not mention the shot of the Dragon flying over KL turns out to be Drogon about to blow KL to bits with Dany on his back) We didn't see what Melisande saw in the flames only that the Bolton banners would fall and that there would be a great battle in the snow and bboth happened. And Dany's vision was a bit different but her vision and what actually happened both ended with her not sitting on the throne and the throne room destroyed.

We can call it whatever we want; visions, prophecy, seeing the future, whatever. 

The point is that relying on it is a stupid idea, as we’ve seen played out several times. 

Maybe Bran is the great exception to the rule. I hope so, since apparently he’s in charge now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

We can call it whatever we want; visions, prophecy, seeing the future, whatever. 

The point is that relying on it is a stupid idea, as we’ve seen played out several times. 

Maybe Bran is the great exception to the rule. I hope so, since apparently he’s in charge now. 

I agree that the prophecy and visions in the books are not what they appear to be at first and will be many of the character's downfalls which will lead to those prophecies and visions coming true through a really less than satisfying way to the people who were meant to fulfill them to begin with but in the show when we are shown this stuff it has been way more face value.

In the books Bran can really only see stuff from the Past and Future that has happened in front of the heart trees around westeros. Like seeing Ned cleaning Ice from the first book after killing the deserter.

Really can't wait til Howland Reed finally shows up to deliver R+L=J to us.

Edited by Adam_Up_Bxtch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Knugen said:

I thought so too. But explain to me how he knew in Episode 2 that Jaime would arrive at that EXACT spot to Winterfell, if he cant see the future. 

They could have ended with Bran as king in a great way, if they made it out he is evil, and planned this all along. But yet again, we need to find hints, that might, just might explain the "Writers" writing. 

I must have brain worm. I realized on second watch that Bran said he went to kings landing to become king.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tallTale said:

Whats the point of the raven having three eyes if he can't see the future?

3 eyes = past , present, future.

That's not at all what it means. Once Bran's third eye was opened, he would later open Jon's. What the third eye is, is something completely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems Bran still has to download the file, gets obscure or incomplete info o doesn't understand what he sees or how it connects. His mind has to be searching for it sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had thought if bran could see the future at all, it would be like Mel's visions, obscure and cryptic. Had the show not had him say 'why do you think I came all this way' i wouldn't believe he could see the future. Maybe I've forgotten cues from past seasons where he has accurately seen the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bran can see the future or some of it, what else could he have done to stop what happened? Jon saw it all with his own eyes, surrendering soldiers being killed, Dany burning to the city to the ground, and yet he was still struggling to turn against Dany. Do you think Bran could have persuaded him at WF to not go or to kill Dany if Jon seeing it all in person wasn't enough to do it?

He had to see it, live it, have Arya and Tyrion remind him of what's next and have Dany flatly tell him that she is the one who decides who in the entire world gets to live. Only then does he make the final decision to go through with killing her.

Think of Avengers Infinity War

Spoiler

Dr Strange uses the stone and checks 14 million possible outcomes, maybe Bran knew this was the only way for Jon to turn and kill her. A bit far fetched but so was 14mill outcomes!

Bran being King makes sense in that he doesn't want power, doesn't want to avenge old issues and make his enemies pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dbunting said:

If Bran can see the future or some of it, what else could he have done to stop what happened? Jon saw it all with his own eyes, surrendering soldiers being killed, Dany burning to the city to the ground, and yet he was still struggling to turn against Dany. Do you think Bran could have persuaded him at WF to not go or to kill Dany if Jon seeing it all in person wasn't enough to do it?

He had to see it, live it, have Arya and Tyrion remind him of what's next and have Dany flatly tell him that she is the one who decides who in the entire world gets to live. Only then does he make the final decision to go through with killing her.

Think of Avengers Infinity War

  Hide contents

Dr Strange uses the stone and checks 14 million possible outcomes, maybe Bran knew this was the only way for Jon to turn and kill her. A bit far fetched but so was 14mill outcomes!

Bran being King makes sense in that he doesn't want power, doesn't want to avenge old issues and make his enemies pay. 

If Bran could see the future - he would tell Jon that NK is marching towards the wall but ok everything in place - Jon wouldn't have gone on the expedition - the wall wouldn't have fall - Dany would have her dragons and make her war against Cersei - probably everything in place. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Two different interpretations:

1) burning 1M people => Dany's death => more millions of people saved because Dany can't "liberate" them anymore

2) burning 1M people => Dany's death => Jon is sent to the Wall => Bran gets elected as the king.

The first interpretation makes Bran look more or less like a good guy who knew it was necessary to allow some victims in order to stop more carnage and to make the world a better place. The second one, however, portrays Bran as a calculating selfish manipulator who sacrificed all those people just for his personal gian.

I viewed it as the first one.  He knew some needed to die in order for Jon to kill Daenerys, which would prevent an even greater loss of life.  I don't see what motive Bran would have to be elected as king.  What personal gain, from his perspective?  Gilded wheelchair wheels? 

Edit:  I'm someone who thinks that Daenerys was always eventually going to go crazy.  Maybe it would have taken years, but I think she would have killed a looooot of people over her reign.  So preventing her from losing Viserion and everything that happened after that, may not have been in the best interest of Westeros in the long term. 

But I'm not convinced that Bran can see THAT far in the future, or that he always understands everything he sees, or that he sees the whole picture.  We don't have proof of that. 

Edited by Red Dragon10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nightwish said:

If Bran could see the future - he would tell Jon that NK is marching towards the wall but ok everything in place - Jon wouldn't have gone on the expedition - the wall wouldn't have fall - Dany would have her dragons and make her war against Cersei - probably everything in place. 

 

I am only talking about what was asked. Maybe the NK still breaches the wall. People forget that once the NK put his mark on Bran, they were able to enter the cave where the 3ER and CotF were, before that they couldn't enter, it some how broke the magic spells protecting it and the NK could now go wherever Bran was. If you expand on that, the NK can now go past the wall if Bran does because the spells that protect it are now broken.

Maybe Bran can only see parts of the future? Hell IDK. But you, me, and millions of others would be bitching if the wall never fell and the others never got past it right? So they have to have a way past it or there is no reason for them to rise up. If the stories all had to make sense they would be about a chapter long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I am only talking about what was asked. Maybe the NK still breaches the wall. People forget that once the NK put his mark on Bran, they were able to enter the cave where the 3ER and CotF were, before that they couldn't enter, it some how broke the magic spells protecting it and the NK could now go wherever Bran was. If you expand on that, the NK can now go past the wall if Bran does because the spells that protect it are now broken.

Maybe Bran can only see parts of the future? Hell IDK. But you, me, and millions of others would be bitching if the wall never fell and the others never got past it right? So they have to have a way past it or there is no reason for them to rise up. If the stories all had to make sense they would be about a chapter long.

No, in the inside the episode the show runners had said that the wall was standing there for 8000 years protecting them and there wasn’t  any reason why it shouldn’t protect them unless there was something big to create a hole. So Bran should know that they were safe. 

 

Edited by Nightwish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nightwish said:

No, in the inside the episode the show runners had said that the wall was standing there for 8000 years protecting them and there wasn’t  any reason why it shouldn’t protect them unless there was something big to create a hole. So Bran should know that they were safe. 

 

So Bran watched the inside the episode feature? I am only talking about what we saw onscreen. Onscreen we saw that spells failed after Bran was touched. We know the wall was protected by spells, not a huge leap from one to the other.

Don't get me wrong, we all know the expedition was stupid and a complete failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I am only talking about what was asked. Maybe the NK still breaches the wall. People forget that once the NK put his mark on Bran, they were able to enter the cave where the 3ER and CotF were, before that they couldn't enter, it some how broke the magic spells protecting it and the NK could now go wherever Bran was. If you expand on that, the NK can now go past the wall if Bran does because the spells that protect it are now broken.

Maybe Bran can only see parts of the future? Hell IDK. But you, me, and millions of others would be bitching if the wall never fell and the others never got past it right? So they have to have a way past it or there is no reason for them to rise up. If the stories all had to make sense they would be about a chapter long.

I made my theory that the Night King actually wanted to kill Bran, specifically Bran because he knew Bran and the 3ER was evil and corrupt. For all we know, the Night King might not have been that bad. 

I'm making up my own theory because this shows incompetent writers cant give me a pure answer. But he does say "Why do you think i'm here" or w/e he says in combination with the times he actually did see the future, it makes me think that he might actually have planned this all along and was the MAIN player of The game of thrones. 

He was the downfall of Littlefinger too "Chaos is a ladder." He knew how to play the game because he had seen how it has been played in the past up to the point of Dany coming and perhaps before that and perhaps constantly keeping an eye(raven) on them all. 

They say he cant have children and that's good. But we also don't really know how long he will be alive. It could be for thousands of years for all we know. 

Perhaps he wants to find the dragon too, because he doesn't have an army and being able to warg the dragon from a far distance, would give him a something better than an army. And if he is taken over by Bloodraven, he is a bastard Targ inside the body of a stark (ICE AND FIRE).

The only thing I cant see, is what he would want to do while on the throne. What would his purpose be? But they did say that "Bran died inside that cave." So.... I don't know. It's what some people I guess have already thought of and I honestly don't think Dumb & Dumber thought of it in this way. But if this is the ending GRRM wants, then perhaps this is exactly what it will be played out as.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

So Bran watched the inside the episode feature? I am only talking about what we saw onscreen. Onscreen we saw that spells failed after Bran was touched. We know the wall was protected by spells, not a huge leap from one to the other.

Don't get me wrong, we all know the expedition was stupid and a complete failure.

On screen we don’t have any indication that Bran can see the future, but if he did this is his arc, no? He should be able to know that they are safe since there wouldn’t be another future than the wall falling by the dragon. 

This is what the inside the episode tell us: there is no other way, no other future (if he could see it). 

Edited by Nightwish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Turning the LOtR's High Fantasy tropes upside down: The wizard instead of destroying Saruon, becomes Saruon, and will rule them all -- including the bended or unbended -- I can't figure this one out -- knees of the North, the 7th Kingdom.  In the 7th Kingdom he shall start breeding white walkers/wights baby orcses.

Edited by Zorral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

On screen we don’t have any indication that Bran can see the future, but if he did this is his arc, no? He should be able to know that they are safe since there wouldn’t be another future than the wall falling by the dragon. 

This is what the inside the episode tell us: there is no other way, no other future (if he could see it). 

Really because there are several threads saying the opposite.

One of Brans first visions is exactly what we saw in Ep 5, the dragon shadow across KL. Exactly the same path and shadow.  Brans response to, would you be king...Why do you think I came here?  Means, he came to be King.

I never thought he could see the future but these things point to it being possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

"Gently?" No.

Keep in mind Bran was in control of the information about Jon's lineage and chose to share it, even pushed Sam to share it with Jon. He could have warned Jon not to share it with Sansa and chose to allow him to tell her. Without the estrangement this information caused between Jon and Dany, and without Dany's newfound insecurity about her claim to the throne, she wouldn't have felt the need to burn King's Landing to inspire fear. D&D were clear on that last point in behind the episode.

So really its all Sam's fault. Bran thought Jon was a Sand instead of a Snow until Sam informed him of the Septon's diary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×