The North is finally independent

Erkan12

4 hours ago, Rast-afari said:

I get the feeling the only reason (and I mean only) Jon killed Dany was because of the threat, which Tyrion threw in his face, she posed to Sansa. If Dany doesn't start spewing  that New World Order stuff I think she gets a free pass on the massacre. I mean besides Tyrion who's from Kings Landing, were any of the other characters completely disgusted or outraged? The Northern army? Doubtful, considering they contributed to it. The people at the council? It's not even brought up. I don't think Sansa and Arya cared that much considering how people cheered when Ned got beheaded. Yara? They celebrated as she got dragged through the streets. The Dorne prince? He probably heard how they jeered and humiliated Ellaria and besides, Dorne never liked Kings Landing anyway. The rest have little love for the South and couldn't care less.

That's a good point too.  Sansa was nearly raped by a Kings Landing mob, in addition.  Given the conventions of medieval warfare, most power players would have seen the burning of Kings Landing as stupid, rather than immoral.

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

That's a good point too.  Sansa was nearly raped by a Kings Landing mob, in addition.  Given the conventions of medieval warfare, most power players would have seen the burning of Kings Landing as stupid, rather than immoral.

Good point, I think Jon was only very alarmed when he heard "Vinterfell" in her speech.

Archived