Sansa's backing out should have ended up with all others claiming independence

Dorne and the Iron Islands have always been as ready to proclaim their own kingdoms; I was expecting them to jump on the opportunity and set the whole elect a new king into shambles. What's the point of lords and ladies of Westeros to vote a king if they can call themselves kings and queens? 

Alas, as always I was wrong in giving D&D the benefit of the doubt, the reactions of the side characters is dictated by the mood even when somebody makes a complete 180 degree turn. 

7 minutes ago, L’Age d’or said:

What's the point of lords and ladies of Westeros to vote a king if they can call themselves kings and queens?

The North has been independent for thousands of years. So there is some justification to this.

But yes, I agree that a lot of free cities and independent kingdoms would have been a better choice.

8 minutes ago, L’Age d’or said:

to jump on the opportunity

When watching the scene for the first time, I expected that, too. 

Just now, Kajjo said:

The North has been independent for thousands of years. So there is some justification to this.

But yes, I agree that a lot of free cities and independent kingdoms would have been a better choice.

All other kingdoms were independent for thousands of years... 

The only thing special about the north is that they were always ruled by a Stark... 

Yeah, it makes no sense that the Iron Islands and Dorne stayed in Bran's kingdom when the precendent was just set. It was like:

Sansa: "North will be independent. Period."

Yara and the unnamed prince of Dorne: "Very cool and interesting."

Dumbest scene of an entirely dumb episode. Does everyone forget Yara was promised to be a queen of the Iron Islands from Dany? She was all set to be independent already. Now that Dany is dead, she's just cool being ruled again?

Drogon melts the iron throne. Seemed the writers had a chance to have the kingdoms break up after that symbolic moment. Nope, they let Sandra walk out and the others are just fine electing another Stark.

'

2 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Dumbest scene of an entirely dumb episode. Does everyone forget Yara was promised to be a queen of the Iron Islands from Dany? She was all set to be independent already. Now that Dany is dead, she's just cool being ruled again?

Drogon melts the iron throne. Seemed the writers had a chance to have the kingdoms break up after that symbolic moment. Nope, they let Sandra walk out and the others are just fine electing another Stark.

Lol see that wasn't in the recap prior to the episode so that means it never really happened.

Also, where is the logic in Jon going to the Wall after what he did?  If the North is a separate kingdom and the Unsullied are leaving, why isn't John just named KotN once he gets to Winterfell.  They're a separate kingdom and don't have to follow the 6 Kingdoms.  The Eryie would follow them if war happened and so would the Riverlands (even though there wouldn't be one since Bran is King).  

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

So was Dorne who joined only by marriage, Iron Islands waged war two times recently and Yara asked Daenerys for independence in the show and she agreed to do it if Ironborn support her Claim, respect integrity of Seven Kingdoms and give up of reaving, raping and pillaging.

The prince of Dorne just accepting it willy nilly made no sense at all. What reason does Dorne have to stay in the fold? They actually have their armies and population intact, and have a recent history of sovereignty, not to mention no loyalty or fraternity with the Starks.

5 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Why would Sansa be fearful of her own brother? She should have been fine being his warden. 

I just can't get over the terribleness of that moment and the lack of repercussions. Then as if to rub it in the face of the viewers a bit more they included that last bit where everyone bends to her and shouts Queen in The North.

7 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Yup this, people are insisting on ignoring this fact, and they are not andals like the rest of the 6 kingdoms.

Also geographically the North is larger than the all other 6 combined, it's harder to keep that large region intact with the other regions.

25 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

Yup this, people are insisting on ignoring this fact, and they are not andals like the rest of the 6 kingdoms.

Also geographically the North is larger than the all other 6 combined, it's harder to keep that large region intact with the other regions.

They are Andals wtf? Only Starks a couple other houses claim to be able to trace their bloodline to the First Men. Also the North makes up only a 3rd of Westeros.

Where did you get your info from?

Does it really matter if any kingdom was independent for thousands of years in the past when judging who should want to be independent now?  The North has been part of the seven kingdoms for over 300 years.  That's longer than the history of the United States.

Why would the other kingdoms agree to have a Northern Man who they don't know rule them when even his sister doesn't accept his rule?  It makes no sense. 

The Iron Islands are a part of the North and they are now under Bran even though they were independent under Dany?

It was an absurd scene.

3 minutes ago, L’Age d’or said:

They are Andals wtf? Only Starks a couple other houses claim to be able to trace their bloodline to the First Men. Also the North makes up only a 3rd of Westeros.

Where did you get your info from?

''The North is larger than the other 6 kingdoms combined''

''The Andals conquered every kingdom in Westeros save one, the North.''

I thought that the Ironborn also descend from the First Men?

The most accepted origin for the ironborn states they descend from First Men who settled upon the Iron Islands thousands of years ago. Their Seastone Chair, carved from oily black stone, is said to have been found on the shores of Old Wyk when they first arrive

Archived