Daenerys’s death should have been the end

I would much have preferred to spend more time developing the fall of Dany and Jon’s decision to assassinate her than the extended epilogue after her death. It all felt very anticlimactic. It went out with a whimper instead of a roar. I really would rather not know what happened to all the other characters than know that they had an ending that everyone hates. 

No. So the end would be "Dany is killed, Drogon crushes her body in his claw and flies off, the end"? And then what? What's going on then? Who rules? What happens to Jon? What happens with the rest of the characters?

No. The "epilogue" was the right way to do it. If they had 10 episodes instead of 6, I think it would be good if Ep8 = burning KL, Ep9 = post-battle and culminates with Jon killing Dany, Ep10 = how to deal with things when Dany is dead.

1 hour ago, Greenmonsterff said:

preferred to spend more time developing the fall of Dany and Jon’s decision to assassinate

No, not for me.

Daenerys was not the central figure of the story. Also, I really like to know what happens to our main characters.

17 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

No, not for me.

Daenerys was not the central figure of the story. Also, I really like to know what happens to our main characters.

I guess it’s in the eye of the beholder. Because this story, the song of Ice and Fire, for me was about Jon and Daenerys. 

After I saw the throne melt I thought that is great - it can end there and I will be happy.

Buuuut, I enjoyed all the resolutions. Brienne filling in Jamies pages welled me up big time - I loved his posthumous redemption and her acceptance of his admiration over true desire for her. That was really beautiful and touching.

Sansa, yea, she is a bit of a cow - but she earned her crown.

Little Arya - I hate her character after season 5 - but I stilled warmed to her hopping in her boat and heading off.

Jon patting ghost, come on, it was like Old yella in reverse - that was so nice.

I might watch it again, actually...

14 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Because this story, the song of Ice and Fire, for me was about Jon and Daenerys. 

Yes, I agree. But some aftermath, some resolution is nice, too. I enjoyed the end and that we know a bit of the future of Sansa, Arya and the others.

35 minutes ago, azor_ahaiii said:

The time jump leading to the council and shitty "funny" moment with Edmure felt so bizarre

Yeah, when I saw all the people there I was like "wtf is going on?!?!! how did they get there???!!!"

And did Edmure really try to get the crown himself? Really?

2 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

I would much have preferred to spend more time developing the fall of Dany and Jon’s decision to assassinate her than the extended epilogue after her death. It all felt very anticlimactic. It went out with a whimper instead of a roar. 

I agree. I could have tolerated some epilogue but not half an episode! I was very surprised with how quickly they killed her off.

Archived