West of Westeros: The Voyages of A. Stark

Johan Wehtje

Any ideas for the adventures our favorite Ninja has beyond the western sea. Considering how closely Westeros-Essos tracks Afro-Eurasia but with a Supersized UK I think a super continent like Americas needs to be at the other side. Or should it be like the Voyages of Odysseus? With a world even more fantastical. 

29 minutes ago, tallTale said:

After Arya threatened to cut her throat? I mean, why not at this point.

Well yes why not, but at the same time Yarra strikes me as the sort of person who would give Arya a boat precisely because she threatened to cut er throat for threatening her brother. As in "I like your spunk"

49 minutes ago, Johan Wehtje said:

a super continent like Americas needs to be at the other side.

Could be.

There can be something. In the worst case the far East of Essos.

She wants adventures. She will gets them. It's a nice ending for Arya's arc.

1 hour ago, W@rlock said:

She will die.. the same as the girl who tried in Fire and Blood.. that makes me sad... They'll only (maybe) find a boat with no sign of her...

That is what they seemed to keep telling us. That she is never coming back. She will never go North again. She will never see Jon again. She's gone Into the West in the Tolkein sense.

53 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I wonder how she got the gold to pay for that crew to go with her. 

Her family is now the richest family there. They just gave her prime war hero one ship. Nothing to wonder about that.

1 hour ago, W@rlock said:

She will die.. the same as the girl who tried in Fire and Blood.. that makes me sad... 

No, the story is entirely open. Just because a hero in the past did not succeed doesn't mean she cannot succeed. There will be something in the West, in the worst case the Far East.

This ending is meant to be open and not to be interpreted as death. Arya wants adventures and she gets them. This is mostly happy ending for her arc. 

We could not imagine Arya to marry, have children and be "Lady of Something"? That would have sounded ridiculous, too. Marry Gendry and ending up as Lady would have been against everything she stands for.

It's fine for Arya to go on adventures and no one know how these adventures turn out. West of Westeros is not certain death or nothingness.

Arya leaving for West of Westeros felt fitting but never returning? That seemed a bit odd to me, especially since she was the one that wanted the starks to stick together. I could not imagine that she would leave Jon, Sansa, Bran and everyone she knew and would NEVER return. She came back to Westeros too after Braavos. 

3 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Her family is now the richest family there. They just gave her prime war hero one ship. Nothing to wonder about that.

No, the story is entirely open. Just because a hero in the past did not succeed doesn't mean she cannot succeed. There will be something in the West, in the worst case the Far East.

This ending is meant to be open and not to be interpreted as death. Arya wants adventures and she gets them. This is mostly happy ending for her arc. 

We could not imagine Arya to marry, have children and be "Lady of Something"? That would have sounded ridiculous, too. Marry Gendry and ending up as Lady would have been against everything she stands for.

It's fine for Arya to go on adventures and no one know how these adventures turn out. West of Westeros is not certain death or nothingness.

If Arya was going to succeed we really should be given reasons why she should be different from Brandon the Shipwright and Elissa Farman.  Elissa spent her whole life sailing. Three ships went on her journey but only one staggered back. What is it about Arya that means she will succeed? That she is Arya Stark?

1 minute ago, EProduc said:

Arya leaving for West of Westeros felt fitting but never returning? That seemed a bit odd to me, especially since she was the one that wanted the starks to stick together. I could not imagine that she would leave Jon, Sansa, Bran and everyone she knew and would NEVER return. She came back to Westeros too after Braavos. 

Well it seems to be true. Jon was willing to stay in Castle Black for her but when she said she would never go North again he was free to go with Tormund beyond the wall. That is what seems the most wrong to me. Yet none of her siblings told her not to go or asked her why. So odd.

Archived