Jump to content
Kajjo

Destiny of Jon Snow

Recommended Posts

Just now, Ice Queen said:

Butterfly fever. It's a disease spread by the island's butterflies. The natives are immune to it, but it kills everyone else. They can lessen their chances of contracting it by spending no more than a few hours on the island, and to go at night. 

Really. That's awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Really. That's awesome!

Yeah, D&D obviously skipped that chapter, too. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was practically suicidal after being brought back from the dead. He was ready to die when Drogon found him and it maybe wouldve been better for him to finally rest as Alliser Thorne said. Having a few happy moments with Ghost and his wildling friends dont translate to a happy life. With all that has happened he will probably die soon when a dangerous situation arises for the freefolk. Him living to old age , guilt ridden with all his family gone and the ones that are left are the ones who pushed him into this direction. He still loves them but there is a reason he never answered Sansa if he forgives her. I wish I could accept this as a happy ending for Jon since I love the character but it may wouldve been better if he died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, nborders said:

If the Nights Watch still existed, then how could he leave and permanently join the wildlings? That’s desertion and is punishable by death. That would also technically make Sam a deserter too. 

I mean, he technically already deserted to take WF from Ramsay.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

He was practically suicidal after being brought back from the dead. He was ready to die when Drogon found him and it maybe wouldve been better for him to finally rest as Alliser Thorne said. Having a few happy moments with Ghost and his wildling friends dont translate to a happy life. With all that has happened he will probably die soon when a dangerous situation arises for the freefolk. Him living to old age , guilt ridden with all his family gone and the ones that are left are the ones who pushed him into this direction. He still loves them but there is a reason he never answered Sansa if he forgives her. I wish I could accept this as a happy ending for Jon since I love the character but it may wouldve been better if he died.

He does not invited Sansa to visit and she is the one that hugs him. I thought that was funny. 

 

Just now, ComfyLettuce said:

I mean, he technically already deserted to take WF from Ramsay.  

Everyone seems to believe he came back from the dead. Tyrion mentions it during the episode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ComfyLettuce said:

I mean, he technically already deserted to take WF from Ramsay.  

Technically, he was dead, so his Watch is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, nborders said:

If the Nights Watch still existed, then how could he leave and permanently join the wildlings? That’s desertion and is punishable by death.

I guess it all depends how the Night's Watch judges it. All the Wildlings there seem to adore him and want him North of the Wall. He is their true hero. At least in the North.

The Night's Watch was maybe just an excuse to have something to ban Jon to. Everyone knows it i not needed anymore.

1 hour ago, nborders said:

That would also technically make Sam a deserter too.

Kings rule. Bran will have sorted that one out extremely easily. Don't overdo regulations in medieval world of monarchy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Everyone seems to believe he came back from the dead. Tyrion mentions it during the episode.

 

3 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

Technically, he was dead, so his Watch is over. 

He wasn't a different person when Mel brought him back, his watch was temporarily on hold. Hey, I'm on Jon's side, for all hes done the NW should give him a free pass to do as he pleases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ComfyLettuce said:

 

He wasn't a different person when Mel brought him back, his watch was temporarily on hold. Hey, I'm on Jon's side, for all hes done the NW should give him a free pass to do as he pleases. 

After Jon became King he continued to act as if he was in the NW everything he did was about the NK and now he is officially back. I don't think he will leave again. That is just me. 

Edited by King Jon Snow Stark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read the entire thread so sorry If this had been discussed. How come that Jon didn't get killed by Unsullied or Dothraki. We saw them killing prisoners left & right but somehow they spared him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ComfyLettuce said:

 

He wasn't a different person when Mel brought him back, his watch was temporarily on hold. Hey, I'm on Jon's side, for all hes done the NW should give him a free pass to do as he pleases. 

IIRC, he makes a comment that his watch is over. I'll rewatch it, but I'm pretty sure he says it himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Jon is completely fucking broken. His actions are directly responsible for two of his lover’s deaths. Jon will end up a meandering drunkard, constantly intoxicated to quell the pain and quiet the nightmares. I hope ghost is on suicide watch.

Edited by tallTale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

he makes a comment that his watch is over. I'll rewatch it, but I'm pretty sure he says it himself. 

Yes, he does and this issue got settled long ago. His watch ended.

And not he just for once skips duty and decides for a living. No one will care. Unsillied are sailed away and North of the Wall is pretty far off for anyone else to moan about. He will not return to South of the Wall and that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, he does and this issue got settled long ago. His watch ended.

And not he just for once skips duty and decides for a living. No one will care. Unsillied are sailed away and North of the Wall is pretty far off for anyone else to moan about. He will not return to South of the Wall and that's it.

King Beyond the Wall. I actually like it and think it's a fitting end for him. He may end up being happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kajjo said:

How do you interpret the last scene of Jon Snow?

He is riding with Tormund and Ghost and a lot of wildlings, the Gates of the Night's Watch closing behind him.  Did Jon Snow once cut his honor and decided to have a life with Tormund and the wildlings as was foreshadowed in the E4 farewell scene Jon/Tormund?

Personally, this is my guess. Jon living with the wildlings, not returning to the Night's Watch. 

By the way, I enjoyed that he was reunited after all with Ghost. 

I choose to believe Jon went north, found Val, and they lived happily ever after...

...until the sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

IIRC, he makes a comment that his watch is over. I'll rewatch it, but I'm pretty sure he says it himself. 

He says exactly that. He found a loophole, that's for sure. Though he did wait until after executing Thorne & co. to abandon, IIRC.  I dont care either way. I'm on the side of let Jon roam with the free folk if he wants to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like they were quickly surrounded by Sansa's army. And there is a stand off between Sansa and Greyworm. Once Jon was given a life sentence for saving his home land. Grey Worm took his crew and left. 

1 minute ago, Wolfking007 said:

I haven't read the entire thread so sorry If this had been discussed. How come that Jon didn't get killed by Unsullied or Dothraki. We saw them killing prisoners left & right but somehow they spared him? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon didn't throw away his black cape, and he didn't throw away his chain - as I recall the master of the Night's Watch had one. If he had left permanently there would be symbolism to show it.

That he would go with the Wildlings to see where they settle is pretty much one of his main duties in this new situation. Especially since he has the best relation to them. Someone needs to go with them and see where they can be found, and it would make no sense for Jon Snow to send anyone other than himself, considering how close he is to Tormund. Then he can go back to the fortress again. He can go back and forth. Why not live in a warm fortress if you can? I have lived out in the wild, and after a while you really long back to a place that is warm. It's only fun when you romanticize it. Need I point out that YEARS OF WINTER are coming? He'll want brick walls and a brick fireplace.

And he'll want to stay in touch with his family. And the North. There's no reason for him to go live in the forest permanently when he can go back and forth. There's only so much you can do among the trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

He was practically suicidal after being brought back from the dead. He was ready to die when Drogon found him and it maybe wouldve been better for him to finally rest as Alliser Thorne said. Having a few happy moments with Ghost and his wildling friends dont translate to a happy life. With all that has happened he will probably die soon when a dangerous situation arises for the freefolk. Him living to old age , guilt ridden with all his family gone and the ones that are left are the ones who pushed him into this direction. He still loves them but there is a reason he never answered Sansa if he forgives her. I wish I could accept this as a happy ending for Jon since I love the character but it may wouldve been better if he died.

 

With Jon alive, he has the chance to find some peace and purpose in his new life.  If he had died or been executed, he would have died miserable.  If Jon lives long enough, he might see Free Folk and Northerners mingling more and strengthening the North together; and he will have played a major role in that direction.  He will also see the children of the Free Folk live to grow up, which probably would not have happened without him.

I see Jon and Sansa's last exchange indicating that while he is hurt at her betrayal of his trust, and cannot forgive her, he will always love her, whether or not he sees her again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jarl Halstein said:

If he had left permanently there would be symbolism to show it.

Well, the Gate closed behind them, he glanced back. We saw the green sprig as "Dream of Spring" and new hope. 

I am sure he left for good. It's clear for me and many commentaries on the net, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×