I really like what Drogon did but...

I was about to say it made sense in some small way - if my she can't have the throne, no one will - then I read the novelization of what happened by the other posters and it sounded so melodramatic and overly sentimental in the written form that I'm switching to the side of the people who say it's dumb as hell. 

On 5/28/2019 at 1:12 AM, storm.131 said:

It would actually have been really interesting and unexpected if he had turned on her when she tried to use him to kill the civilians.

Naw. Drogon is a black dragon. Everyone knows black dragons are chaotic evil. Especially D&D. ;)

What would've been cool is if the dragons were "evil" and intelligent. In order to ride them the rider must psychically bond with them. Over time the dragon mentally dominates the rider turning them evil and controlling them. Wala: evil Daenerys. 

Naw. What we got was awesome. Nevermind. 

3 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I was about to say it made sense in some small way - if my she can't have the throne, no one will - then I read the novelization of what happened by the other posters and it sounded so melodramatic and overly sentimental in the written form that I'm switching to the side of the people who say it's dumb as hell. 

since I was always in the camp of dumb as hell, I'll add this. The throne can always be rebuilt! Possibly from the weapons of the people who died fighting for Dany.

7 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Professor Drogon, English Literature PhD, briefly taught D&D eighth-grade level english, allowing them to use heavy handed symbolism and theming to show us who the real aunt killer was.

That would be Tyrion’s idiot cousin Orson Lannister, who was forever killing ants.

10 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Professor Drogon, English Literature PhD, briefly taught D&D eighth-grade level english, allowing them to use heavy handed symbolism and theming to show us who the real aunt killer was.

He then flew off to Asshai to ponder on the limits of artistic expression so he can critique the Karl Tanner scene and debate that it has no artistic merit to depict and glam up multiple rapes without exploring anything meaningful beyond 'Karl Bad'.

Excellent! Tricky business, that, distinguishing yer common-or-garden sleaze from subtle comment on sexual violence as a paradigm of domination. I am confident, though, that Drogon's superb mind is up to that task.

https://i.redd.it/aiar2wt49bz21.png

And also, with regard to the search for deep meaning in general:

On 5/20/2019 at 10:59 PM, kevinbgwrites said:

It really makes no sense that Drogon would have the intelligence of understanding and sympathizing with why Jon killed his mom and recognizing the throne as the real enemy- BUT was the weapon of mass destruction slaughtering the innocents. It just does click mentally very cleanly. 

I always thought that Drogon destroyed the throne out of spite, in a "if Dany can't have it no one can" attitude, and the only reason Jon survived was because of his Targ blood- perhaps  no Targ dragon can harm another Targ unless the bonded rider specifically demands it like in the Dance.

15 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

This is yet one more thing to look forward to if we ever have the chance to read GRRM further in this portion of his saga.  After Daenerys is slain, there is a quick moment that Jon and Drogon are face to face/eye to eye. (This moment was breathtaking and amazing and had me on the edge of my sofa!)  Jon is ready to be incinerated.  The blast furnace inside Drogan is heating up.  The inside of his throat is beginning to glow.  Jon is ready to die for killing his queen.  Ready to pay that ultimate price....And in a split second Drogon turns from Jon towards the Iron Throne!!!!  So amazing.  It will be another amazing thing if we have a Drogon POV chapter or chapters in GRRM's continuation/conclusion!!!!  What a moment!!!!!

Are you being facetious, or do people like this actually exist?

7 hours ago, Gendelsdottir said:

Excellent! Tricky business, that, distinguishing yer common-or-garden sleaze from subtle comment on sexual violence as a paradigm of domination. I am confident, though, that Drogon's superb mind is up to that task.

https://i.redd.it/aiar2wt49bz21.png

And also, with regard to the search for deep meaning in general:

Professor Drogon sees you're a man of culture too.

7 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Are you being facetious, or do people like this actually exist?

Hahahaha!  I was being totally serious!!!  Hahahaha!  I really would enjoy reading GRRM's version and am looking forward to whatever (if anything) he brings.  Think of me how you will, but there you have it.  Hahahahahahaha! 

6 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Hahahaha!  I was being totally serious!!!  Hahahaha!  I really would enjoy reading GRRM's version and am looking forward to whatever (if anything) he brings.  Think of me how you will, but there you have it.  Hahahahahahaha! 

That's in the epilogue to Dream, which is analogous to the one in Dance. It shows Dany living out her second life from her Blackwood half in Drogon.

Archived