Wheely? Discussing the "breaking of the wheel"

420faceless

3 hours ago, Martyn Bull said:

Yes to this. It should have notified us for a long time that she might not be the savior of Westeros, but part of the problem herself: I'm going to save you from yourself because I have this claim I've inherited from a king you disposed because he tried to burn down a city.

I think the "democracy" part was done quick and dirty (like a lot in the last seasons), but in the novels (if we get them), I think GRRM can make it work. Think of the resolution as something aka Magna Carta - one of the steps on the way from despotic monarchy to a constitutional one. The king's powers are somehow being more regulated by laws - much more space for doing that in text than on screen. Dany taking control would actually be a step back towards ABSOLUTE monarchy.

Absolute monarchy =/= despotic monarchy. Some of the greatest reformer monarchs were absolutists.

2 hours ago, RFL said:

And Davos - at least for the idea he was not born nobility.  Help the right nobility when they need it and you can get thrown a bone.  But title is what is held out as the ultimate "get me out of jail" card by the great houses.  

Ah, forgot about Davos. I meant on the council. Was Davos there? I can't remember.

23 hours ago, a girl knows nothing said:

The rich lords and ladies will fight over power while the small folk continue to toil and live their lives no matter who is ruling. And the wheel keeps rolling.

{...}

In regards to Bran, I do not see him as a villain, schemer, mastermind, or anything of that sort. To me, he seems to be a very passive and detached character who watches events unfold from a neutral standpoint with no personal objectives or ambitions.  He lets people make their own decisions and watches things play out as they will.

If Bran keeps everyone mind-controlled, it's all good

Archived