Your favorite individual acting performance

Emilia Clarke's been overall great this season. Especially this imperial speech in Dothraki... oh my god. 

I think Peter Dinklage started a bit clumsy (remember that line about Varys's balls in ep1 ??), but grew very moving, heartbroken, and shaded during the season. His moments with Varys in ep4 & 5 were very well handled IMHO, as were most of his scenes in the Finale. I'd give him the Actor of the Season award, if it wasn't for Emilia.

What are your thoughts about it ? 

1 hour ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

Emilia Clarke's been overall great this season. Especially this imperial speech in Valyrian... oh my god. 

I think Peter Dinklage started a bit clumsy (remember that line about Varys's balls in ep1 ??), but grew very moving, heartbroken, and shaded during the season. His moments with Varys in ep4 & 5 were very well handled IMHO, as were most of his scenes in the Finale. I'd give him the Actor of the Season award, if it wasn't for Emilia.

What are your thoughts about it ? 

It's got to be Peter Dinklage.

LOTS of great work was done on GoT, but Peter Dinklage was the best, I think.

I thought Emilia Clarke was better than she has been for a few years.  I've found her a bit one-note over the years, post...since I don't know, maybe the end of season 2?  But that is probably just due to Daenerys.  I've felt that her scenes with Kit have been quite flat over the past couple years.  I thought she did well playing Daenerys coming off the rails. 

EDIT - if you are asking about the whole series, that is a much harder question but it definitely wouldn't be Emilia.  Nikolaj has had some amazing scenes (the 'kingslayer' speech comes to mind) but there have been a lot of great performances.  I still LOVE Ned, and I think a lot of that is down to Sean Bean's acting. 

I liked Clarke listening to the bells in ep 5 and overall in ep 6.

I liked Headey when she realized she had lost. I thought it was completely Cersei to stand tall while the tears were pouring through and then just a little miss step when she turned to leave. Perfect. Of course, she is awesome. Some book readers may have turned on her a bit because clearly she got a much larger part than in the books because D&D love her. But it is not her fault she is great.

Of the whole show for me it is no contest. Dance was Tywin. He was better than Tywin in the books ever is. So many small things that made an older man so powerful and intimidating.

Another character that was a lot better than in the books was Jorah. Glen made him my favourite at some point.

E1 was clearly won by Samwell Tarly. Excellent acting. His were the best scenes and his acting made E1 tolerable. He stole the whole episode with his two important scenes easily.

E2 was well done by Brienne and Jaime, also by Arya.

E3 was not about a single actor excelling, but some scenes like Jorah/Daenerys death scene were very well acted.

E5 was Arya's episode. Long scenes well done. Sandor/Arya excellent, and the escape well played. Jaime/Cersei some excellent minutes.

E6 was very well done by Tyrion again, the best actor for me here. But Arya had some excellent facial expressions this time, just not much scenes to fill. Jon conveyed the pained expressions very well, too. Daenerys kept a little bit pale here, the death scene was not acted well, too plump and without real reaction to the stabbing, why on earth.

Season 8 was Arya's season, very many scenes and very many minutes screen time and a lot of important developments. The actress grew mature and experienced, her facial expressions well acted. 

Cersei did not have good scenes in S8, was only background, her death scene was her best acting in the whole episode and that was well done.

In the whole series certainly Tyrion and Cersei are the two outstanding actors for me. Tywin is an excellent actor as well and did a fantastic job, but he is a side character of course. I like Arya in very many scenes and the early seasons Maisie was so young but already acted so well. 

32 minutes ago, ComfyLettuce said:

Honorable mentions: Rory McCann and John Bradley.

Yes, Rory McCann was so good!  

31 minutes ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

Of the whole show for me it is no contest. Dance was Tywin. He was better than Tywin in the books ever is. So many small things that made an older man so powerful and intimidating.

Another character that was a lot better than in the books was Jorah. Glen made him my favourite at some point.

Yes, absolutely Dance as Tywin was amazing.  Such a memorable performance.

And I agree about Iain as well, Jorah was very believable. 

3 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Dance as Tywin was amazing.  Such a memorable performance.

Indeed, he made so much more of a side-character. This is what acting should be about. Outstanding performance, this dominance, masculinity, nobility. 

3 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

And I agree about Iain as well, Jorah was very believable. 

Yes, believable and masculine and very likeable as well. A good actor.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Drogon has been really compelling this season :P.

My thoughts exactly. 

Also Emilia Clarke. You could just tell that she wanted to do justice to her character even if the show butchered it so badly. 

Archived