Your favorite individual acting performance

If I had to choose one for the whole series I'd go with Jack Gleeson. I think his talent is often overlooked due to severely cruel nature of the character he played. But damn, did he do an amazing job.

As far as season 8 goes I'd probably go with Peter Dinklage. 

Iain Glen hands down. Jorah didn't have much dialogue in this series but all the scenes in The Long Night' were totally breath taking.

Emilia has been amazing too and but to be fair I think all the actors who started in this final series have been fantastic

17 hours ago, Winter's Cold said:

Runner ups would be Lena Headey who was excellent as usual

I don't think so. Cersei had only unimportant, mostly ridiculous scenes. Lena shined only in the death scene with Jaime. That one was great.  Season 8 was not Cersei's season. She was psychologically the anti-hero to begin with, but screen-wise not important. Of course, no fault of Lena Headey.

She is a great actress and in summary of all seasons she is one of the big winners. An excellent actress.

Emilia Clarke was great this season and I have to say, she’s amazing at emoting in made up languages which is quite the skill indeed.

Some brilliant actors in the show: NCW, Alfie Allen, IAin Glen, Dinklage, Maisie, Gleason... it’s a long list! 

Dinklage was definitely the best, at least insofar as giving me repeated gut punches even despite terrible writing.

Emelia however randomly went from an actress my group would joke about being terrible to top tier this season. I haven't liked her since season 1 that much.

Emilia Clarke was the top performer of the season for me. Peter Dinklage is the obvious choice for the whole series. Alfie Allen has always been very good. I thought he kind of stole the show in season 2.

I've seen a couple of comments about Kit Harrington. I'm not sure if D&D give him such bland, repetitive dialogue because they don't think he can handle much else. Maybe they just don't like the character or think it's convenient to have the hero be an idiot.

I will say that just about every actor brought their best in Season 8. Emilia and Kit have had their weaker moments throughout the show, and Kit especially was not great in season 7, but Emilia was fantastic in Season 8 and Kit brought it when he was given meaty scenes. Dinklage was phenomenal throughout the series; Headey is probably my series MVP, but didn't get any meaty material until episode 5.  Christie, Coster-Waldau, Glen, Hill, Bradley, Williams, and Turner all also gave great performances this season. Overall, I'd say Emilia Clarke or Peter Dinklage for best performance of the season, and Headey for best overall performance throughout the series.

21 hours ago, Crixus said:

Emilia Clarke was great this season

I like her so much, BUT I think this season was not really hers.

The love/romance scenes with Jon were awkward. I accepted they love each other for the sake of the show, but that was not convincing playing. No real tenderness, the kisses strange. This dragon tour to the waterfall the worst of it. No, these two actors had no chemistry going here and were not good enough actors to make it feel true anyway. There are enough examples of brilliant love scenes whose actors despised each other. It can work. 

Other than that, yes, Emilia Clarke has some strong scenes. But season 8 was not particularly here strong seasons.

The fact that anyone is able to believe Dany’s turn with such terrible writing is a testament to just how well Emilia Clarke acted this season.  Don’t forget how much of her acting was done in green screen studios.  

Lena Heady is by far the winner for the series, but she just didn’t have enough screen time this season for her to have significantly stood out.

Of all the complaints I have about this season, the acting is not one of them.  I can’t think of an actor that did not do a great job with the script they were given.   

Also, I didn't think to mention it when starting the thread, but I believe Alfie Allen absolutely deserves credit.

I mean, usually I am not sensible when watching movies /TV shows. Like, really not. Not often am I moved when important characters die (of course the Red Wedding did mark me), and I actually tend to find some death scenes a bit boring and lengthy.

But this season, Theon's death definitely moved me. As predicted as it was, I was sad it had to happen. Man's had a painful and brutal path, but beautifully and heroically ended. A redemption if there has ever been. And wonderfully acted by A.Allen, especially since season two.

"you're a good man, Theon".

On 5/20/2019 at 5:18 PM, Winter prince said:

Until this season I though Emilia was an expressionless actress. She killed the last few episodes 

I wouldn't go so far as to say she was expressionless in past seasons, but certainly not a great actress. She often made me cringe. She was excellent this season though, as were Lena Heady, Peter Dinklage, and Maisie Williams. Rory McCann gets an honorable mention from me.

For the whole series, I would have to say Lena Heady and Peter Dinklage are tied. Other great performances by Masie Williams, Nickolaj K-W, Ian Glenn, Sophie Turner (she really grew with her character), Aidan Gillen, Iwan Rheon (Ramsey), Alfie Allen, John Bradley, Charles Dance, Liam Cunningham, Jack Gleeson. I don't know if I could see Iwan Rheon and Jack Gleeson in any other roles without expecting them to act like Ramsey and Joffrey, they were that good. There were so many excellent performances in this series, I know I am missing some.

10 hours ago, Kajjo said:

The love/romance scenes with Jon were awkward. I accepted they love each other for the sake of the show, but that was not convincing playing. No real tenderness, the kisses strange. This dragon tour to the waterfall the worst of it. No, these two actors had no chemistry going here and were not good enough actors to make it feel true anyway. There are enough examples of brilliant love scenes whose actors despised each other. It can work. 

According to Joey from "Friends", that means they were in the sack off screen LOL

Of course we know that isn't true because Kit is happily newly married. Maybe that's why his scenes with Ygritte were better than his scenes with Dany.

Archived