Killing Bronn

Bronn becoming the lord of HighGarden and master of coin instead of being killed in the spot was the worst thing in this episode. Tyrion should have him killed and not give him a position in the small council. Bronn is smart but C'MON who is this guy? No one know him, people in the reach is fine with this decision? Wtf my dude.

I think I both liked and disliked it. On one hand it was fanservicey, but on the other hand I liked his speech in episode 4 about all the Great Houses where founded by people like him, and its just been so long that people have forgotten. I mean, Orys Baratheon was Aegon the Conqueror's bastard brother, allegedly. Lann the Clever was a trickster. I guarantee Bran the Builder wasn't a saint. etc.  

3 minutes ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I mean, Orys Baratheon was Aegon the Conqueror's bastard brother, allegedly. Lann the Clever was a trickster. I guarantee Bran the Builder wasn't a saint. etc.  

I'm not saying bad people couldn't start a new house or a powerful house, but, the problem is how. In the books make sense bronn getting what he's getting, but, after season 6 everything given to bronn could be resolved easier by killing him than anything else, even more so as Tyrion is funding a new governement basically.

1 minute ago, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

They could have used a couple of scenes to transition bronn from somehow stalking Tyrion with a crossbow to being on the small council. That would have made sense creatively to me.

The problem would still be there. Bronn has no real power, not anymore, he doesn't have any cards to play, he doesn't have any secrets that could ruin someone in a position of power. He gained the things he got by being "loyal" to powerful people in power positions, but what would Tyrion lose by killing him and giving Highgarden to someone more capable and a lord that needs to be more loyal to the crown?

Haha D and D didn't bother to answer those questions. Truly why would any of the 6 kingdoms go along with Tyrion picking Bran as king in the first place... The show ran out of names to give a lot of places rulers so I'm fine with Bronn getting highgarden. Who rules Dorne? Was that Harry the Heir or Sweet Robyn with Royce? They honored Dany on Gendry? They didn't have anyone from the rock? They really hate Edmure to bring him back and take a dump on him. The meeting of all the high lords of Westeros felt weak to me. Because you are pretty much only connected to the Starks and tyrion so they win the game of thrones. But the pack was supposed to be stronger together so what is the awesome finale. Every stark that makes it is separated in the end... They hit Bittersweet for me. I guess that was what They were going for lol

While he doesn't have any power, he is quick thinking, can organize things and is capable. While he is sidelined in the books, he shows his ability there as well.

Who should get the Highgarden? Giving it to an existing lord would mean creating even bigger fifedom for him. Though I would say he fits more the Master of War title, his intimate experience with one of the most agile industries of King's Landing gives him good insight in the matters of Coin as well :P  And as a poor sellsword he is used to counting pennies.

Bronn could never hope to keep HG without dragons to lull the southern lords to submisson. The lords of the Reach are so stuck in their ways there would be a rebellion in NO time. Also why would Bronn have any money at all when the Lannisters took Highgarden im sure they took all the gold as well leaving Bronn with a HUGE castle but no money to pay his knights or afford repairs to said huge castle. 

8 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

Bronn could never hope to keep HG without dragons to lull the southern lords to submisson. The lords of the Reach are so stuck in their ways there would be a rebellion in NO time. Also why would Bronn have any money at all when the Lannisters took Highgarden im sure they took all the gold as well leaving Bronn with a HUGE castle but no money to pay his knights or afford repairs to said huge castle. 

Thank you, but sadly the show isn't the books so there's no lord in the reach to contest Bronn

On 5/21/2019 at 1:34 PM, Stormking902 said:

Not if he manages to successfully surf their resentment toward each other (divide and conquer...). Similar to Bran lading the 6K, I can well imagine the Lords of Reach would grudgingly accept new overlord because the alternative would be helping The Other Bugger Who Owes Me Money and Who Fought Against Me 200 Years Ago to take the title.

Lesser houses also may not be too happy with the big houses and that is another thing Bronn could successfully leverage. More than one ruler in the history survived because while everyone hated him, they hated their peers even more ;)

On 5/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Bronn becoming the lord of HighGarden and master of coin instead of being killed in the spot was the worst thing in this episode. Tyrion should have him killed and not give him a position in the small council. Bronn is smart but C'MON who is this guy? No one know him, people in the reach is fine with this decision? Wtf my dude.

I am of the opinion that both bronn and tyrion should've died and rhaegal shouldve lived instead.

I think we underestimate Bronn's loyalty to the Lannister men and his willingness to risk his neck of the pay-off is right.  I mean look how he stuck with Jaime even though he did not have his castle or his bride yet.  He risked the dragon's breath to "save" him.  The most disappointing part of Bronn's arc, at least to me, was we did not see him go north with Jaime when Jaime went alone.  

They killed the show Tyrells (and excluded the large family of the book Tyrells) and excluded: Hightowers, Redwynes (besides Olenna), Rowans, Oakhearts, Fossoways, some of the Florents, etc. This is what we get sadly...

because a lAnNiStEr aLwAyS pAys hIS dEbts!

but seriously, this was easily the most idiotic arc conclusion. it's stated numerous times that sellswords are the lowest of the low and notoriously untrustworthy. they're basically on the same social status as thieves, rapists, and prostitutes. and bronn has proven on numerous occasions that he is strictly driven by greed. i remember in season 2 when tyrion asked if he'd be willing to strip a baby away from it's mother's breast and murder it in front of her, his first question would be how much they'd pay him to do it. bronn was a low-key evil character who just happened to be charming.  to me, it seemed like tyrion simply viewed him as a useful idiot who could do his dirty work with no intention of actually giving him titles. it would most likely demerit his family sigil by giving a lowly sellsword titles and castles. the fact that he was even dumb enough to physically assault and threaten the first hand and his brother should have made it even more clear that his demise would be near. i wasn't expecting every character's ending to be "fair", but this was just an asinine way to go about it. the fact that the all-knowing king bran was also okay with it makes it even more ridiculous.

This is one of the few bits that, to me, really grew organically out of character and previous actions, as the actor created Bronn to be.  You bet if Tyrion is Hand, he's going to have his bbf close to hand -- >a-hem<.  He and Bronn are very well matched; they are a terrific check and balance to each other, as supposedly, Bran, the Evergreentreeinternet, would know.  Though, I'd always bet on Bronn before on Tyrion.  Bronn, not being born well, has that sheer raw mad  energetic survivor cunning that Tyrion's not got.

Also, it cannot but be noticed, that never have we seen Bronn not figuring out how to live well at the expense of others.  What better talent than that would would want from a Master of Coin -- with Tyrion keeping an eye on the accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

Bronn went from a good character to the most annoying person on the show for me.

Should have died facing the dragon in season 7. Instead they wanted to keep him in the show due to popularity, but most of his subsequent scenes were fan service appearances that didn't have any real function except out of place comic relief. His ending is obviously ridiculous and shows the writers have no respect for the world they are writing in.

Archived