Bran book vs show

thomasn

I read most of the books a long time ago. I liked Bran in the early books. I haven’t read the later books. Did the show character match the later book Bran character ?  Show Bran seemed very different from book Bran. Maybe the actor was just bad. 

2 minutes ago, thomasn said:

I read most of the books a long time ago. I liked Bran in the early books. I haven’t read the later books. Did the show character match the later book Bran character ?  Show Bran seemed very different from book Bran. Maybe the actor was just bad. 

The problem is that book Bran and show Bran diverged after season 4, and everything that’s happened to him since then has essentially been the invention of the show. They’ve struggled to portray the scope and importance of his abilities since then, and struggled to integrate him into the rest of the show/cast in any kind of meaningful way, so he’s really hard to get a read on. 

1 minute ago, Starkz said:

If Bran somehow becomes King in the books he’d be, what, 12? 13? Not to mention if he’s anything like the show he’s a robot.

Yup. He was just 7 when the story began. I can't see them unanimously selecting a child as king. And, there's no reason to believe book Bran will be the same as show Bran. Martin is a master storyteller.

In the books he eats Jojen to get the greenseer skill - in the show he just has it. In the books he has a bit of an evil manipulative side, I found - where in the show he is just a robot. I do not think it is impossible that he manipulates events in the book and scores a Kingship out of it - or that the Children use him to get the throne of men under their control - and that is like their finally victory over mankind for invading Westeros.

Actually, thinking on it, it kind of makes sense. In the books bran will probaly take out the others and be labelled as the hero of the remaining kingdoms and crowned - all because the CotF manipulated him into that position.

My prediction is same ending, Bran becomes King, albeit in a more persuasive manner. Difference will be that last chapter will be Bran's, last page(s) an inner monologue where he ponders on how he will slowly act to bring the realm in decay and an eventual total collapse, so the Children will rule again.

A revelation that the prequel show will probably make in its own finale, when they introduce the 3ER. And it will be used as the last shock of the main series.

Archived