Bittersweet?

shawnpmcd

3 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Jon leaving to return to the true north, where he was always happiest, but only because he’s been exiled for a crime that will always be misunderstood and will stain him as a traitor and murderer for all time is pretty bittersweet. 

Do you actually think people will see him as a traitor though? His best friend Sam is the one writing the narrative.

4 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Jon leaving to return to the true north, where he was always happiest, but only because he’s been exiled for a crime that will always be misunderstood and will stain him as a traitor and murderer for all time is pretty bittersweet. 

I think most people realize Dany is mad. His legacy won’t be tarnished but he is forced to go Beyond the Wall or be a part of the NW which is bitter.

1 minute ago, Higgins86 said:

Do you actually think people will see him as a traitor though? His best friend Sam is the one writing the narrative.

No I sincerely doubt that. His legacy will be one of true heroes and legends.

5 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I'd guess he will go down a hero, because Dany turned out to be exactly the crazed Targ with her foreign hordes come to decimate Westeros that Cersei's propaganda said she was....

Just now, Starkz said:

No I sincerely doubt that. His legacy will be one of true heroes and legends.

Yes. Everyone knows that Daenerys destroyed the city and Jon rescued them from her reign of horrors. 

1 minute ago, Higgins86 said:

Yeah, I mean otherwise why exile him in the first place now that Grey Worm is gone? 

They can’t have a king/queen murderer running around with no punishment, considering how badly it went with the Lannister version. 

7 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Yeah, I mean otherwise why exile him in the first place now that Grey Worm is gone? 

They can’t have a king/queen murderer running around with no punishment, considering how badly it went with the Lannister version. 

I may be in the minority but I don't think they actually exiled him. I think they knew where Jon would be happiest and who was actually waiting for him at Castle Black.  I don't think its was expected by Bran that Jon would serve out his days as a man of the nights watch.

3 minutes ago, Higgins86 said:

I may be in the minority but I don't think they actually exiled him. I think they knew where Jon would be happiest and who was actually waiting for him at Castle Black.  I don't think its was expected by Bran that Jon would serve out his days as a man of the nights watch.

Totally agree. Otherwise he’d have stuck around castle black and not immediately left with tormund. 

1 minute ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Totally agree. Otherwise he’d have stuck around castle black and not immediately left with tormund. 

Would have been funny I guess. Jon to dumb to realize they want him to be free, rebuilds the Nights watch and waits for recruits that never come.

It's bittersweet for Jon. He even said what he did does not feel right. Sure he's free in the North with ghost but at what cost to him emotionally? He's now betrayed the two women that have loved him and held both of them in his arms while they died

21 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Why not? Tyrion killed his father and got charged Guilty of killing Jofferey and he is walking around like nothing happen.. And that's worse than what Jon did. 

I need to let this go. It was just pure s#&t. Nothing makes sense and here I am looking for answers and doing my own conclusions to make this show make any sense. It's trash, pure trash. 

14 minutes ago, Higgins86 said:

No....you are not in the minority. This is exactly what I thought too. 

It was going to be bittersweet all along, George has been saying this for years. You know all this 'Jon went where he was the happiest' talk may have some truth in it, but he lost so much. I truly got the feeling he was a broken man, and I mean why wouldn't he be, he killed the woman he loved because he just had to. I'd say it's even worse than bittersweet. It's more of a sad ending. Every character lost a lot and even if there is new hope for a better Westeros and the war's over, empty spaces can not be filled that easily.

Jon, Tyrion and Dany, basically the main characters, had the worst endings so I think it's fair to say the series ended on a bad note with some hope for better times in sight.

4 minutes ago, EProduc said:

Jon, Tyrion and Dany, basically the main characters, had the worst endings so I think it's fair to say the series ended on a bad note with some hope for better times in sight.

I'm sorry but how did Jon and Tyrion have bad endings.

Jon got to do what he wanted to do and Tyrion did as well...

Archived