People's reaction to Dany turning Mad Queen says something about us as humans

15 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Spare me your amateur psychology. Everything can be a choice including death itself, and the Tarlys chose their demise over submission to their opponent. /nuffsaid

so if someone point a gun on you and say "give me your wallet or i kill you" and you resist, your death will be a suicide?

5 minutes ago, beeeeeen said:

so if someone point a gun on you and say "give me your wallet or i kill you" and you resist, your death will be a suicide?

Since you acknowledge the danger of getting killed. Who would make the choice to resist over a giving wallet? opps...that word again..choice..

Just now, Nightwish said:

Since you acknowledge the danger of getting killed. Who would make the choice to resist over giving wallet? opps...that word again..choice..

and then, the person who shot you is not a murderer since you chose not to give your wallet...
that's marvellous, you can justify almost anything with that way of thinking...

42 minutes ago, beeeeeen said:

and then, the person who shot you is not a murderer since you chose not to give your wallet...
that's marvellous, you can justify almost anything with that way of thinking...

:lmao::lmao:

Sorry but I couldn't resist a little of fun.  

What you are trying to compare doesn't stand. Tarlys are at war. They are not innocents, they are just the defeated side. 

1 hour ago, beeeeeen said:

But we should not worry about being fooled by the writers, they are giving us an opportunity to question ourleves, to think about what we believe, to check out again earlier seasons to see if there wasn't signs that it would happen (Spoiler Alert, there were a lot of signs)... but no, some peoples simply refuse to do anything like this, i have seen it several times with other fictions (Star Wars ep VIII, The Shield...)
There is a name for this phenomenon (including the aspect you described), it's cognitive dissonance.

It's a joke, right? Since the only opportunity these writers have given us is to see their filthy mediocrity and unprofessionalism.

11 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

It's a joke, right? Since the only opportunity these writers have given us is to see their filthy mediocrity and unprofessionalism.

Never mind they are likely to proclaim that DD are Kundera just to cover their non stop-love-to hate-Dany syndrome when all the fandom is on their knees  laughing with the producers incompetence and unforgettable lines such as: "Dany forgot the Iron Fleet". Don't you see the skepticism in this line? What's wrong with you? :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

no that's not a joke... you can think whatever you want about the quality of the writing, i kinda agree that the first seasons were a little better written, and i agree there was a big shift in pacing from season 7, but i disagree about calling this mediocrity or unprofessionalism. Anyway the facts are here, some peoples (and i am not one of them, i was fooled like most of the audience, eventhough i started to think she would not end well when Jorah died) saw this coming years ago, they listed everything Daenerys did in Essos that made them come to this conclusion, and they were right. That is a fact wether you like it or not. If some people could see it, then the groundwork had been done, we just had to look harder. But yeah, the clues were subtle, and it was on purpose, that's how a twist work, and a twist is supposed to make you think about what happened, what did you miss, why were you fooled, etc...
But the truth is, you do not want to think, you don't like to think, you hate the idea of beeing fooled, so you are accusing the writers, that's all there is.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:22 PM, A man doesn't have a name said:

I see people complaining about poor character development, or unforeseen corruption of Daenerys, but I honestly feel like people are mad because of how humans are. We pick our favourite heroes and turn a blind eye to everything they do from the moment they become our heroes. We leave them unchecked or justify their actions on the basis of a greater purpose that they are trying to achieve.

I'm just mad because there wasn't sufficient character development to justify Daeny murdering innocents.

I literally saw people trying to justify the burning of King's Landing in order to spare their heroin from moral judgement.

I've seen only a small amount of people justify the full strafe bombing. Most Daeny fans are upset the showrunners went that route.

A tyrant is seldom born a tyrant.

Of course. They're all born cute babies.

I have observed that people who didn't idolize Daenerys from season 1 could clearly see how she was slowly becoming obsessed with power and gave up support to her by season 7,  as she failed to display lenience and to rule with wisdom.

I'm going to need some more evidence than just this blank statement. Sorry, them the rules.

11 minutes ago, beeeeeen said:

But the truth is, you do not want to think, you don't like to think, you hate the idea of beeing fooled, so you are accusing the writers, that's all there is.

Dear you are the one accusing and judging others people intelligence, all along.  Don't tell to other people what to think or make assumptions about them based on a fictional story which is destined for mass consumption. This is problematic. 

2 minutes ago, beeeeeen said:

Use your brain before you call me, genius. We're talking about showrunners who forgot a Starbuck cup, then plastic bottles on the set, plus Jaime's hand. We're talking about the "end of the Dothrakis", just to see them again one episode later, and Unsullied that respawn en masse like they were in a WoW dungeon…

1 minute ago, Nowy Tends said:

Use your brain before you call me, genius. We're talking about showrunners who forgot a Starbuck cup, then plastic bottles on the set, plus Jaime's hand. We're talking about the "end of the Dothrakis", just to see them again one episode later, and Unsullied that respawn en masse like they were in a WoW dungeon…

You should go on IMDB, for every movie or show, there is a "goofs" section... you will see that no movie or show is exempt of goofs, there are even some in Citizen Kane. Also, you are blaming the two headwriters for a starbuck cup on a table? are you implying that the starbuck cup was in the script? do you even have the slightest idea of who does what in the movie/tv industry?

17 minutes ago, beeeeeen said:

Also, you are blaming the two headwriters for a starbuck cup on a table? are you implying that the starbuck cup was in the script? do you even have the slightest idea of who does what in the movie/tv industry?

???? Obviously you don't know what you're talking about… You're certainly much smarter than the 1.5 million people who signed a petition…

Even the most complacent people like Jimmy Fallon say it's crap.

Please have a look at this:

While not nice, I don't consider her actions "mad" in an insane sense. And I find it odd anyone but Tyrion would care what happened to Kings Landing. A population which fueled Lannister wars and attack on the North. Did everyone deserve to die? No, but ultimately they as a population are collateral damage and elected to be so by not overthrowing their prior ruler.

1 minute ago, Nowy Tends said:

???? Obviously you don't know what you're talking about… You're certainly much smarter than the 1.5 million people who signed a petition…

Even the most complacent people like Jimmy Fallon say it's crap.

yes i'm probably smarter than 1.5 million people...  and i really think i am smarter than 1.5 million people who would sign a petition about this, but you know, that's still humble from me to say that, because there are still more than 7 billion people that may be smarter than me...

4 minutes ago, Techmaester said:

While not nice, I don't consider her actions "mad" in an insane sense. And I find it odd anyone but Tyrion would care what happened to Kings Landing. A population which fueled Lannister wars and attack on the North. Did everyone deserve to die? No, but ultimately they as a population are collateral damage and elected to be so by not overthrowing their prior ruler.

well, congratulation, you think like a medieval ruler... not a really good one, but hey!

1 minute ago, beeeeeen said:

well, congratulation, you think like a medieval ruler... not a really good one, but hey!

The best and longest lasting rulers did exactly that. Empires were never forged on fear of hurting foreign populations during military conflicts. Even todays society still runs on it even though it tries to mask the reality. The US military won't hesitate to drone a terrorist cell even if it's hidden among a civilian population.

7 minutes ago, beeeeeen said:

yes i'm probably smarter than 1.5 million people...  and i really think i am smarter than 1.5 million people who would sign a petition about this, 

says the guy who joined this forum 20 days ago with the hope of showing that everyone here is wrong… :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Techmaester said:

The best and longest lasting rulers did exactly that. Empires were never forged on fear of hurting foreign populations during military conflicts. Even todays society still runs on it even though it tries to mask the reality. The US military won't hesitate to drone a terrorist cell even if it's hidden among a civilian population.

i was teasing you, i understand that you are just putting yourself in the mind of a medieval ruler, and yes, you are right, some ruler ruled a long time because they were like this... but Daenerys was claiming she would break the wheel... she was "supposed to build a better world for the people that were being ruled" and yet, she did what a lot of other ruled would have done, she sacked the city... except that it was with magical napalm... you can think she is not worse than any other medieval ruler, but she is certainly not better... and all she did was bringing destruction just for her power lust

4 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

says the guy who joined this forum 20 days ago with the hope of showing that everyone here is wrong… :rolleyes:

so it's me vs everybody now? the person who created this thread will be happy to learn that he doesn't count...

Archived