People's reaction to Dany turning Mad Queen says something about us as humans

1 hour ago, Jarl Halstein said:

Hilarious! After every cop show including women who act tougher than the men. After countless shows with women beating up men twice their weight, with some smart quip afterward. Oh, I'll just pick a few examples: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Xena and, let's see ... ever heard of Arya Stark and The Great Liberator Daenerys? George Martin is a Hollywood creature after all, so he filled the show with feminist propaganda. Gotta have the Gogurrrls!

And still you feminists pretend there aren't enough women beating the men. Oh, my sides. You always pretend that The Oppressors run the media and government so you can roleplay as the poor oppressed, when all the laws and all the media propaganda, including in shows like this one, are made to cater to feminists.

I remember a dumb male media feminist claiming that he watched Wonder Woman in the theater with a woman who got TEARS in her eyes, stuttering, "so this is what it feels like ....... to be REPRESENTED!" Now, I will be nice. I don't think any feminist would actually sit there and cry, so he was making it up. And I don't think anyone could pretend that she "hasn't been REPRESENTED" in the media before. But obviously it wasn't too far from the truth. Obviously there are feminists that will pretend they don't get "REPRESENTATION" enough.

Because if you admitted that laws and propaganda are all geared toward you, then you wouldn't have anything left to blame when you fail.

By the way, why don't feminists ever call for integrated sports? As we have seen in TV shows, women easily beat men in anything physical. So how about pushing for some real change - to let women compete against men in running, boxing, skiing, swimming, golfing, archery, shooting? See, I listen to the demands for equality. No more segregation, let the sexes compete together!

Having the only admirable female character get shanked by her nephew after acting a bit nutty isn't much for feminist propaganda. I have a penis but I thought Danys character was way better than Jon for many reasons, she wasn't trying to be male but she still was very successful in male areas which made her very popular. She's also pretty much everyones fantasy(either wanting to be her or get with her)

Anyway the entire show was pretty fundamentally subversive to everyone  and sort of gave the message to not try as you will fail in one way or another - can't fight destiny and all that jazz. I think I am getting tired of reasoning about Martin's world. 

6 hours ago, Jarl Halstein said:

Hilarious! After every cop show including women who act tougher than the men. After countless shows with women beating up men twice their weight, with some smart quip afterward. Oh, I'll just pick a few examples: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Xena and, let's see ... ever heard of Arya Stark and The Great Liberator Daenerys? George Martin is a Hollywood creature after all, so he filled the show with feminist propaganda. Gotta have the Gogurrrls!

And still you feminists pretend there aren't enough women beating the men. Oh, my sides. You always pretend that The Oppressors run the media and government so you can roleplay as the poor oppressed, when all the laws and all the media propaganda, including in shows like this one, are made to cater to feminists.

I remember a dumb male media feminist claiming that he watched Wonder Woman in the theater with a woman who got TEARS in her eyes, stuttering, "so this is what it feels like ....... to be REPRESENTED!" Now, I will be nice. I don't think any feminist would actually sit there and cry, so he was making it up. And I don't think anyone could pretend that she "hasn't been REPRESENTED" in the media before. But obviously it wasn't too far from the truth. Obviously there are feminists that will pretend they don't get "REPRESENTATION" enough.

Because if you admitted that laws and propaganda are all geared toward you, then you wouldn't have anything left to blame when you fail.

By the way, why don't feminists ever call for integrated sports? As we have seen in TV shows, women easily beat men in anything physical. So how about pushing for some real change - to let women compete against men in running, boxing, skiing, swimming, golfing, archery, shooting? See, I listen to the demands for equality. No more segregation, let the sexes compete together!

You have proven in this post that you do not understand the first thing about feminism or feminists, so honestly, no point in arguing.

I do dare say however, you seem very emotional about someone having a different opinion than yours. I'm not a professional, but we can address your anger management issues on priv, maybe I can help. If you are truly interested in exploring worldviews and experiences different than your own, then maybe we can even continue this discussion like respectful adults we are.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:09 AM, HeadlessHenchman said:

Had all those people who were not slaves cared for their own liberation, they could have risen up and toppled Cersei. 
They didn't. They either preferred continuing on as subservient pawns to be used and abused - effectively blocking progress for generations to come - or they just preferred that someone else risked everything to liberate them. 
Innocent? Hmmm... 

So they were guilty of what? Complacency? Last I checked complacency isn't a capital offense.

Plus, given that the Iron Throne had essentially become a prop in a game of musical chairs over the previous handful of years and that Cersei herself was a certifiable tyrant as evidenced by blowing up the Sept of Baelor, who can blame the commoners if their course of action was to simply wait it out? History told them somebody would be coming after Cersei sooner or later and sure enough their complacency was rewarded when Dany obliged. Whether we like the writing or not, or even if we hated the arc Dany ended up with, the fact is, that with the story we got, Dany's actions after the bells rung are indefensible. I think Jon did the right thing just as Jaime did the right thing with the Mad King 15ish years prior.

Archived