International Thread 3

DireWolfSpirit

Regarding the 8/8 Russian nuclear mishap.

Putin's test missile failed and exploded in deadly nuclear accident

Yahoo News VideoOctober 11, 2019, 1:54 PM CDT

An Aug. 8 nuclear accident near Nyonoksa, Russia, was caused by a nuclear reaction that occurred while Russians were attempting to recover a nuclear-powered cruise missile submerged in the White Sea after a failed test last year.

So... in regards to the Turkish invasion into Syria, next week is definitely not going to be fun for me. You see, fucked up German education policies force me to be a politics teacher despite having no didactic training of the subject whatsoever and I'm teaching in a school with extremely high migration background (up to 90% of the students). I already have noticed that several of my students are die-hard Erdogan fans whose parents only consume state media and who get extremely angry when their fellow students dare to disagree that Erdogan is infallible. And that were things I noticed during peace-time.

So now I'm preparing myself to help them analyse the conflict. To question the motives of all parties involved. And I'm obviously very worried that this will backfire and have my students get at each other's throats.

For that matter, to see what exactly Erdogan's propaganda is saying, I downloaded a flyer the Turkish embassy is posting on their homepage and virtually everywhere on Facebook to give their side of the story. It's a .docx-file, not a .pdf. It's just pictures and text fields thrown together and even with the newest Word version available all is a messed up jumble. The computer science teacher in me wonders how you can fight a war when your government officials can't even use Word properly...

1 hour ago, Toth said:

So... in regards to the Turkish invasion into Syria, next week is definitely not going to be fun for me. You see, fucked up German education policies force me to be a politics teacher despite having no didactic training of the subject whatsoever and I'm teaching in a school with extremely high migration background (up to 90% of the students). I already have noticed that several of my students are die-hard Erdogan fans whose parents only consume state media and who get extremely angry when their fellow students dare to disagree that Erdogan is infallible. And that were things I noticed during peace-time.

So now I'm preparing myself to help them analyse the conflict. To question the motives of all parties involved. And I'm obviously very worried that this will backfire and have my students get at each other's throats.

For that matter, to see what exactly Erdogan's propaganda is saying, I downloaded a flyer the Turkish embassy is posting on their homepage and virtually everywhere on Facebook to give their side of the story. It's a .docx-file, not a .pdf. It's just pictures and text fields thrown together and even with the newest Word version available all is a messed up jumble. The computer science teacher in me wonders how you can fight a war when your government officials can't even use Word properly...

Mein Beileid.

As someone who had WW2 history with a bunch of Nazis I can feel your pain.

But back to topic

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/10/16/middleeast/erdogan-ceasefire-turkey-syria-sanctions-intl-hnk/index.html

Erdogan doesn't care about sanctions and the world community oppose him. I have thea gut feeling this will help turkey as much as Maduros fucks about sanctions helped Venezuela.

To my dismay the French politics thread from last year is now archived so I'll post this here.

I'd warned several times that the yellow vests movement could be a mere beginning and that the real fight would come when Macron's neo-liberal government would attempt to "reform" the sate pension system.

We're there now. Calls for a general strike are out for December 5th, some of them for an unlimited strike, especially in transportation. Both the private and public sectors should be involved. Do NOT plan any holidays in France in the near future, this is going to be a big one. Every single time neo-liberal reforms of the pension system have been attempted it has led to millions in the streets.
Of course Macron dreams of being remembered as a brilliant reformer having managed to break the unions... It's what he's been preparing for years now. He's shrewd enough to pull it off, but this will be no small task because half the country has also been preparing for this moment since he was elected...

I hope we kick neo-liberalism so hard in the nuts that Macron feels the taste of his own balls at the back of his mouth.

1 hour ago, Rippounet said:

To my dismay the French politics thread from last year is now archived so I'll post this here.

I'd warned several times that the yellow vests movement could be a mere beginning and that the real fight would come when Macron's neo-liberal government would attempt to "reform" the sate pension system.

We're there now. Calls for a general strike are out for December 5th, some of them for an unlimited strike, especially in transportation. Both the private and public sectors should be involved. Do NOT plan any holidays in France in the near future, this is going to be a big one. Every single time neo-liberal reforms of the pension system have been attempted it has led to millions in the streets.
Of course Macron dreams of being remembered as a brilliant reformer having managed to break the unions... It's what he's been preparing for years now. He's shrewd enough to pull it off, but this will be no small task because half the country has also been preparing for this moment since he was elected...

I hope we kick neo-liberalism so hard in the nuts that Macron feels the taste of his own balls at the back of his mouth.

I remember people being excited about him when it was Macron vs. Le Pen...

Chile is finally waking up, and we've been on the streets for 6 days now. since today the country is in State of Exception, menaing, the military is in the streets fighting against us. Its fuckin incredible to see VERY young people fighting for  justice for everyone. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/19/771545299/chiles-capital-engulfed-in-chaos-as-metro-protests-intensify

On 10/19/2019 at 11:19 PM, Conflicting Thought said:

Chile is finally waking up, and we've been on the streets for 6 days now. since today the country is in State of Exception, menaing, the military is in the streets fighting against us. Its fuckin incredible to see VERY young people fighting for  justice for everyone. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/19/771545299/chiles-capital-engulfed-in-chaos-as-metro-protests-intensify

In the Western Media the topic is like Ecuador sadly more or less ignored

3 hours ago, Conflicting Thought said:

The situation here, in Chile, is brutal. The military have killed over 40 people, they are raping and torturing us, they are spreading chaos buy burning and pillagin (many, many videos of them cought in the act) , but we are strong and we keep fighting, we are not backing down. 

Stay safe, and good luck

Argentina has turned against Macri, with the Fernandez team looking to have won outright in the first round. Depressing stuff, but Macri blew his chances with a botched economy. Things might have gone better for him if he'd taken a larger economic bath from the get-go to tame inflation; instead he went for the halfway-house of moderate consolidation, which led to (another) IMF bailout.

On the bright side, at least Kristina isn't Pres again.

I'm a little surprised at the unrest in Chile. Not at all surprised with Ecuador - Moreno could not have made a less astute choice with the fuel subsidies. 

Archived