Edmure Should Have Got It

11 minutes ago, Aurane said:

It's hard to compare him to Bran, since I have no idea what Bran is or what his goals and values are. He basically got elected because Tyrion thought that magic was pretty neato. Edmure does have certain attributes that would make him a solid choice. What Westeros needs now moreso than ever is stabilization. I think that his family ties to the Starks and Arryns would be a pretty good start. He also admitted smallfolk into Riverrun which is pretty good. Edmure isn't gifted, though. My main issue is his lack of willingness to follow orders, which may be amplified with becoming king. I think that his heart is in the right place, but he would just need a strong Small Council to help him.

Eh, Bran's role is to sit there looking dopey and talk nonsense. Which is quite ideal if you are looking to install a puppet king and do what you want, now that I think about it. Basically, Bran is a figurehead, and you will have seven kingdoms as de facto independent states since King's Landing under Bran's rule will hold no power. </sarcasm> OTOH, is he plays it right, his know-it-all power could also mean that he will be extraordinarily strong ruler.

2 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

Edmure knew Tywin was trying to go Westerlands, and not trying to attack the Riverlands or trying to siege Riverrun.

Robb told him to hold Riverrun only.

Edmure calls his banners and attacks Tywin who was just trying to go Westerlands.

This is clearly an idiotic argument, I mean defending that idiot Edmure. :D

Remember what I said about castle being a base of operations? Holding the castle does not mean just sitting inside it. That being said, if Edmure really was aware that Tywin was merely trying to cross back to Westerlands (as in, away from fighting), then yes, his actions were idiotic.

35 minutes ago, Aldarion said:

Eh, Bran's role is to sit there looking dopey and talk nonsense. Which is quite ideal if you are looking to install a puppet king and do what you want, now that I think about it. Basically, Bran is a figurehead, and you will have seven kingdoms as de facto independent states since King's Landing under Bran's rule will hold no power. </sarcasm> OTOH, is he plays it right, his know-it-all power could also mean that he will be extraordinarily strong ruler.

Westeros would probably be better off if Bran was just a puppet. The pairing of his powers and him being 'beyond humanity' is a pretty uneasy mix. Westeros could easily spiral into a surveillance state, with Bran valuing the protection of life far more than personal freedoms. 

5 hours ago, Kajjo said:

I enjoyed it so much. After all, someone telling this joke of man to shut up and sit down. And that with these few words. 

He made himself ridiculous and she stopped it. 

What made me laugh was that some of the other characters were trying to hide their smiles. They also seemed to be like 'wtf Edmure who even are you".

13 hours ago, Aurane said:

Westeros would probably be better off if Bran was just a puppet. The pairing of his powers and him being 'beyond humanity' is a pretty uneasy mix. Westeros could easily spiral into a surveillance state, with Bran valuing the protection of life far more than personal freedoms. 

That, I think, is the most likely outcome. Maybe we could get a sequel series of people trying to unseat Bran?

Archived