Rothfuss XV: Move along, nothing to see here

Kyll.Ing.

It is odd to see him take pot shots at others when he’s so thin skinned himself. 

EDIT: That being said, I’m awfully suspicious of the story about him taking shots at Martin during a WMF reading. He did that all the time after book 1, but by the time book 2 rolled around he had been humbled about writing time and had offered numerous apologies for his broken promises. 

Not really Literature based, but Lin-Manuel Miranda did a AMA on Reddit today for His Dark Materials. Someone asked him about Kingkiller Chronicles show.

The honest answer? We haven't cracked it. As YOU know, it's an incredibly rich story and complex world. When we crack it, there'll be news. But not before it's absolutely right. Working with Pat has been a total joy.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:51 AM, Ninefingers said:

EDIT: That being said, I’m awfully suspicious of the story about him taking shots at Martin during a WMF reading.

Maybe that was another reason he didn't want people recording?  He didn't sound malicious or snotty when he made the reference, I think he was just going for a laugh with the overflow crowd at the reading.  In hindsight I wish I'd just left the camera rolling and set it down to at least get sound. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, finally an explanation for why Elodin was more accomplished and naturally gifted at an even younger age than Kvothe.  I knew it couldn’t be because he was better than Kvothe.  This is Kvothe we’re talking about!

2 hours ago, sologdin said:

is that a big deal, what he said? because i can't recall enough about the series to know if it is or not. 

I'd say that people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is because they're starved for fresh content. 

That one of the most notable magic users in the series comes from a magical background is new news, but hardly an earth shattering revelation. 

It's funny, I keep telling myself I don't care anymore and forget all about these books for a long stretch of time but whenever I see this thread has been bumped I feel a faint glimmer of my former hopes and dreams bubble to the surface before being once again struck down. 

Sigh. Maybe one day :P 

My anticipation for the book has been so thoroughly destroyed that whenever I see this thread bumped I wonder how Rothfuss has put his foot into his mouth again. I'll read it when it comes out but I just don't expect it to come out anymore. Its the same for Winds of Winter. I'll start anticipating that the book will be released once the other has. At this point I'm betting on Winds coming first though.

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of author would let that kind of detail slip if they were actively writing the series?

Sort of feels like he doesn't mind sharing spoilers and backstory like that anymore because the project is emotionally done and abandoned and he can talk about it openly now.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:21 AM, Proudfeet said:

My anticipation for the book has been so thoroughly destroyed that whenever I see this thread bumped I wonder how Rothfuss has put his foot into his mouth again. I'll read it when it comes out but I just don't expect it to come out anymore. Its the same for Winds of Winter. I'll start anticipating that the book will be released once the other has. At this point I'm betting on Winds coming first though.

Would the thread title for discussing which will be more disappointing, 'Winds of Winter' or 'Doors of Stone' be better called 'Chinese Democracy' or 'Second Coming'? 

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2019 at 11:23 AM, brunhilda said:

What kind of author would let that kind of detail slip if they were actively writing the series?

Sort of feels like he doesn't mind sharing spoilers and backstory like that anymore because the project is emotionally done and abandoned and he can talk about it openly now.

I don't think Elodin's heritage/ethnicity is necessarily something that will come up in the KKC.  That sounds more like a detail for stories set in Temerant.  

Does anyone know anything about publication/status? The Lin-Manuel update sounds like Hollywood speak for launchpad fail. 

On 12/30/2019 at 2:07 AM, Vaughn said:

Would the thread title for discussing which will be more disappointing, 'Winds of Winter' or 'Doors of Stone' be better called 'Chinese Democracy' or 'Second Coming'? 

Heh. But Chinese Democracy was actually released! 

Archived