Rothfuss XV: Move along, nothing to see here

Kyll.Ing.

9 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Since I will be finishing WMF in the next few days, is there a good link to some of these discussions or such?  I don't know that I want to try to slog through fifteen versions of this thread... :lol:

No limpers on the Slog!

38 minutes ago, unJon said:

No limpers on the Slog!

To the coffers boys!!!!!  A real chopper!!!!

(That's what the lengthy scene in the Eld I just finished was missing... Sarl and the Skin Eaters!)

On 3/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, Gaston de Foix said:

To be fair to the fans, we have to discount the pages that are devoted to the frame story.  i haven't done the calculation and I'm sure the math still doesn't work but it's not fair to say that the length of the two books has to align with the narrated length of 2 or 3 days. 

Also, to be honest, it's a feature not a bug for me that the meta-narrator is unreliable.  But PR fans are some of the most intelligently obsessive I have come across.  When WMF came out Thistlepong, Teaspoon and others unravelled the many mysteries, secrets and easter eggs in the books on an eariler iteration of this thread.  Few books so closely resemble icebergs. 

The framing story is what, 5% of the total length of the series to date? At best?

Yeah, now THERE is an author with the craziest fans.

A reasonable statement, although Bakker at least finished* his series in a reasonable** timeframe and didn't fly off the handle every time someone asked him what was going on with the series.

* (ish)

** (even more ish)

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

The framing story is what, 5% of the total length of the series to date? At best?

A reasonable statement, although Bakker at least finished* his series in a reasonable** timeframe and didn't fly off the handle every time someone asked him what was going on with the series.

* (ish)

** (even more ish)

Yeah well, I'm not talking about the author. :P Not that  Bakker isn't a little off, but the um, more active of his fan community are fucking insane.

I was flipping through the first book today and realized I want a side book about that Ruh character who goes out and finds rare books and artifacts for Lorren, like an Indiana Jones type character set in this world. 

Poor Kvothe - he never found his version of Jean Tannen. Sometimes a polymath orphan smart guy who thinks he's cleverer than everyone else needs a beefy friend to take him down a notch when needed. 

On 3/3/2020 at 5:19 PM, Gaston de Foix said:

Finished the book last night and I'm up to about the fourth entry into the reread.  Some of the stuff in there is really interesting, other stuff I'm looking at askance with all the acceptance of some of the outlandish theories that I saw on Wheel of Time sites a couple decades ago.  :lol:

16 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Finished the book last night and I'm up to about the fourth entry into the reread.  Some of the stuff in there is really interesting, other stuff I'm looking at askance with all the acceptance of some of the outlandish theories that I saw on Wheel of Time sites a couple decades ago.  :lol:

Saw “finished the book last night” and briefly got excited.  :(

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Saw “finished the book last night” and briefly got excited.  :(

The current Lynch debacle should have taught you otherwise... <_<

24 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I dunno I'd say it's quite a debacle yet.

Announced it was done... had a publishing date... disappeared from online listings for the publisher...

If its not quite to a debacle yet, its getting close in my book.

46 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I don't think the publishing date was ever official? Either way that's nothing compared to some of the shenanigans of certain other unnamed authors.

Believe @Jussi had sources that it was slated for September of this year.

Either way, not worth going round and round about.  Lynch and Rothfuss are both in the category of authors I will enjoy immensely when they have a book on the shelf for me, but I will waste no time trying to find out when that may be.

Archived