Scott Lynch's Thorn of Emberlain is Not Completed

Jerol

The old thread is closed so I'll start this one. Per Scott's Twitter account:

IMPORTANT NOTE. Please read. *Ahem.* Yes, I have completed a draft of THORN which will now go to my editors for consideration and planning. This is not a formal announcement of a release date. There will not be such an announcement for a while yet. Please stay tuned!

Edited by Werthead

16 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

Ball's in your court George and Pat. 

Scott's last book was released in Oct. '13, George's was July '11 and Pat's was Mar. '11.  So while they're playing the same sport, they're definitely not in the same league.

That's cool. Not sure if I'll be reading it, though. It's been so long and I don't feel like re-reading...maybe someday if the series is finished! 

This isn't a dig on Scott, just a fact of life that long waits for books makes me lose enthusiasm for series.

I'll definitely will be reading as soon as it comes out. Probably I'll reread the Republic of Thieves just before release, but I don't think it's necessary. I seem to recall that The Gentleman Bastard's books are more self-contained than most, and this one won't include flashbacks. It will start with Locke and Jean just moving to a new setting.

With Abercrombie's A Little Hatred coming out in September, Lynch's Thorn of Emberlain around Christmas, and (one can hope) Martin's Winds of Winter not much later, it seems that the coming months will be busy ones! :D

14 hours ago, Starkess said:

That's cool. Not sure if I'll be reading it, though. It's been so long and I don't feel like re-reading...maybe someday if the series is finished! 

This isn't a dig on Scott, just a fact of life that long waits for books makes me lose enthusiasm for series.

I still haven't read book three...

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I still haven't read book three...

It was my least favourite. Lies of Locke Lamora was easily his best so far, because I loved the capers and seeing the whole gang together. Obviously that couldn't happen in subsequent novels. Still looking forward to reading Thorn though :)

5 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Great news! Hopefully it will be a return to form for Lynch, because the third volume wasn't that good.

And to think that Scott's book deal with Gollancz stated that a novel was supposed to be released every 9 months or so! :eek:

I liked it.