Scott Lynch's Thorn of Emberlain is Not Completed

Jerol

For the first time in three years, Scott made a Tumblr post. For him, that's a tremendous surge in activity. With Twitter in a freefall, he's apparently renewing his other "online contact points". Can't say I blame him. 

https://www.tumblr.com/scottlynch78

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

https://scottlynch.substack.com/p/the-post-of-christmas-future

Scott Lynch has posted an excerpt from his Lies of Locke Lamora novella, some thoughts on Twitter, and other cool stuff. Also a reaction to the cat pic.

It was lovely reading Locke and Jean again.  :) 

• 1 month later...

Okay.  I’m in a re-read of RoT.  If Patience’s claim about Locke is true… is Locke really this other person?  Locke lacks his power.  Locke lacks his knowledge.  Locke lacks his memories.  How can Locke be anyone but himself regardless of how he came to be?

Discuss.

2 hours ago, 3CityApache said:

Again, like so many times before, I lurked in here with fluttering heart hoping there is some genuine news about the book, only to learn about Frey Bentos. What the hell is Frey Bentos?

It's a popular UK brand of cooked pies.

• 2 months later...

Doing my yearly re-listen to LOLL.  It is heartbreaking to read Locke’s confidence… his pride… his certainty… his arrogance at the GB’s skill.  Lynch does such an amazing job of building up the reader’s trust in the GB’s skill and cleverness then pulls that confidence out from under the reader in the worst way possible.  It’s part of what makes this book so amazing.  I’ve read it plenty of times yet each time, knowing what’s coming, I’m screaming at them to run.  Locke’s arrogance (necessary for his trade) is so terrible when it comes down on his friends.

Spoiler

I’m really worried we’re going to lose Jean in the next book…

I don’t see any news about ToE but I keep hoping.  :) 

• 8 months later...

A new trade paperback edition of The Lies of Locke Lamora will be published by Del Rey in August.

https://www.amazon.com/Lies-Locke-Lamora-Gentleman-Bastards/dp/0593725425/

This U.S. edition has a brand new cover art.

"Key selling points" from the Edelweiss catalog:

• A BELOVED CLASSIC—NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TRADE PAPERBACK: The Lies of Locke Lamora mass market edition was originally published in June 2006. The trade paperback will be published in Summer 2024 with a beautiful new cover.
  • TROPES: Oceans Eleven x Fantasy; Heists; Found Family of Criminals; Sweet Revenge
  • OVER HALF A MILLION COPIES SOLD
  • APPEARS ON MULTIPLE TOP-TEN LISTS FOR THE BEST HEIST NOVEL EVER, alongside mainstream novels.
  • MASS MARKET POWERHOUSE IN ITS 38TH PRINTING—a book that just continues to sell and sell.
  • SCOTT LYNCH'S DEBUT SERIES IS “Remarkable . . . Scott Lynch’s first novel, The Lies of Locke Lamora, exports the suspense and wit of a cleverly constructed crime caper into an exotic realm of fantasy, and the result is engagingly entertaining.”—The Times (London)