Nativity

darmody

4 hours ago, Kaapstad said:

I personally thought it’s possible they sent her away to give Jon an even bitter ending. He asks her whether she would visit him. If she could, then he stays at Castle Black but because they had to separate him, they sent her away in the middle of nowhere. At no point in the show, did I get any hint that Arya loves sailing. 

The issue is it isn’t clear whether she even returns or not or does she get killed. If she retires to Winterfell after a couple of decades I can see her settling down with Gendry. 

Don't you think gendry would be married by then? He needs heirs too.

6 minutes ago, Gendry looks good in black said:

Gendry becoming a lord was bullshit anyway. Boy can't even read. They just combined his story with Edric Storm. I can't see Gendry even stomaching the idea of banging Sansa. 

As unlikely as I think it would be for Sansa to marry gendry, what would gendry have against Sansa?

13 hours ago, Deminelle said:

Jon was sentenced to never have a wife or reproduce himself.

Sansa might settle for Gendry, she was already supposed to marry Baratheons.

Sansa needs a bastard or a man willing to take her name. The Mormont women seem to give their kids the mormont name. Or a kid from one of her siblings. Let’s say Jon stays. We know Sam broke his vows. He has a son he is passing as his own and another on the way. 

Jon could end up with a kid like Sam did. 

11 minutes ago, Gendry looks good in black said:

Gendry becoming a lord was bullshit anyway. Boy can't even read. They just combined his story with Edric Storm. I can't see Gendry even stomaching the idea of banging Sansa. 

I doubt his lack of reading skills matter. That’s what the maesters are for. In medieval times few lords could read.

21 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

As unlikely as I think it would be for Sansa to marry gendry, what would gendry have against Sansa?

Arya, for one.

For another, she's his cousin's cousin. 

So double the yuck factor for half the fun. Thanks but no thanks, quoth the Smith.

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Arya, for one.

For another, she's his cousin's cousin. 

So double the yuck factor for half the fun. Thanks but no thanks, quoth the Smith.

Arya chose to not be with gendry. How does that translate to gendry having anything against Sansa?

Also, remind me how Gendry and Sansa (hence gendry and arya) are related.

Just now, Apoplexy said:

Arya chose to not be with gendry. How does that translate to gendry having anything against Sansa?

Also, remind me how Gendry and Sansa (hence gendry and arya) are related.

Marrying the sister of the girl who turned you down means you have be reminded of that forever. That's got to be horrible for him.

Sansa and Jon are cousins because both are descended from Rickard Stark. Jon and Gendry are cousins because both are descended from Aegon V. Therefore Sansa is Gendry's cousin's cousin and Gendry is Sansa's cousin's cousin.

13 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Marrying the sister of the girl who turned you down means you have be reminded of that forever. That's got to be horrible for him.

That's one way to look at things. Another would be to be an adult and get over a rejection, let bygones be bygones and move on, and look at Sansa as individual and not just Arya's sister.

13 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Sansa and Jon are cousins because both are descended from Rickard Stark. Jon and Gendry are cousins because both are descended from Aegon V. Therefore Sansa is Gendry's cousin's cousin and Gendry is Sansa's cousin's cousin.

So Sansa (and arya) does not possess any common genes with gendry till at least Aegon V, correct? where does the ick factor come in?

40 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Sansa needs a bastard or a man willing to take her name. The Mormont women seem to give their kids the mormont name. Or a kid from one of her siblings. Let’s say Jon stays. We know Sam broke his vows. He has a son he is passing as his own and another on the way. 

Jon could end up with a kid like Sam did. 

Jons kid would be a targ tho. 

18 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

That's one way to look at things. Another would be to be an adult and get over a rejection, let bygones be bygones and move on, and look at Sansa as individual and not just Arya's sister.

So Sansa (and arya) does not possess any common genes with gendry till at least Aegon V, correct? where does the ick factor come in?

I didn't say that Sansa and Gendry shared any genes; they don’t.

I said that they were both each other's cousin's cousin. Sansa and Jon share genes, and Jon and Gendry share genes, but it’s not transitive genetically.

It’s still extended family. So ick.

1 hour ago, Nevis said:

I doubt his lack of reading skills matter. That’s what the maesters are for. In medieval times few lords could read.

It's more about what a poor decision it was by D&D to combine Gendry and Edric's stories. They just made him lord cause he was the last Baratheon. It's also completely out of character for Gendry to want to be a lord.

6 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I didn't say that Sansa and Gendry shared any genes; they don’t.

I said that they were both each other's cousin's cousin. Sansa and Jon share genes, and Jon and Gendry share genes, but it’s not transitive genetically.

It’s still extended family. So ick.

This is GoT where targs marry siblings. Ick apparently doesn't exist in this universe :)

Out of curiosity, don't you think gendry arya would be icky too then?

7 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Sansa needs a bastard or a man willing to take her name. The Mormont women seem to give their kids the mormont name. 

Well precisely.

All the talk about Gendry ignores the fact that his children are going to be Baretheons. When I was talking of Arya staying I meant as Sansa appointing her as lady of one of the many now vacant castles in the north and then Arya marrying someone who would take her name. I was talking therefore of the duty that comes with being part of a great house, not her romantic interests. 

4 minutes ago, JagLover said:

Well precisely.

All the talk about Gendry ignores the fact that his children are going to be Baretheons. When I was talking of Arya staying I meant as Sansa appointing her as lady of one of the many now vacant castles in the north and then Arya marrying someone who would take her name. I was talking therefore of the duty that comes with being part of a great house, not her romantic interests. 

If they have more than one child, one of them could inherit WF and the other Storms end. It would be complicated and messy, but it could be managed.

Archived