Tyrion and Sansa...

hallam

3 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Yara is still team Dany. She would be keeping tabs. 

I think they just had to have Yara be a voice of dissent - logic be damned. She's representing a queen that is dead, and she has no clue what Dany was even doing. Dany left her to rot as Euron's prisoner too - this is how Dany treats her allies. Yara didn't even care that Theon had died (we got no reaction from her). A complete rewrite of a character. 

2 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Yara is still team Dany. She would be keeping tabs. 

The North is an independent kingdom and Sansa can pardon Jon. Yara doesn’t have the faintest inkling what goes on up there in the North. And the Unsullied have all sailed away. Even assuming they survive, you think they are going up all that way to punish Jon because he entered an independent kingdom? Besides all they have to do is tell Yara his identity and she would shut up. 

29 minutes ago, Kaapstad said:

Books say no outsider can survive on Naath. Missandei forgets to tell Grey Worm that. Grey Worm is going to Naath so...

But in the show Missandei says Naath will welcome them?

1 hour ago, Deminelle said:

But in the show Missandei says Naath will welcome them?

Probably she forgot about the disease. The books make it as clear as day. 

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Butterfly_fever

The so-called butterfly fever is a disease native to the isle of Naath. It is believed to be transmitted by the local butterflies, particularly a large black-and-white variety with wings as big as a man's hand, according to Archmaester Ebrose. Even though the Naathi themselves are immune to this sickness, all outsiders who remain too long on Naath fall prey to it.[1]

The threat of Yara to Jon Snow is virtually none.  The Iron Born were probably never well received by the mainlands that they raided anyways.  The Iron Born's assault on Winterfell and taking of it did not sit well with the North to begin with.   Even Ramsey Bolton had no problem getting enough backing to easily overwhelm and take it.  What are they going to do - attack the Nights Watch (and castle black is not on the sea - Eastwatch is) or the wildings wherever Jon decides to be at the moment?  That's assuming they can even figure out where Jon is at any given time.  Pretty easy to lose track of someone in Westeros.  Even the Lannisters were not able to hunt down Sansa or Arya and they were pretty powerful at the time.  

Since the showrunners love Tyrion so much, I half-expected him to end up re-married to Sansa at the end as a "reward" for his awesomeness. Thank God they didn't reach for that fruit.

I assume Sansa will get married and have children in order to secure the succession, but I think it will probably be to a northerner, as a way of solidifying herself as a northern queen, through and through. Assuming she has more than one child, though, I'm guessing she'll probably try to create alliances with the Six Kingdoms and the Iron Islands by means of betrothal.

On a side note, I do wonder if there were ever plans to have Sansa give birth to Ramsay's child, which was scrapped after receiving such a negative reception from viewers. That seems to have been the case with Jon and Dany--all that foreshadowing about her conceiving a child in season seven, only for it to be abandoned (presumably to make Jon killing Daenerys more sympathetic)--so I'm curious if that was ever in the cards.

22 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Since the showrunners love Tyrion so much, I half-expected him to end up re-married to Sansa at the end as a "reward" for his awesomeness. Thank God they didn't reach for that fruit.

I assume Sansa will get married and have children in order to secure the succession, but I think it will probably be to a northerner, as a way of solidifying herself as a northern queen, through and through. Assuming she has more than one child, though, I'm guessing she'll probably try to create alliances with the Six Kingdoms and the Iron Islands by means of betrothal.

On a side note, I do wonder if there were ever plans to have Sansa give birth to Ramsay's child, which was scrapped after receiving such a negative reception from viewers. That seems to have been the case with Jon and Dany--all that foreshadowing about her conceiving a child in season seven, only for it to be abandoned (presumably to make Jon killing Daenerys more sympathetic)--so I'm curious if that was ever in the cards.

Is Sansa capable of an heir though? Ramsay brutalised her inside as she claims and he raped her every night but she didn’t get pregnant. 

That (virtually) every male in the north was not sterile through a series of STDs is somewhat surprising.  The diseases that had to pass through brothels had to be prolific.  Perhaps the importance of exercising restraint was not lost on Ned and was past on to Robb and his brothers.  

On 5/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, Zumbs said:

If Sansa marries, it is quite likely that her husband will expect to become king and ruler of the North, and she will have to take his name, effectively killing House Stark.

Then he is a fool. She will never surrender her heritage. House Stark will make it through, one way or the other. They always have, for eight thousand years, no matter what.

It would simple be a morganatic marriage in reverse. When someone of high birth marries someone of lower station, the latter does not suddenly gain all that the higher one holds.

You can see that in how Cersei was forever Cersei Lannister, never Cersei Baratheon, nor was Elia ever Elia Targaryen, only Elia Martell. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2019 at 11:08 AM, Angel Eyes said:

Until she dies and a succession crisis breaks out.

Good point. Moreover, even if she married, she would still be in control as Queen Regnant, so she has to get a suitable marriage alliance ASAP or it's over. My money is on a Manderly, what do you think?

On 5/25/2019 at 10:48 PM, RFL said:

That (virtually) every male in the north was not sterile through a series of STDs is somewhat surprising.  The diseases that had to pass through brothels had to be prolific.  Perhaps the importance of exercising restraint was not lost on Ned and was past on to Robb and his brothers.  

Well, if they had Moon tea (basically a risk free contraception), maybe the maesters or wood witches god a solution to the STD problem too?

Archived