Tyrion and Sansa...

hallam

On 5/24/2019 at 8:11 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

I think they just had to have Yara be a voice of dissent - logic be damned. She's representing a queen that is dead, and she has no clue what Dany was even doing. Dany left her to rot as Euron's prisoner too - this is how Dany treats her allies. Yara didn't even care that Theon had died (we got no reaction from her). A complete rewrite of a character. 

Give me a break with the Dany hate. She and Yara agreed that Yara would not participate in her campaign against Cersei but that Yara was free to try to consolidate the Iron Islands. That was a pretty generous move from a pretender in Daenerys' situation. What was she supposed to do, ask the NK and Cersei to wait while she (somehow) removed her force to deal with Yara's local issue?

I know you were mostly talking about something else, but still you managed to insert this illogical, unreasonable attack on Daenerys. It makes no sense at all, none.

2 minutes ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

Give me a break with the Dany hate. She and Yara agreed that Yara would not participate in her campaign against Cersei but that Yara was free to try to consolidate the Iron Islands. That was a pretty generous move from a pretender in Daenerys' situation. What was she supposed to do, ask the NK and Cersei to wait while she (somehow) removed her force to deal with Yara's local issue?

I know you were mostly talking about something else, but still you managed to insert this illogical, unreasonable attack on Daenerys. It makes no sense at all, none.

Well, she does go on a dangerous mission to rescue Jon Snow, who isn't even her ally at this point, but shows no concern that Yara and Ellaria are rotting in a cell. Then she burns the Tarlys who she could have used for prisoner exchange. I think that's a cascade of dumb moves or at least lack of concern for the people who risked their lives to blockade King's Landing for her cause. I dont think that's "illogical Dany hate" but then again...its hard to tell what is illogical and what is D&D writing. 

8 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I dont think that's "illogical Dany hate" but then again...its hard to tell what is illogical and what is D&D writing.

It's not illogical as that was the story in S7. They had Theon freaking come to Dragonstone to ask Dany for help with a captured Yara. And we saw him leave empty handed. I think like all things this was an accident because D&D are that dumb. But I thought 'gee Dany doesn't care much for allies unless she really, really wants to bone them, does she?'. It's not illogical or irrational Dany hate when that's something that actually happened, whether accidental due to crappy writing or not.

Archived