Castrating Jon (Literally)

bdp612

Man did Jon get off light. But what punishment could the Unsullied have given Jon that was fitting? Castration.

1. It hurts.
2. It hurts psychologically too.
3. The Unsullied can be like, "yeah, that's right, see what it's like?"

[/fake reasons]

4. Jon forever shares the same fate as the Unsullied.
5. It's brutal, unexpected, and unfair, which reminds us of when Game of Thrones was good.

6. There's a somewhat interesting parallel with Theon. You can lose the bits whether you're honorable or not.
7. Jon can never have offspring, which decreases the chance that he would come back south and try to be a traditional king, and makes it more realistic that Greyworm would agree to the whole thing and retire to Naath.
8. Unable to have offspring, Jon becomes the last member of the Targaryen line, which is poetic.

You could even throw a thing in there where Jon has to keep it a secret so that the Northmen don't start a war over it. Aww Jon...so honorable.

* End Rant *

Worst first post ever? How could The Great Westerosi Limited Democracy Forum have played out in a more realistic way?

13 minutes ago, bdp612 said:

Man did Jon get off light. But what punishment could the Unsullied have given Jon that was fitting? Castration.

That's the whole point. Bran and Tyrion knew they were letting him off light and wanted it like that. The Unsullied had no choice once they took him prisoner instead of killing him as there was an army waiting to stop Jon being killed.

15 minutes ago, bdp612 said:

How could The Great Westerosi Limited Democracy Forum have played out in a more realistic way?

It was realistic in that it's not a democracy, its an elective monarchy and the most powerful lords got a vote. Who knows why Davos, Sam, Brienne and Arya got a vote though.

2 hours ago, KingMudd said:

It was realistic in that it's not a democracy, its an elective monarchy and the most powerful lords got a vote. Who knows why Davos, Sam, Brienne and Arya got a vote though.

Brienne is from one of the great houses and presumably now the head, Sam represents the Maesters (blanking on the name of their institution), but Davos and Arya??????

3 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Brienne is from one of the great houses and presumably now the head, Sam represents the Maesters (blanking on the name of their institution), but Davos and Arya??????

Tarth isn't one of the great houses and Sam was just a new maester that broke his oaths and stole from them. Surely the arch maester would be the one that goes and votes.

1 hour ago, SansaJonRule said:

Arya is the slayer of the Night King and thus the first blade of Westeros.

I am pretty sure Book Arya is the Night King Killer as well because Arya is essentially a younger Lyanna.

34 minutes ago, hallam said:

I am pretty sure Book Arya is the Night King Killer as well because Arya is essentially a younger Lyanna.

Yes, she certainly has a lot of Lyanna's personality as I remember it. But I'm confused, how is that relevant to Arya killing the NK?

I think that the punishment Jon got was more or less perfect. He isn't executed but he doesn't go unpunished either. The problem is that Jon getting to the Wall / beyond the Wall is more or less a reward for him, not punishment. I wonder if those who suggested sending Jon to the Wall knew this but presented it as a harsh punishement to GW so that he would agree.

Archived