Stannis Eats No Peaches

UK Politics: The End of May

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

Off you fuck you miserable old cunt. Honestly, her and Thatcher have set women back 100 years. 

Don't worry, I'm sure that Boris will set men back by 200 years (being generous). 

Posted (edited)

So does this mean she beats Gordon Brown's tenure? If so then at least thats something to cling onto. 

... if there is one thing she is good at... its clinging on.

Edited by Heartofice

Is there any chance a normal person wins the leadership vote? Who is the least biggest fucktard with a reasonable chance?  

Watching her breakdown at the end of that speech I almost felt sympathy for her there.. its going to take a lot. 

16 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Is there any chance a normal person wins the leadership vote? Who is the least biggest fucktard with a reasonable chance?  

This is kinda why I wanted her to stay.  I think there is a greater chance of leaving with a deal or not leaving if she was still in charge than if the Tories are lead by any of the ERG.

I'm still giving my local twat John Barron as a likely replacement if they end up with a less known nobb.

If The Brexit Party storm the Euro elections then it will be a brave Tory to install anyone other than a staunch Brexiteer.

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

If The Brexit Party storm the Euro elections then it will be a brave Tory to install anyone other than a staunch Brexiteer.

Brave Tory :lol:

33 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Watching her breakdown at the end of that speech I almost felt sympathy for her there.. its going to take a lot. 

Fuck her. She is an evil witch who did terrible things to this country. I hope her tits fall off.

30 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Fuck her. She is an evil witch who did terrible things to this country. I hope her tits fall off.

Glad we are all trying to get away from the politics of hate.. 

4 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Glad we are all trying to get away from the politics of hate.. 

She deserves every bit of scorn and vitriol that is sent her way. An absolute disaster of a human being.

Although, however terrible she was (and she really, really was - almost certainly most incompetent PM of British history) At least her incompetence kept the rabid wing of her own party marginally in check, then next PM is more likely to enable them, and I don't see them calling a GE until after Halloween - slide out of the EU, blame everyone else for their own obstructionism, sell the country to Trump, and then sit back with a vastly inflated bank account and snipe from the sidelines.

A GE before halloween risks being kicked out of office almost immediately, and handing the deciding votes to remainers who will insist on applying democracy, and actually asking people what they want rather than just telling them.

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

She deserves every bit of scorn and vitriol that is sent her way. An absolute disaster of a human being.

I think she's done a pretty awful job and seems to have been absolutely the wrong person for the job. 

Part of me does pity her however. She took on maybe the most difficult job going, trying to deliver Brexit at a time where the country is utterly split. She's made mistake after mistake but at the same time it was never ever going to be easy for her. 

I do believe she thought she was doing the right thing at all stages (she was wrong). Treating her like the devil incarnate is probably unfair. She will probably spend the rest of her life in hiding due to the level of ridicule and scorn she will endure from everyone she sees. 

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Worryingly, this might be Michael Gove

As much as I loathe Theresa May and in particular the awful, dishonest rhetoric she's been spewing throughout Brexit, I don't think of her as being specifically responsible for where we are as a nation right now. In reality, it could be a lot worse - we could have crashed out on March 29th. Theresa May isn't so much the captain steering us into the reef as she is the ship's monkey going nuts in the crow's nest. I don't want to labour the metaphor, but there's not a lot you can reasonably expect from a monkey in that scenario. The captain already jumped ship.

It's even harder to see this as a victory given the dubious array of wankers looking to take her place. 

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Off you fuck you miserable old cunt. Honestly, her and Thatcher have set women back 100 years. 

I really disagree with this, even as a joke. I think there are people who will be less likely to vote for a female PM after Thatcher/May, but those people should be held accountable for their sexism. On the whole, the election of May was a good thing for women's rights, even if the key takeaway is that female politicians are just as terrible as male ones. 

13 minutes ago, Leap said:

I really disagree with this, even as a joke. I think there are people who will be less likely to vote for a female PM after Thatcher/May, but those people should be held accountable for their sexism. On the whole, the election of May was a good thing for women's rights, even if the key takeaway is that female politicians are just as terrible as male ones. 

Well at least anyone living under the assumption that having a woman in charge of things will make any material difference simply due to their gender will get a reality check.