Jump to content
Deminelle

If there was season 9...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

How would it start?

Edited by Deminelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You follow Drogon, carrying Daenery's body to  the ruins of Valyria. He lands where Quaithe is waiting. Quaithe performs a ritual and Daenerys gasps back to life.

Then a small council meeting where it is reported that Dorne has once again demanded their independence, also it appears the Crown's finances are a mess with Bronn being completely incompetent as Master of Coin and as a result more and more complaints are arriving from across the 6 Kingdoms.

Then cut to Winterfell and Sansa receiving reports that the raiders have again raided the western coast and there are many murmuring that this wouldn't be happening if Jon Snow was still ruling in the North.

Then cut to the Wall, where Castle Black is minimally staffed. Jon Snow going through correspondence, before he's interrupted by a knock, the door opens and a beautiful woman of the Free Folk, her stomach slightly swollen in pregnancy, and Ghost at her heels. She informs Jon that Tormund has arrived with some news from the True North. Jon smiles, puts away his correspondence gives the woman a kiss before escorting her out, Ghost trailing behind.

Then a slow pan from the Wall deep into the Lands of Always Winter where the Night King turned Craster's Son. Within the stones a White Walker, the size of a 5 or 6 year old sits on the alter deep in concentration, his eyes open and he smiles.

Then the scene cuts to Bran sitting in his chair in King's Landing, his eyes white before they return and his smile matches that of the White Walker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wvchemteach said:

You follow Drogon, carrying Daenery's body to  the ruins of Valyria. He lands where Quaithe is waiting. Quaithe performs a ritual and Daenerys gasps back to life.

Then a small council meeting where it is reported that Dorne has once again demanded their independence, also it appears the Crown's finances are a mess with Bronn being completely incompetent as Master of Coin and as a result more and more complaints are arriving from across the 6 Kingdoms.

Then cut to Winterfell and Sansa receiving reports that the raiders have again raided the western coast and there are many murmuring that this wouldn't be happening if Jon Snow was still ruling in the North.

Then cut to the Wall, where Castle Black is minimally staffed. Jon Snow going through correspondence, before he's interrupted by a knock, the door opens and a beautiful woman of the Free Folk, her stomach slightly swollen in pregnancy, and Ghost at her heels. She informs Jon that Tormund has arrived with some news from the True North. Jon smiles, puts away his correspondence gives the woman a kiss before escorting her out, Ghost trailing behind.

Then a slow pan from the Wall deep into the Lands of Always Winter where the Night King turned Craster's Son. Within the stones a White Walker, the size of a 5 or 6 year old sits on the alter deep in concentration, his eyes open and he smiles.

Then the scene cuts to Bran sitting in his chair in King's Landing, his eyes white before they return and his smile matches that of the White Walker.

Wouldn't raiders getting through be Jon's fault he is tasked with preventing raids. Or it is just because the wildings dont care about Sansa's rule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Wouldn't raiders getting through be Jon's fault he is tasked with preventing raids. Or it is just because the wildings dont care about Sansa's rule. 

Western Coast... these are Ironborn raiders, not Wildlings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, wvchemteach said:

Western Coast... these are Ironborn raiders, not Wildlings.

OHHH so that is on Sansa. Jon is maintaining the peace between the North and the Wildlings. That would be good. I like Jon breaking the sex rule like Sam. 

Edited by King Jon Snow Stark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was a season 9, then season 8 should have ended with the battle again the NK and then season 9 should have been about defeating Cersei, Dany becoming mad queen and what's up next.

But given the state of story right now, my idea about S9 is this (I think about it as I write it so no well-thought-through stories) :

- after the North becomes independent, The Vale, The Iron Islands and Dorne try to become independent too.

- Sansa struggles to keep her position and power while she needs to marry someone and have children.

- Jon and Tormund go far far far into the lands beyond the Wall where people never set foot in. They discover some kind of Pandora box which turns them into White Walkers and Jon is the next NK. We find out that the NK is not really evil and that in fact 3EC is evil and the NK wants to stop him.

 

- Bran is the king and it turns out it's not all bed of roses as we thought. He uses his knowledge of everything that has ever happened to manipulate and control people to keep his kingdom together. Nobles start to plot against him but all their coup d'états fail because Bran sees it. Tyrion is killed during the process. Bran wargs into Drogon and brings the dragon back to Westeros and rules by fear.

- Arya fails to find a land west of Westeros and she returns back. When she finds out what happened with Bran, she tries to kill him but Bran wargs into her and kills her.

- Jon and Tormund march south again and form a big army of WW. Tormund kills Drogon by an ice spear. The WW later perform a kind of ritual and bring winter to King's Landing and trap Bran in a big block of ice and thus kill him. Then the winter is gone (a dream of spring, wink wink), Jon and Tormund form an alliance with people and return to beyond the Wall.

- in the end all the kindgoms get independent and they form a EU-like alliance but there isn't a king that rules them all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

in the end all the kindgoms get independent and they form a EU-like alliance but there isn't a king that rules them all.

Even the EU has a president of sorts and council. You could have a council of Kings and administer of sorts to keep peace. The Hand of the Council of Kings. :D Tyrion would have been perfect but you killed him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kingdoms attempt to claim independence.  Brann wargs Drogon and uses his weapon of mass destruction on the iron islands fleet again.  All the kingdoms now plot less open rebellion.  Brann explains to Tyrion that he does in fact know best in much the way Tyrion and Dany talked to Jon about the dangers of someone who knows what is best for others.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Considering how season 8 ended, I don't think that there is enough left to begin a new season right after that.

With a time jump it could be, let's say when Bran died. Westeros would be completly instable, new threats could rise elsewhere (someone controlling Drogon east, NKII North, Westofwestoris who didn't appreciate being disturbed by Arya... ).

Then new strong characters could be available everywhere, with no inconsistent history : good dornish princes and/or princesses for example...

Flashbacks would make the links between old and new generations, but no more than that. for me current characters stories have ended.

Edited by valgrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Even the EU has a president of sorts and council. You could have a council of Kings and administer of sorts to keep peace. The Hand of the Council of Kings. :D Tyrion would have been perfect but you killed him. 

I know. I imagine it a bit of like the pirate kings in Pirates of Caribbean 3 - there is no ruler of them all, they represent various area of the world and if they want to solve problems and so on, they have to have the majority. Sure, this kind of structure of the Westeros would sooner or later lead to wars and so on but that's the story for S10. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deminelle said:

How would it start?

Anything short of Adventures of Drogon and Ghost i wouldn't watch. Just dragons and direwolves, no people. Although I have a suspicion even that would be botched up somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, valgrel said:

Considering how season 8 ended, I don't think that there is enough left to begin a new season right after that.

With a time jump it could be, let's say when Bran died. Westeros would be completly instable, new threats could rise elsewhere (someone controlling Drogon east, NKII North, Westofwestoris who didn't appreciate being disturbed by Arya... ).

Then new strong characters could be available everywhere, with no inconsistent history : good dornish princes and/or princesses for example...

Flashbacks would make the links between old and new generations, but no more than that. for me current characters stories have ended.

I would also prefer a time jump.

Tyrion has a pretty daughter, who would actually be smart and has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. She knows all the stories.

Sansa is not the mother but Tyrion still reminisces her fondly. The real mother died in child birth, naturally.

North has isolated themselves from Westeros because they prosper while the rest of the land lacks everything under Bran's rule: food, education... weapons they don't really need because there are no wars. 

Bran is still searching for Drogon in vain, spends most of his time wandering in his memories and his visions are all blurry. He has started training hundreds of young cripples and other outcasts to warg too, but they don't really get anywhere, they just loiter around in his palace.

The lords are too happy spending time in Bronn's brothels. Rest of the Unsullied and Dothraki keep the common people in order as they work in the fields. They were long ago promised their own lands if they work hard enough but this was long forgotten.

Sam has immersed himself in finding important documents in Citadel but can't keep track of anything. Home is packed with kids, Gilly giving birth to one every year.

Tyrion's daughter, called Cerseime after her late aunt and uncle, is the new adventurer in the story. Trying to get in contact with mysterious Queen Sansa she's only heard tales of. Hoping she'd be kind enough to help the degraded South.

Cerseime brings together all second generation characters to start a fabulous journey to Winterfell. 

Something to start with...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arya deals with hardships on her exploration.  First her ship hits a big storm, nearly capsizing the ship and knocking a significant amount of her men overboard to never be seen again.  There's also some in-fighting and frustration amongst her crew as it's not quite clear what the objective of the mission is.  Food stores and fresh water are running low, but Arya's ship eventually makes landfall on a continent (unbeknownst to her it's the other side of Ulthos). She explores the land, finds out it's devoid of people.  But she does have some run-ins with strange creatures.  She eventually colonizes the new land, and names the first town/colony "Needle."

Jon never returns to the Night's Watch.  Instead he ventures out with the Wildlings helping them reclaim some of the territory that they abandoned, and helping them get settled in.  Since he's loved, the Free Folk name Jon their king.  Eventually a new kingdom is added to Westeros, Winterlands, where Jon is king.  Hardhome is the capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“And that Lord Eddard is what will happen if you persist in stubbornly being honourable. Here is Ice; the Queen Cersei is in the red keep, Lord Littlefinger is at the ‘establishment’ and for goodness sake get King Robert off the wine. Good luck”

“And my Lord, don’t  accept any wedding invitations”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yara kills Lady Sandra. avenging Daenerys. in the first 10 min into the episode and The North celebrates. Turns out Lady Sandra has been a lying bitch for 5 years and is now too fat to sit a horse from all the lemoncakes she eats.

Alys Karstark is the last Stark relative and is instaled as McQueen In Da Norf.

After that we see Arya returning to Kinglanding because she realised that her voyage was pointless because she could just ask Bran what is west of Westeros and he will tell her.

The last scene will be Jon having romantic sexual intercourse with Val (wildless princess from the books) and he is happier than ever before. Jon's kids are outside playing catch with a horse sized direwolf named Ghost and we see that there are direwolf puppies.. one for each of his children :D

 

Edited by Ser Yorick Ampersand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon will be on his 10th (and 11th) wife as surviving Jon Snow has become something of a challenge amount both wilding women and women of the north.  In a throwback to season one season 9 will open with a soft core scene featuring this new strategy by women to survive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm assuming a little bit of a time skip....

It begins with a group of Valyrians setting foot on Westeros.(We argue they were from a disconnected outpost that was separated during the fall).

Where it goes I don't know, I would bring Dany back in some way and again make her a thankless heroine(guess I am going KOTOR plot). Not sure if she would forgive or burn Jon but ultimately they would meet again and he gets a chance at redemption. I would definitely have Tyrion roasted though(assuming he isn't already dead from the future wars in the kingdom following the rebellion against Brans control).   

 

Edited by Techmaester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started a petition on Change.org to get a ninth season put into production. I think it would be a much better way to fix the show than remaking the eighth season. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×