Eurocommie May meet.

Ser Sean

Ahh , Kiwi confusion . I did wonder what it would be like with a band on upstairs .

£ 15 is the total cost for us to have the downstairs bar closed to the public and for our sole use . She said this was to cover the cost of having a member of staff to ourselves . She said nothing about the minimum number of folks - I said I thought that there would be at least 20 of us . She seemed happy .

I just found this marvellous site on Oxford. Check it out it's amazing. It gives 360 panoramas of most of town, and has all sorts of virtual tours with a pub crawl. I checked out the pubs I know and it's like being there. You move the mouse and it twirls up down and around you.

Gives you an idea of what's to be seen, and maybe pubs you'd want to go to.

You'll need Quicktime. If you don't have or don't want Quicktime, google "Quicktime alt" and download this as it's far less bloated than the official Quicktime.

Eefa, it's not mongolian BBQ, it's mongolian and BBQ :P Mel and me are greedy gals.

Btw Mel, recent reviews on the Port Mahon give the landlords as Aussies. :P Maybe they built stairs outside, obviously things have changed a lot since I was there .... it's listed as originally an irish pub, so it's no wonder I felt at ease in it :D

Flaming protected images.......... here it is paddy

anything else I'm supposed to be expressing an opinion on? :P
What colour(s) should Zollo's tutu, tiara and confetti be?

Should Sean go for the Christian Dior or the Jean-Paul Gaultier?

Niamh,

Thanks, that looks pretty cool :)

Ah well, that is too bad for me. I will arrive in England, to live there, on July 2. I will miss everyone. Oxford is one of my favorite places.

Where about in England? The BwB presence I believe more or less spans the entire country, like a web of drunken inequity.

BBQ - sounds good . I just spoke to a lovely Kiwi lady at the Port Mahon . The function room itself is booked solid from here to June with live bands . They do , however have a downstairs bar that they could close off to the public for us . It would cost £15 for our own bar man then we just rock on .

What does every one think ?

It\'s a smaller bar but I told lovely Kiwi lady there would be about two dozen of us and she said that would be fine . A quick search didn\'t turn anything up , but I can get my Dad to go have a look next week probably . Was it Jas that said she would be down that area at some point too ? I will need to get back to her over the next few days .

I reckon Central looks best , hostelwise . Hope I can smoke on the roof .

Nice work, Jo.

If nobody has any objections, I think you should go ahead and reserve it for us (maybe enquire about the cost of some simple food?).

I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this yet, but you can get a coach from London to Oxford for £1 if you book in advance. The journey takes roughly two hours depending on what time you travel.

Megabus

It seems that you can't book beyond the end of April using this site now, probably have to try again in a month's time. I just thought those on tight budgets might be interested. :)

Spoken to Ali , and yes she is Aussie , we are confirmed for sta 26th May . I need to call them at the end of April and give them a better idea of numbers and they can do a simple finger food buffet for £4 odd a head . All good .

Great stuff, Miss T! Thanks for sorting it.

Looks like this is the venue for the sat night then. :)

No I know, niamh - the BBQ facility and use thereof is part of why I voted for the Central. I was just specifying that (separately) I think the Mongolian BBQ on the Friday night is a good idea, but people can think again if they think I'm also doing karaoke!! :P

Paddy - I think a nice sheened brown with forest green accents would suit Zollo well, his tiara should be gold with clear and "emerald" rhinestones, and confetti colour doesn't matter so much as being biodegradable. Or possibly edible, if it's going to be flung over our tables.

I also think that the classic lines of the New Look would really show off Sean's legs and shoulders. Perhaps with a nice set of heels and seamed stockings, now that I think about it. Then again, I'm biased. I think JPG took the fine and usual and made it, well, just usual.

No I know, niamh - the BBQ facility and use thereof is part of why I voted for the Central. I was just specifying that (separately) I think the Mongolian BBQ on the Friday night is a good idea, but people can think again if they think I\'m also doing karaoke!! :P

Paddy - I think a nice sheened brown with forest green accents would suit Zollo well, his tiara should be gold with clear and \"emerald\" rhinestones, and confetti colour doesn\'t matter so much as being biodegradable. Or possibly edible, if it\'s going to be flung over our tables.

I also think that the classic lines of the New Look would really show off Sean\'s legs and shoulders. Perhaps with a nice set of heels and seamed stockings, now that I think about it. Then again, I\'m biased. I think JPG took the fine and usual and made it, well, just usual.

You know me so well, Tinker!!

Archived