Daenerys Targarian: Hitler or Jesus?

And perhapse more importantly, how could w e know for certain which?
It seems once someone announces that their intention is to build a new world they probaly either fall into the category of a new Hitler and a liar who only wants to conquer and rule or they might on rare occasions be a new messiah and as such truthful with the means and ability to literally build a new world untouched by the corruption of the ages. But allegedly Hitler was one of the most charismatic individuals of the century. People who despised him and everything he represented recall of meeting him in person and slipping immediately into a trance, completely enthralled. The teachings of Jesus were a violent afront to many of the social mores of the time and arguably the only reason he wasn't advocaing outright violence was because any attempt at a militant rebellion would have been squashed into oblivion and beyond by the totalitarian occupying Roman army.  Numerous other biblical prophets left entire cities or civilization sent completely and utterly to doom on their way to making a new and better world.
It seems to me that if someone comes to build a new world then proceeds to devote their life towards doing away with slavery and oppression,it would be wise not to label them a villian and compair them to Hitler the first time they do something that doesn't fit neatly into our little conventional moral codes.  What do you think?

Also I haven't yet read all the books and am curious about any other prophecies regarding the world being destroyed and a new world being built of born... especially those which might relate to Danny 

Or as I am sometimes fond of saying...
LONG LIVE DAENNERYS TARGARYAN. SHE WAS MORE THAN THE TRUE QUEEN. SHE WAS A TRUE MESSIAH.
Whether she will indeed be resurrected in the Temple at Volantis may as yet remain to be seen but Daennerys was not merely a hormonal 19 year old pyromaniac with entitlement issues, a superiority complex and fire breathing dragons. Nor was she a lunatic or a tyrant. And may I just say bless you to those precious few who remained true to the faith when all the countless other traitors and turncoats condemned her in a single hour as a tyrant and compared her to Hitler merely for sacking a single city regardless of the fact that she had just spent the past 7 years bringing dragons back into the world, overthrowing slave-lords, liberating the oppressed and doing away with slavery across most of the Eastern continent. All I would ask you to do now is to accept that she was telling the truth.

We here on this planet are sent a truly qualified architect capable of building a brand new world untouched by the corruption of the ages only once every several thousand years or so. If we accept that Danaerys was telling the literal truth when she announced that she was going to build a new world, we can know that our architect was she.  Her faith in that mission and her vision of the world she was going to build had already guided her to liberate much of the world for the benefit and betterment of everyone. That her vision also guided her to set King's landing to flame while tears streamed down her face does not chage the truth of that mission or her will to follow where it led. Look at her face when she invites Jon to help her in the construction. If the signs weren't already abundantly clear, Danny was the real deal and a new world builder.

John didn't care. He didn't even ask about her new world or how she planned to build it. "How do you know it's good?" he said and then he murdered the whole world... thereby sentencing all the countless oppressed masses to continue in chains for another thousand years just to ensure that nothing would change and no more evil people might or might not be killed for standing between mankind and a new paradise. Jamie was the King Slayer. But Jon Snow was the World Slayer and pestilence will follow him wherever he goes.. In the end he must have been a million times more evil than any Lanister, Bolton or any other villian and even more evil than Dan and Dave or all the inhabitants of King's Landing. I think he was he most evil person to ever set foot in Westerous since IDK when. Ask Bran.
Me... I miss Danny.
And come to think of it.  There are parts of a New World that can only be built through the labor of a dead hand.  An untimely death and convient resurrection in Volantis might be a lot less dificult than the other ordeals which might serve as a means of fulfilling that criterea.  Drogon would have carried her to the Temple days ago.  She could be risen already. 
LONG LIVE DAENNERYS TARGARIAN, THE TRUE HERO OF THE GAME OF THRONES

Why not both? Historically, great idealism results in either great happiness or great tragedy. Latter is the case more often than not. And Daenerys was nothing if not an idealist: she wanted to built a better world for everyone. Which, ironically?, is the reason why I do not find the idea of her eventually becoming a mass murderer as being outlandish or ill-conceived. Many good ideas and ideals ended up in mass murder and genocide.

Daenerys definitely was a hormonal 19 year old pyromaniac with entitlement issues, a superiority complex and fire breathing dragons.

But she was also more than that. She was an idealist, and I do not think her inner pyromaniac can be exactly divorced from her inner idealist. Her frustrations and inability to push people into her idealistic world are what, eventually, caused pyromaniac to win over.

That being said, I have no issue with what Jon did. Daenerys would not have liberated anyone; systems of slavery and serfdom had existed for thousands of years by that point; they were a product of society, technology and economics. Such things cannot be removed by an idealistic revolutionary - slavery in Europe was destroyed by the appearance of horse collar. No such advancement was in evidence in Planetos (be it Westeros or Essos), and therefore removing serfdom from Westeros or slavery from Essos would have been difficult prospect.

Maybe it's

Daenerys = Old testament (her freeing of the slaves and demanding slavers compensate them reminds me of Moses and Pharaoh). 

Jon = New testament  (he even looks like Jesus, not assertive and was resurrected) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/31/2019 at 7:14 AM, Br16 said:

Maybe it's

Daenerys = Old testament (her freeing of the slaves and demanding slavers compensate them reminds me of Moses and Pharaoh). 

Jon = New testament  (he even looks like Jesus, not assertive and was resurrected) 

Jesus was assertive. Flipping tables over, whipping people and challenging the status quo...

• 8 months later...

Archived