Reasons for Dorne and Iron Islands' loyalty to Bran

martianmister

How would that even work with North taking independence, and other Kingdoms not being even roughly equal in population, size, economic or military power?

It is ridiculous concept that stronger realms would accept same number of votes on the choice of monarch and him lacking the standing army or dragons to enforce his rule.

First decision that this broken king made is seceding half the Kingdom, if that doesn't inspire faith in this new system I don't know what would lol.

1 hour ago, Eltharion21 said:

First decision that this broken king made is seceding half the Kingdom, if that doesn't inspire faith in this new system I don't know what would lol.

:rofl:

On 5/25/2019 at 4:06 PM, martianmister said:

They have a chance to be elected the king of six kingdoms and rule all of the realm.

Not if the other kingdoms vhave seceded by the time the Iron Islands and Dorne get their turn :lmao:. King Bran has probably allowed cousin Sweetrobin, Uncle Edmure, his sister Arya's boyfriend, his sister Sansa's ex-husband, and the ex-husband's old bosom pal all become kings of their domains at some point. Since this is D&D's universe, everybody's dumb as a doormat unless your name is Sansa, so Yara and the cardboard cut-out from Dorne unfortunately will not get the joke.

8 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

King Bran the Broken, how many divisions?  

Before next week some Lord who still has an army will throw the freewheeling King and his jokes-and-hoaxes council into the Nera…

Help us King Bran! Lords Redwyne, Hightower, Rowan and Peake have risen in revolt. They've mounted Bron's head on a spike!

His head is exactly where it's supposed to be.

They're marching on KL! Stormlords are joining them, the Stormlords won't pay homage to a green boy who grew up as a blacksmith's apprentice in Flea Bottom.

They are on a path which brings them here.

That's exactly the point! Can't you warg a 1000 ravens and attack them? What about Nymeria's wolves?

I don't have a CGI budget anymore. Especially when it comes to wolves.

What are we going to do when they attack? They will mount our heads on spikes after take the city!

How do you know there is an afterwards?

Are you just going to just repeat the same lines again and again? Don't you have any proposal we can propose?

We ran out of scriptwriters as well a long time ago. Why do think I came here?

We actually don't tf know why tf you f came here you f weirdo!

I'm going to go now. 

13 hours ago, btfu806 said:

The Iron Islands didn't want to rule though, they wanted independence and then seemed to forget about that independence.

They had to give up reaping and reaving though under Queen Dany.  Now that Bran the Broken is in charge they can attack the North without interference

1 hour ago, Winter prince said:

They had to give up reaping and reaving though under Queen Dany.  Now that Bran the Broken is in charge they can attack the North without interference

So that's the reason to support Bran's claim to the throne? They realized that their deal from last season was actually awful? That's quite the logical leap from one season to another. I don't disagree that is something they could care about more (reaping and attacking other places and so forth) it is just a very abrupt change is all.

55 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

So that's the reason to support Bran's claim to the throne? They realized that their deal from last season was actually awful? That's quite the logical leap from one season to another. I don't disagree that is something they could care about more (reaping and attacking other places and so forth) it is just a very abrupt change is all.

No, just a reason to not make waves in a hostile environment

Good king Euron bought his election with gold and promise of conquests. Janos Slynt would have been LC without someone interfering. Volantis has elections too, working with bribes.

I don't think the voting systems is GRRM choice for the future.

16 hours ago, btfu806 said:

So we are assuming. Gotcha.

I think there was enough gaps in the writing that most of what has been discussed is assumptions, no?  Why else would no other region push for independence?  Are the Starks in the North that feared after years of in-fighting, war with the South, and war with the dead?  King Bran the Broken has no forces at all

5 hours ago, Winter prince said:

I think there was enough gaps in the writing that most of what has been discussed is assumptions, no?  Why else would no other region push for independence?  Are the Starks in the North that feared after years of in-fighting, war with the South, and war with the dead?  King Bran the Broken has no forces at all

I was trying not to and use past evidence of what the Iron Islands would want to do in the future. It's why I think it makes literally no sense that no region besides the north pushed for independence.

I agree, the Starks shouldn't be that feared, that Bran has no army, or maybe a very small one so why do people fear him.

Hence, why it all makes no sense. If, as you say, the Iron Irons didn't want to create a more hostile environment, wouldn't they want to claim independence in the same peaceful manner that the North did. Or at least try...

On 5/28/2019 at 11:21 PM, Bernie Mac said:

I've not watched season 6 since it aired, but I don't recall Yara being too happy about the events of the Kingsmoot.

Yara might not (mostly because she was fool enough to believe that Balon could appoint an heir without kingsmoot) but that's the way of the ironborn, after Yara they would easily follow that tradition which is very similar to their own.

18 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Good king Euron bought his election with gold and promise of conquests. Janos Slynt would have been LC without someone interfering. Volantis has elections too, working with bribes.

I don't think the voting systems is GRRM choice for the future.

I think that's the only way to keep 6 kingdoms intact. Or bring Dragons and make them obey, or create an alliances between 3 kingdoms (like Robert did with the North, the Vale and the Stormlands) and make them obey.

Otherwise they would return to the old system where they were 7 seperated kingdoms, and they were fighting for borders especially at Riverlands, and sometimes between themselves.

The North can be a seperate kingdom because;

A- The North is larger than the all other 6 kingdoms combined, it's very hard to control that large area

B- They keep faith in the old god

One can say Iron Islands too was a seperate kingdom and they have keep faith in the drown god, it's true however,

when Iron Islands were seperated before they held the lands at Riverlands (House Hoare) that's how they managed to live by earning and stealing from the Riverlands, since that land was belong to them, now it's not, and they cannot use the lands and they cannot steal it from them since House Tully is holding the lands of Riverlands. Iron Islands can't win a war against the other 5 kingdoms on their own, they couldn't even hold the North when the Northeners were fighting at the South, they lost the lands to the Northeners right after they returned from the South. So it's in their interest to keep working with other 5 kingdoms instead of fighting with them in a war that they cannot win.

Although I fully expect Sansa to be the first Lady of Winterfell and Warden of the North by the end of the series, I doubt that the North will remain independent in the books. For one, it would be weird for the rest of Westeros to accept Bran as their king if his region isn't part of the kingdom anymore. I have a feeling that Sansa being Queen in the North was probably a means for damage control on the showrunners' part, in order to quell accusations of sexism after having the final showdown be between two cruel queens who each meet a violent end.

Archived