Will Dany Resurrect?

LadyNoOne

Hi,

So, we saw Drogon fly off with Dany in his talon, and one cannot help but wonder:  is he taking her to some secret place where she can be reincarnated?  

In the end of E06 we see her battle torn, and more tyrannical than ever.  Do people wish to see her resurrected?

Cheers, 

On 5/25/2019 at 11:43 AM, LadyNoOne said:

Hi,

So, we saw Drogon fly off with Dany in his talon, and one cannot help but wonder:  is he taking her to some secret place where she can be reincarnated?  

In the end of E06 we see her battle torn, and more tyrannical than ever.  Do people wish to see her resurrected?

Cheers, 

Personally, no, I would not want her to be resurrected. I like her tragic ending and bringing her back would just cheapen it. Her story ended in fire and blood.

Remember her vision? Right after she was about to touch the Iron Throne, she turned to find herself in a place where there was abundant love for her in the imagery of Drogo and her child. She went from a place where there was no love for her, to a place where there was.

I don't see Dany as a real villain, but as a good person with good intentions believing the ends must justify the means. Maybe that's debatable but, to her, it was a truth. What she said all along was true, and she and Jon were destined to break the wheel together. But she didn't fully understand the prophecies. They came to pass in a way no one expected, but still as true as believed.

Game of Thrones has an underlying current of, subversion of expectations - not only with the viewing audience's expectations but, also of the expectations of the characters. In the end, all things occurred as they were supposed to occur, and all of the characters ended up where they were supposed to be. For Dany, that was a place where she was no longer alone, and was greatly loved.

20 minutes ago, John Meta said:

Remember her vision? Right after she was about to touch the Iron Throne, she turned to find herself in a place where there was abundant love for her in the imagery of Drogo and her child. She went from a place where there was no love for her, to a place where there was.

I don't see Dany as a real villain, but as a good person with good intentions believing the ends must justify the means. Maybe that's debatable but, to her, it was a truth. What she said all along was true, and she and Jon were destined to break the wheel together. But she didn't fully understand the prophecies. They came to pass in a way no one expected, but still as true as believed.

Game of Thrones has an underlying current of, subversion of expectations - not only with the viewing audience's expectations but, also of the expectations of the characters. In the end, all things occurred as they were supposed to occur, and all of the characters ended up where they were supposed to be. For Dany, that was a place where she was no longer alone, and was greatly loved.

Nice post.

Having Drogon fly off in the direction of Volantis with Dany's body presumably still clutched in his talon is likely the showrunners just trolling us with the possibility of a resurrection, but as you and other posters say there is no purpose to the story in doing that. The ending was so rushed and so badly developed, and the overall writing in the last few seasons dropping so fast in quality, it is really best to leave it here and for everyone to move on - to prequels, to the books, to other series and shows altogether. A sequel would be a really bad idea. Even a spin off.

57 minutes ago, John Meta said:

I don't think we can say for sure that House of the Undying was premonition(IIRC the vision was an attempt to distract her/get her lost), I think it was an expression of Danys desires and ultimately her strongest desire was to be in a loving relationship with husband/child. That was Drogo at that point...

I see your interpretation also, it's a nice thought but Jon conveyed he saw nothing when he was dead so I am not sure how to interpret that against Danys(supposed) death.  

In terms of, would I like it? I would but sadly I don't think there is any turning around Danys and Jons relationship.(murder kind of does that regardless of resurrection).

She would probably be spun as a "villain" which I don't think is correct and would further destroy her character. It would be cool to see her rebuild Valyria but I am not sure how they could make that happen. 

On 5/25/2019 at 6:43 PM, LadyNoOne said:

Yes. Drogon's taking Dany to Kinvara, Dany'll come back to life at the end of episode 2 next season. Wait for it.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, LadyNoOne said:

Do people wish to see her resurrected?

Here is some tinfoil for you. D&D are credited as lyricists for Pray, by Matt Bellamy, the last song in For the Throne álbum. 

Here are the lyrics:

Zȳhys ōñoso jehikagon Āeksiot epi
(We ask the Lord to shine his light)

We will pray
Pray with me
We can bring her back
Pray, remember me, oh, ooh

Zȳhys perzys stepagon Āeksio Ōño jorepi
(We beg the Lord to share his fire,)
Se morghūltas lȳs qēlītsos sikagon
(and light a candle that has gone out.)
Hen sȳndrorro, ōños, hen perzys, hen ñuqīr, perzys
(From darkness, light, from fire, from ashes, fire)
Hen sȳndrorro, ōños, hen ñuqīr, perzys, hen morghot, glaeson
(From darkness, light, from ashes, fire, from death, life)

We will pray
Pray with, with me
We can bring her back
Pray, pray
Pray with me, oh, ooh

Hen ñuqīr perzys, hen sȳndrorro, ōños
(From ashes fire, from darkness, light)
Morghot, glaeson, morghost glaeson, 'ost glaeson
(Death, life, death? life, ? life)
Please, please

18 minutes ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

Here is some tinfoil for you. D&D are credited as lyricists for Pray, by Matt Bellamy, the last song in For the Throne álbum. 

Here are the lyrics:

Zȳhys ōñoso jehikagon Āeksiot epi
(We ask the Lord to shine his light)

We will pray
Pray with me
We can bring her back
Pray, remember me, oh, ooh

Zȳhys perzys stepagon Āeksio Ōño jorepi
(We beg the Lord to share his fire,)
Se morghūltas lȳs qēlītsos sikagon
(and light a candle that has gone out.)
Hen sȳndrorro, ōños, hen perzys, hen ñuqīr, perzys
(From darkness, light, from fire, from ashes, fire)
Hen sȳndrorro, ōños, hen ñuqīr, perzys, hen morghot, glaeson
(From darkness, light, from ashes, fire, from death, life)

We will pray
Pray with, with me
We can bring her back
Pray, pray
Pray with me, oh, ooh

Hen ñuqīr perzys, hen sȳndrorro, ōños
(From ashes fire, from darkness, light)
Morghot, glaeson, morghost glaeson, 'ost glaeson
(Death, life, death? life, ? life)
Please, please

Nice catch, they may have just added it as a final attempt to subvert our expectations. Kind of as a final troll to mess with the people that payed em for 10 years.

But we can hope - I admit Drogon taking the body was a clear attempt to leave open the possibility even if they aren't planning to do it themselves. 

17 hours ago, Techmaester said:

I don't think we can say for sure that House of the Undying was premonition(IIRC the vision was an attempt to distract her/get her lost), I think it was an expression of Danys desires and ultimately her strongest desire was to be in a loving relationship with husband/child. That was Drogo at that point...

I see your interpretation also, it's a nice thought but Jon conveyed he saw nothing when he was dead so I am not sure how to interpret that against Danys(supposed) death.  

I'd propose that the vision is a premonition and this is demonstrated in the fact that Dany doesn't just see the Iron Throne, she sees it in the condition in which it would later appear in reality. The place was in ruin and snow/ash was present. If this were merely a "show Dany her desire" it wouldn't appear as such, but it is showing her future.

Of note here in this as premonition is that Dany proceeded through the gate in the Wall. This ending runs parallel to Jon Snow's resolution as we see the same thing during his epilogue. We know that Jon and Dany's story line become intertwined at the end as they both proceed together along the course of their story line.

Now Jon himself is "exiled" to leave the realm of men, to a place beyond the politics and worldly matters of the kingdom of the world. But as Bran said, this is where he is supposed to be. This is where he belongs. He is among the "freefolk" he is free from the burdens of that life which was thrust upon him.

Then in the vision(premonition) we see after Dany encounters the Iron Throne, she turns to hear a baby crying (symbolic of birth) and Dany then, like Jon, moves "beyond the Wall" "beyond Westeros" "beyond the known world" - symbolic of death and moving to the afterlife "beyond the world". We're seeing both Jon and Dany moving "beyond the world" to a place where they are free of the burdens of their destinies, and to a place where they are "free" and where they belong. This is why Dany's "beyond the Wall" imagery is running parallel with Jon's beyond the Wall imagery - their destinies are that intertwined, even in epilogue form.

edit: About Jon not seeing anything when he was dead, I'd propose that Dany's premonition shows an afterlife (remember that Drogo even mentions that he was not quite in the "afterlife/Night Lands" but had come to a place "between the worlds" to wait for Dany) so in the case of Jon I can only draw tentative conclusions and in this case I'd propose Jon never went to the "next world" because he was not supposed to be there, thus his resurrection back into the place he was supposed to be.

1 hour ago, John Meta said:

I'd propose that the vision is a premonition and this is demonstrated in the fact that Dany doesn't just see the Iron Throne, she sees it in the condition in which it would later appear in reality. The place was in ruin and snow/ash was present. If this were merely a "show Dany her desire" it wouldn't appear as such, but it is showing her future.

Of note here in this as premonition is that Dany proceeded through the gate in the Wall. This ending runs parallel to Jon Snow's resolution as we see the same thing during his epilogue. We know that Jon and Dany's story line become intertwined at the end as they both proceed together along the course of their story line.

Now Jon himself is "exiled" to leave the realm of men, to a place beyond the politics and worldly matters of the kingdom of the world. But as Bran said, this is where he is supposed to be. This is where he belongs. He is among the "freefolk" he is free from the burdens of that life which was thrust upon him.

Then in the vision(premonition) we see after Dany encounters the Iron Throne, she turns to hear a baby crying (symbolic of birth) and Dany then, like Jon, moves "beyond the Wall" "beyond Westeros" "beyond the known world" - symbolic of death and moving to the afterlife "beyond the world". We're seeing both Jon and Dany moving "beyond the world" to a place where they are free of the burdens of their destinies, and to a place where they are "free" and where they belong. This is why Dany's "beyond the Wall" imagery is running parallel with Jon's beyond the Wall imagery - their destinies are that intertwined, even in epilogue form.

edit: About Jon not seeing anything when he was dead, I'd propose that Dany's premonition shows an afterlife (remember that Drogo even mentions that he was not quite in the "afterlife/Night Lands" but had come to a place "between the worlds" to wait for Dany) so in the case of Jon I can only draw tentative conclusions and in this case I'd propose Jon never went to the "next world" because he was not supposed to be there, thus his resurrection back into the place he was supposed to be.

You made a good argument but I don't think you can compare exile to death, Jon will die at some point as well and I don't think he is at peace where he is.

The second thing is Dany does choose to come back to reality after hearing her dragons instead of staying with Drogo.

Drogon is not dead yet which to me leaves open the possibility....Dany may end with Drogo in the afterlife but I don't think we can say for sure she has completed everything she wants/needs to. If they wanted to make it final in a clear cut way they would have shown her reentering the hut at the end but they didn't.

You made a good argument but I don't think you can compare exile to death

I'm not comparing exile to death; I'm comparing moving "beyond the realm" to "beyond the realm" - beyond the Wall.

Jon will die at some point as well and I don't think he is at peace where he is.

Why would we see him smile before he disappeared into the land "beyond the realm"?

The second thing is Dany does choose to come back to reality after hearing her dragons instead of staying with Drogo.

Of course, she had a destined to fulfil. That destiny would lead her along the same path as in the premonition.

Drogon is not dead yet which to me leaves open the possibility....Dany may end with Drogo in the afterlife but I don't think we can say for sure she has completed everything she wants/needs to. If they wanted to make it final in a clear our way they would have shown her reentering the hut at the end but they didn't.

I'd propose the words "The Final Episode" tell us the narrative has completed.

20 hours ago, John Meta said:

Remember her vision? Right after she was about to touch the Iron Throne, she turned to find herself in a place where there was abundant love for her in the imagery of Drogo and her child. 

She moved away from them and turned to the north, the Wall. I guess this was made with different ideas for the ending in mind; 'twas only season 2, after all. 

(Drogon took her to the ER, obviously.)

Archived