How would you have ended it?

Techmaester

I wanted a more contentious argument between Jon and Dany where she blames him for ruining her chances for the throne. Then he could admit that he did it, for her own good. Because she'd suck as a ruler. 

Then Jon could admit that he manipulated her to get her dragons North (fitting for Game of Thrones). Then Dany could admit that she never cared about the North. 

I'd also have Jon kill Dany faster, after that speech. 

Sansa and Jon rule the North together, since that seems to be what she wanted, and when Jon actually felt validated. It was the "honor of his life." 

I'd like some story balance for Tyrion. He gets off scott free for being a kinslayer who murdered her lover, just like Jon. But for Tyrion, it wasn't even necessary, it was just personal vengeance. But Jon did it to save lives. Meanwhile Jon got sentenced to the Wall, Tyrion was the one who told him to kill him, but Tyrion gets to do what he loves best: playing the game. Like I know the author loves Tyrion a lot but this seems like he's screwing everyone else over just so his fav can have it all. 

Dany on the throne after she freed the Kings landing without burning it down. Jon abdicates and takes the oath of the queensguard. He serves his queen for the rest of his life. Doesn’t have children and the Targ name dies because Dany doesn’t have children. Dany frees the north and Sansa rules the north. Bran stays North and is on Sansa’s council. Arya goes on her adventure but returns and takes her place as a princess of the north. Arya has a bastard with some random lord who isn’t Gendry. And he is legitimized as Eddard Stark, the next king in the north. 

19 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Dany on the throne after she freed the Kings landing without burning it down. Jon abdicates and takes the oath of the queensguard. He serves his queen for the rest of his life. Doesn’t have children and the Targ name dies because Dany doesn’t have children. Dany frees the north and Sansa rules the north. Bran stays North and is on Sansa’s council. Arya goes on her adventure but returns and takes her place as a princess of the north. Arya has a bastard with some random lord who isn’t Gendry. And he is legitimized as Eddard Stark, the next king in the north. 

Who then would Dany's heir be? 

Tyrion isn't the only one who would want to know that. You have to have an heir.

Who would be the Prince of Dragonstone?

8 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I'd like some story balance for Tyrion. He gets off scott free for being a kinslayer who murdered her lover, just like Jon. But for Tyrion, it wasn't even necessary, it was just personal vengeance. But Jon did it to save lives.

I like to think that Tyrion wasn't actually a kinslayer because he and his brother Jaime only killed each other's father, not their own, but would never learn this themselves.  Martin will have been familiar with Strangers on a Train.

4 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I like to think that Tyrion wasn't actually a kinslayer because he and his brother Jaime only killed each other's father, not their own, but would never learn this themselves.  Martin will have been familiar with Strangers on a Train.

I thought the Lannister parents were cousins. Tyrion killed his father/cousin.:P

2 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I thought the Lannister parents were cousins. Tyrion killed his father/cousin.:P

Aha! That would make Tywin Tyrion's first cousin once removed, since Tywin was Joanna's first cousin.

Oops.

Now that you mention it, we know that Jon and Tyrion and Dany killed their own mothers, all three of them.

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Aha! That would make Tywin Tyrion's first cousin once removed, since Tywin was Joanna's first cousin.

Oops.

Now that you mention it, we know that Jon and Tyrion and Dany killed their own mothers, all three of them.

:lmao:

If we're counting incest then Jon killed his sister and his aunt because they share about the same amount of genes as siblings. Kinslaying three times over!

26 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

:lmao:

If we're counting incest then Jon killed his sister and his aunt because they share about the same amount of genes as siblings. Kinslaying three times over!

I think that's kins-laying then not kin-slaying. More than kin, less than kind. :->)

10 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Oops.

Total brain fart. 

Imagining a family of Westerosi nobles, Targaryens at the worst, sitting down to tea with hobbits and having a genealogy chat.

Bilbo: Oh, you ride dragons? Isn't that uncomfortable? Do you use a saddle? Or cushions?

Lobelia's lips just twisting upon themselves in disgust, like a torte.

Jon being sent to the Wall for queenslaying is ridiculous. Jaime should have been sent to the Wall if that's his "crime". 

The real reason should have been to remove the claim from complicating Bran's reign, like Aemon did with Aegon V, and to protect Jon again like Ned originally did. 

The original post said how you would change the two last episodes. I think my major change would be to make episode 5 the battle AND the aftermath, ending with Jon killing Dany and Drogon flying away with her. Then having the entire last episode to actually be about politics and "building" the new world.

I would have dropped the "democracy" touch, and rather gone for some kind of parliament or council that the king/queen would have to answer to. I also think I would have someone insisting on Jon becoming king. He could either do that and as his only act decide that such a parliament (or whatever) should be created. Then abdicate and take the black to end the Targaryan claim (which would then make sense).

58 minutes ago, Martyn Bull said:

The original post said how you would change the two last episodes. I think my major change would be to make episode 5 the battle AND the aftermath, ending with Jon killing Dany and Drogon flying away with her. Then having the entire last episode to actually be about politics and "building" the new world.

I would have dropped the "democracy" touch, and rather gone for some kind of parliament or council that the king/queen would have to answer to. I also think I would have someone insisting on Jon becoming king. He could either do that and as his only act decide that such a parliament (or whatever) should be created. Then abdicate and take the black to end the Targaryan claim (which would then make sense).

I like your ending. A House of Lords would be good. The king and small council would answer to them. I would have the writers explain why the NW exist and have the Lord Commander of the NW in the small council or report to the House of Lords. 

2 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Jon being sent to the Wall for queenslaying is ridiculous. Jaime should have been sent to the Wall if that's his "crime". 

The real reason should have been to remove the claim from complicating Bran's reign, like Aemon did with Aegon V, and to protect Jon again like Ned originally did. 

Jaime was pardoned and continued to be kingsguard. Jon could have been pardon after taking the black and returned to Winterfell and serve Sansa as a queensguard member(?). He would have given up his claims. 

4 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I like your ending. A House of Lords would be good. The king and small council would answer to them. I would have the writers explain why the NW exist and have the Lord Commander of the NW in the small council or report to the House of Lords. 

Thanks. Backing you 100% on explanation of NK, but I took the challenge and tried to answer the original post who asked what you would change in the last TWO episodes :-) If you asked me what I'll do with the last two seasons, I'll say, end NK (with explanation) in s07, and spend the entire s08 to finish the game of thrones...

5 minutes ago, Martyn Bull said:

Thanks. Backing you 100% on explanation of NK, but I took the challenge and tried to answer the original post who asked what you would change in the last TWO episodes :-) If you asked me what I'll do with the last two seasons, I'll say, end NK (with explanation) in s07, and spend the entire s08 to finish the game of thrones...

Killing the nk half way season 8 disappointing as hell. I would have love to watch Dany trying to prove Jon was not legitimate but view him as her brother’s son. Then more proof shows up. And more proof. 

3 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Killing the nk half way season 8 disappointing as hell. I would have love to watch Dany trying to prove Jon was not legitimate but view him as her brother’s son. Then more proof shows up. And more proof. 

Again I agree. But when the decided they weren't able to finish both plots at the same time, I would rather have season 7 deal with NK and the WW and FINISH that plotline in a good way. Then have the entire seadson 8 to focus on the "realm of men". That would certainly include getting more out of R+L=J. If not proofs, just people starting to choose sides. To me it's more about that, having the opinions of the lords and people actually matter, not only the claims. I think that would have made it more believable to send Dany off the cliff - Jon won the popularity contest (of course against his will). 

On 5/28/2019 at 8:43 AM, Techmaester said:

I realised there is sufficient footage for a dark-Dany/Jon ending without much editing.

Cut the scene to black right when he kisses her and then provide an epilogue with drawings. Have them marry and go on a campaign of conquest where they both die heroically in a battle in some foreign land against another WW like threat as dark knights...hated for their actions but ultimately heros of both Westeros and Essos

Then end with a picture of the final counsel talking about a successor.

That's another ending I can get behind :D.

Looks like somebody else had the same idea.

It's now my official ending. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:55 AM, Techmaester said:

I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would make one: If you were the writer - how would you write episode 6 as an end to the series(no restrictions)?  Additionally if you could change episode 5 what would you change?

-- 

I would end it "badly"(but very personally satisfying!) in the following ways(I'm sure they could be improved but you get the idea). 

- Daenerys will argue that the wheel can only be broken with an iron fist and after the Night King and her loses to Cersei she decided she can no longer afford mercy or a divided, bickering kingdom thus she used Kings Landing as an example to instill fear(this might require tweaking episode 5 a little to show a more precise but equally ruthless campaign with Daenerys directly flying to Red Keep and killing Cersei). She wouldn't be "mad". 

- Thinking back to the wars that followed the beginning of the series, Jon will not like but he will ultimately accept Daenerys explanation with the agreement it shouldn't happen again taking responsibility as Daenerys guide instead of being the passive actor he was in the past. He lets go of his apprehension about being with his aunt.  

- With Daenerys help Jon accepts his heritage as both a Targaryen and a Stark and claims himself as King which Daenerys accepts as his queen. With this the rest of Westeros rallies behind them ending mass conflict. 

- Jons cold restraint moderates Daenerys fiery idealism leading to improvements in Westeros without the degree of social breakdown seen in Essos.

- Bran acts as his counsel(lets suppose Bran isn't all powerful like they attempt to portray). 

- Sansa maintains her position as Queen of the North disliking but accepting Daenerys. 

- Arya goes and does what ever. 

- Tyrion will have been exiled for releasing his brother instead of being roasted as Daenerys understands his love for family drove him, a love she didn't truly experience until now.   

- The Unsullied maintain guard in Kings Landing while the Dothraki are sent home, being freed from any duty to their Khaleesi. 

- Fast-forward 2-3 years: Daenerys ends up pregnant but dies in successful child birth in Kings Landing. Drogon learns how to reproduce and Ghost and his sister Nymeria produce a litter of puppies.

- The final shot ends with flapping wings shown coming out of Valyria towards both Westeros and Essos

---

Cheesy I suppose but this is the ending a lot of people wanted(and thus their expectations had to be subverted). While not the shows intention I always viewed the Night King as one of many future threats that only a united continent could fight against, thus Daenerys being a bit like a female Revan. The Three Eyed Raven plot gave Bran too much power - not sure what to do about that. 

I kinda wanted something like this, but she does not burn KL and also jon kills the NK. I wanted dany to plunge dragonglass into jons heart (making use of the scene of the NK being created) and him being a warrior of fire/light - hence him being rezzed by the lord of light) - making use of the several years of build up.

Jons ID  would be revealed in some way and him riding rhaegal would be more impactful and emotional - him embracing his ID

I would also have arya killing cersei, painfully and gleefully... I would not have dany dieing in childbirth, she has children. Jon would have to leave to the north to become the shield that guards the realms of men, cos the WW will return.

Varys also would not have died the way he did, and would have been more useful...infiltrating KL and starting to win hearts and minds to dany.

even more cheesy and with a few plot holes lol

After seeing Daenerys go all crazy Jon Targaryan decides he will sacrifice his own desires and do what's best for the 7 kingdoms. He flies off on (a not stupidly dead) Rhaegal and rallies the 7 kingdoms to claim his throne. He returns and lays seige to King's Landing. Rhaegal and Drogon battle each other above the city. Rhaegal is no match for his brother and is wounded. But Bran wargs Drogon just in time and takes control of him. He then burns Daenerys' forces including Greyworm with Drogon as Daenerys watches helplessly from on the back of the dragon. (Karmic justice)

Drogon crash lands as Rhaegal lands nearby. Drogon is still under brans control. Jon draws longclaw and drives it into the helpless dragon's brain as Daenerys pleads for mercy. 

Jon takes the throne and sentences Daenerys into exile in Essos.

Gendry Baratheon becomes hand of the king in honor of Ned and Roberts past friendship. 

Bran now is somewhat insane due to the dragon dying while being warged. Bran returns to seek the children of the forest to help heal his mind. 

Sam becomes Lord commander of a new Nights Watch in case the wildlings ever become a threat again or a new Night King arises. The wall is rebuilt. 

Jon grants the North, Dorne and the Iron Islands independence.  

Flash forward before end credits roll...

Daenerys is with a child in Essos. Jon's heir. She is holding a dragon egg in her hand and looking to the west. 

Queue up Game of Thrones "part 2" lol. 

Or something like that

Archived