How would you have ended it?

Techmaester

I also expected a different final.

After burning the enemyfleet and the anti-dragonguns Dynearis realises that the betrayal of Varys and Tyrion, concerning spreading the word that Jon as a male relative of Dynearis is the rightful king on the Iron Throne, that her reign will end and she will loose the Iron Throne.

In blind fury and full of hate towards Cersei she burns the whole city to the ground. So far the last episode is fine by me.

I would change the scene on the stairs in front of everyone below. She gives the speech in which she is spreading fear and promises to repeat the massacre of cities that do not complie and do not obey with her reign as queen.

Jon approaches her, climbing the stairs. He and Dynearis do not go out of sight but kiss each other passionately in front of everyone. She whispers to Jon that she has no choice but to execute her lover. Then, Jon stabs his love and queen to death. Everyone is in utter shock.

The last dragon is furious about the murder of its queen. It gives a shower of fire like among others Varys had killed.

The dragon spits fire a long time on Jon and after that, Jon is still standing, naked because the clothes were burned. Just like when Dynearis burned down the Kahl temple and stepped out of the fire naked.

And the rumours about Jon as rightfull heir of the throne are true for everyone present. Jon is indeed family of Dynearis, he is just like her fireproof and obviously has dragonblood.

All people present below the stairs bend their knees for Jon as rightfull heir of the Iron Throne. 

And with this ending the series could continue.

Archived