Who will be Lord Commander after Jeor and Jon were killed by mutiny?

It also depends on how long Jon stays dead... If he rises before the new election is over what will happen? Elections take time in the NW.

We saw what happens when someone is brought back after 3 days (Lady Stoneheart), if it takes longer for me (well they are in colder place and his body will probably fare better) it will be even worse. 

I would say Edd is the best candidate right now. Thorne's whereabouts are unknown so... But again if Jon rises, how could they explain they have a new Lord Commander to everyone? Would they even believe he came back from the dead? It's more likely that people would say he never died and it was just a trick. 

I suppose Denys Mallister would be one of the best candidates.

Bowen Marsh seems too weak willed to be Lord Commander, Alliser Thorne might be decent, but he's beyond the Wall somewhere, Cotter Pyke is essentially stranded at Hardhome. Who else is there really? 

I don't think it will matter at the end of the day, since Jon will probably be back before a new one gets chosen. 

1 hour ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I suppose Denys Mallister would be one of the best candidates.

Bowen Marsh seems too weak willed to be Lord Commander, Alliser Thorne might be decent, but he's beyond the Wall somewhere, Cotter Pyke is essentially stranded at Hardhome. Who else is there really? 

I don't think it will matter at the end of the day, since Jon will probably be back before a new one gets chosen. 

I agree on Mallister. I expect that Jon's watch has ended, one way or another.

6 minutes ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

Yeah, he cant come back and then just carry on as Lord Commander as if nothing happened. 

Yep, he carries on after loping off a bunch of heads with longclaw :devil:

In terms of story arc development, I do doubt that he carries on as before, but that's what he should really have done.

20 minutes ago, Ser Hedge said:

Yep, he carries on after loping off a bunch of heads with longclaw :devil:

In terms of story arc development, I do doubt that he carries on as before, but that's what he should really have done.

I think he will carry on. I doubt he'll come back as he used to be. He will be focused on stopping the Others, more so now that he was brought back by R'hllor. 

He will eventually go back to Winterfell but right he would have to go as a deserter as no one would buy the "my watch has ended because I died". How would the other northern houses look at him if he became one of those Ned would have executed without the blink of an eye? 

20 hours ago, Lady Valicious said:

It also depends on how long Jon stays dead... If he rises before the new election is over what will happen? Elections take time in the NW.

We saw what happens when someone is brought back after 3 days (Lady Stoneheart), if it takes longer for me (well they are in colder place and his body will probably fare better) it will be even worse. 

I would say Edd is the best candidate right now. Thorne's whereabouts are unknown so... But again if Jon rises, how could they explain they have a new Lord Commander to everyone? Would they even believe he came back from the dead? It's more likely that people would say he never died and it was just a trick. 

Jon's fan club like their double-standards.  If death relieves one of their vows then it stands to reason that death also relieves one of all the privileges and rights they had before death.  Such as the right to remain lord commander.  He is not coming back to command the watch.  Nobody is going to vote for him.  Who with sanity would vote for a commander who betrayed them all.  

I don't believe death relieves one of their vows when they come back to life.  Death is a medical technicality and poorly defined.  If he comes back then it is assumed he didn't really die.  His obligations to the watch remain.  And he remains lord commander as long as the other men accept him.  That is really the fly in the soup.  I don't see how the watch will take him back.  Everyone knows what he did with Mance Rayder.  They know he was going to start a war with Roose Bolton.  

Bowen Marsh will take command.  

8 hours ago, Son of Man said:

Bowen Marsh will take command.  

I give him 2 minutes. Which brings us to the next question, who after Bowen Marsh's shortest-ever stint as an LC, will take over as the next LC?

16 hours ago, Lady Valicious said:

I think he will carry on. I doubt he'll come back as he used to be. He will be focused on stopping the Others, more so now that he was brought back by R'hllor. 

He will eventually go back to Winterfell but right he would have to go as a deserter as no one would buy the "my watch has ended because I died". How would the other northern houses look at him if he became one of those Ned would have executed without the blink of an eye? 

Oh he will come back but he won’t exactly be fresh.  He will come back as a being resurrected by the white walkers.  He won’t be a warm blooded human.  That’s why he will be able to wear an armor made of ice.  All memories of warmth will be gone.

The death of Jon is the death of the fragile alliance that had existed at the wall. So it only makes sense for things to get very messy in the aftermath of the mutiny. I don't think we'll have another election. GRRM has already written about one of them and the next part will be something different again. I think Marsh will attempt to assume command OR Alisser has returned and he'll attempt to seize the opportunity. Either way, I see this as the first sign of the Wall failing. The Others will be on them soon enough. 

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, Ser Hedge said:

I give him 2 minutes. Which brings us to the next question, who after Bowen Marsh's shortest-ever stint as an LC, will take over as the next LC?

7 hours ago, Baelor 'Breakspear' said:

I think the there will be a NW civil war kinda. Maybe mutineers vs Cotter Pyke or Mallister vs free folk vs Mel and Stannis troops remaining at the wall

Yeah, I don't see another election happening in the TWOW.  If Bowen Marsh takes over it'll be a short lived and chaotic shit storm.  I think Davos and Asha are headed to the Wall so we should have three (with Mel) POV's to watch the Watch implode.

Archived