How do you think Tommen and Myrcella will die?

Selere

48 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Yes, we have a consensus forming around this.    My visions are sometimes inaccurate.   But I feel strongly that we'll see a pidgeon fly out of Tommen as a finishing touch.   A commoner will find Tommen's body first, and everyone knows the royals like those pies with birds inside, so they'll seize upon the opportunity to make Tommen one of those, sort of as an homage to Lannister rule.

For Myrcella, maybe a drunken mom holds her close to keep her safe all night and she smothers the kid.   Too large of a kid for that?  Okay.  Something just like that then.  Death from overprotection....from death.

To be fair Cersei is getting fat she could become big enough. 

Not sure how, but I think Myrcellla dies to precipitate Aegon and Cersei’s confrontation against one another. There is a risk that Dany’s arrival could push Cersei and Aegon to make a truce of some sort, and Arianne or others in her entourage could kill her to prevent that.

13 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Not sure how, but I think Myrcellla dies to precipitate Aegon and Cersei’s confrontation against one another. There is a risk that Dany’s arrival could push Cersei and Aegon to make a truce of some sort, and Arianne or others in her entourage could kill her to prevent that.

Aegon will never make a truce with a Lannister, they had his mother raped and then killed with his sister (not mentioning the baby boy whose skull was crushed against a wall). They then allied with Robert and Cersei married him.

Currently there is no antagonism between fAegon and Dany, he follows Tyrion's advice to prove himself so he can meet her as an equal as she's already a queen. At this point he's likely to want to marry her to start the Great Targaryen dynasty again... Unless Dany is really fast he will probably take or at least attack KL long before she makes it to Westeros. 

This is the great dilemma of introducing Aegon.   Because yes you can jam him into the false king mummer's dragon slot if you insist, but if you appraise the boy honestly he's looking more like the real deal.   He's earning it.   Behaving his way onto the throne with the real loyalty and support of backers he's legitimately impressing.   Then, if he also takes King's Landing......

This kills off all the built up fun of Danny hitting Westeros.   If Dan is denied her shot at Cercei and no usurpers are left by the time she learns how to rule and sets sail.... what's the point of this thing?    (This does however point the way to how the conclusion might fit into only 2 books- - - by not being the Queen's Landing showdown we expect).

The people of KL may do Myrcella in by rising up in support of Aegon and ending the Lannister line of kings for him, maybe handing the future over to him by tossing Myrcella over the battlements to join Aegon's seige below in a show of solidarity, perhaps also getting the gates open for him.

I believe Tommen will die by poison. Soon I suppose. In ADWD epilogue, Kevan is noticing Blount look ill:

He did not look well. Of late Boros had grown notably heavier about the face and belly, and his color was not good. And he was leaning against the wall behind him, as if standing had become too great an effort for him.

Blount was set to test Tommen's food. He is his poison detector. He may be ill for any reason, but it could be poisoning. For me, the red alert is "poison" and Tommen's "food taster". If poison, why would Tommen be healthy and Blount ill? Because of Mithridatism, building resistance to poison. Someone is putting arsenic or something like it in Blount's food only, not Tommen. It increases Blount resistance. Later he will put a deadly dose in Tommen's food. Blount will taste it, and will feel nothing. But Tommen will die.

I suppose the purpose is to break the Lannister's alliance with the Tyrells. To the advantage of fAegon. It will happen before fAegon has to face the Tyrells or Cersei allies in general. It needs to give small doses of poison to Blount every day or so. Varys hiding in the RK, and working for Illrio  and fAegon, is the most likely poisoner.

Myrcella is not dead yet.

9 hours ago, Lady Valicious said:

Aegon will never make a truce with a Lannister, they had his mother raped and then killed with his sister (not mentioning the baby boy whose skull was crushed against a wall). They then allied with Robert and Cersei married him.

Currently there is no antagonism between fAegon and Dany, he follows Tyrion's advice to prove himself so he can meet her as an equal as she's already a queen. At this point he's likely to want to marry her to start the Great Targaryen dynasty again... Unless Dany is really fast he will probably take or at least attack KL long before she makes it to Westeros. 

Now that you mention it he and his entourage could kill Myrcella just to provoke Cersei and out of revenge.

One of the kids is slated for a sandsnaking, but when has Dorne plans ever gone as planned.  So being targeted by Dorne actually makes you safer on an ordinary day.  But we aren't in ordinary time anymore.  If the kids absolutely must die, the more foolish among us might start looking back to the Sandsnake to, um, getter dun.

4 hours ago, OneFretfulTrout said:

Is there no way to avoid infanticide? Maybe some sort of Romeo and Juliet -like sham death?

It is possible.

On the otherhand, if nobody knows that x did not really die, if they cannon confirm that, it will still feel like x died.

It's sad, but I'd be ok with this:

Myrcella: Nymeria joins the small council, she wants to fack over Cersei and Margaery, but some poison ends up killing Mycella.

Tommen: Aegon with the Golden Company breaks into King's Landing, someone takes Tommen and breaks his head on the castle wall.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, NonoNono said:

Aegon is going to sack King's Landing long before Dany gets anywhere near Westeros.  And I can't imagine Arianne murdering Myrcella in cold blood.  

I imagine Tommen, and probably Myrcella, die in sack of KL.  Probably with more than a little help from Cersei's wildfire.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, The Mother of The Others said:

This is the great dilemma of introducing Aegon.   Because yes you can jam him into the false king mummer's dragon slot if you insist, but if you appraise the boy honestly he's looking more like the real deal.   He's earning it.   Behaving his way onto the throne with the real loyalty and support of backers he's legitimately impressing.   Then, if he also takes King's Landing......

This kills off all the built up fun of Danny hitting Westeros.   If Dan is denied her shot at Cercei and no usurpers are left by the time she learns how to rule and sets sail.... what's the point of this thing?    (This does however point the way to how the conclusion might fit into only 2 books- - - by not being the Queen's Landing showdown we expect).

Yeah, I don't think GRRM ever intended to give Dany a morally easy way to the throne.  Whether Aegon is "real" or not won't really matter by the time Dany lands, he'll be popular and seen as legitimate.

Dany, with the weaker claim, will have to justify the attack by claiming he's an illegitimate Blackfyre or simply that he's not "a real Dragon."  In other words, the Dragons prove her claim, naked power legitimizes her.  Leading to that thing that happened on HBO.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:44 PM, BalerionTheCat said:

I believe Tommen will die by poison. Soon I suppose. In ADWD epilogue, Kevan is noticing Blount look ill:

Blount was set to test Tommen's food. He is his poison detector. He may be ill for any reason, but it could be poisoning. For me, the red alert is "poison" and Tommen's "food taster". If poison, why would Tommen be healthy and Blount ill? Because of Mithridatism, building resistance to poison. Someone is putting arsenic or something like it in Blount's food only, not Tommen. It increases Blount resistance. Later he will put a deadly dose in Tommen's food. Blount will taste it, and will feel nothing. But Tommen will die.

I suppose the purpose is to break the Lannister's alliance with the Tyrells. To the advantage of fAegon. It will happen before fAegon has to face the Tyrells or Cersei allies in general. It needs to give small doses of poison to Blount every day or so. Varys hiding in the RK, and working for Illrio  and fAegon, is the most likely poisoner.

Myrcella is not dead yet.

That's very clever and puts the detail about Blount in context. While I am not sure about the mechanism, there should be ways around that. After all, all it needs is for the poison to pass Blount.

I agree with the reasoning. The only way for Aegon to sit on the throne is for Tommen to die. The obvious culprit for such a scheme would be Varys. As he lacks access to Maegor's holdfast, this would be the way around it. 

I believed that Tommen would perish at the hands of Tyene Sand, who under the guise of a septa would infiltrate Maegor's Holdfast as one of Cersei's attendants and do Tommen in and that she would do that following Aegon's marriage to Arianne in order to clear the way.

Your theory sounds pretty convincing, though. 

Archived