How do you think Tommen and Myrcella will die?

Selere

In my opinion, Myrcella is already dead.  She died from Gerold Dayne's poisoned blade.  Rosamund impersonated Myrcella at the Water Gardens, and it was good enough to fool Balon Swann, who had seen Myrcella once or twice before,  but never knew her well.  Since Doran is in the process of launching a war, he will not need to keep up the deception for very long.  Had Balon seen through the deception, he would have died sooner rather than later.  The poor sucker will be slaughtered soon enough.

Rosamund was chosen as Myrcella's double because of the family resemblance.  There is no point to this unless there is some chance of fooling someone who some small familiarity with the original.  

I think Myrcella is already dead.

For Tommen, I think it might be ironic if Mace and Randyll have him killed and present his body to JonCon and Aegon.

2 hours ago, 867-5309 said:

The Martells by poison.  It's a woman's weapon and the snakes want blood.

Yup that's how I see it too. I think he'll die even before KL is taken. That will cause chaos and make it so much easier for fAegon to take the city. 

As for Myrcella I also think she's probably already dead. I'm not sure they will reveal it right away if Dany is on her way to Westeros and has Tyrion in tow. He is the one who sent her to Dorne, they could use the fake Myrcella to have him betray Dany. I know that's very far-fetched lol

I'm surprised by the number of people thinking that Myrcella is already dead. I didn't know this theory was so widespread.

Not sure I buy it, though. Why would Doran tell Arianne about the secret marriage in Braavos, Quentyn's secret mission, and all his plans of treason, but not that? Wouldn't the entire court of Sunspear notice the change?

I think Tommen will be killed by Tyene Sand who is on her way to KL masquerading as a Septa. Tyene though has an excellent knowledge of poisons. This is not my theory but rather one from a lady on a different forum and to my mind she is genius here.  Cersei has been demanding that the high Septon perform the crowning ceremony for Tommen in the Great Sept where he will anoint the new King with the seven sacred oils. 

A Feast for Crows - Cersei VI

"Do that, but gently. I do not care to be caught up in another riot." Cersei let the curtain fall. "This is absurd."

"It is, Your Grace," Lady Merryweather agreed. "The High Septon should have come to you. And these wretched sparrows . . ."

"He feeds them, coddles them, blesses them. Yet will not bless the king." The blessing was an empty ritual, she knew, but rituals and ceremonies had power in the eyes of the ignorant. Aegon the Conqueror himself had dated the start of his realm from the day the High Septon anointed him in Oldtown. "This wretched priest will obey, or learn how weak and human he still is."

"Orton says it is the gold he really wants. That he means to withhold his blessing until the crown resumes its payments."

Cersei kissed her cheek. "The lion does not fear the sparrow . . . but it is good of you to care. I know you love me well, my lady. Ser Osmund, kindly help me down."

*******Snip

"As you say. Yet it must be asked—where were the king's knights when these things were being done? Did not Jaehaerys the Conciliator once swear upon the Iron Throne itself that the crown would always protect and defend the Faith?"

Cersei had no idea what Jaehaerys the Conciliator might have sworn. "He did," she agreed, "and the High Septon blessed him and anointed him as king. It is traditional for every new High Septon to give the king his blessing . . . and yet you have refused to bless King Tommen."

"Your Grace is mistaken. We have not refused."

"You have not come."

"The hour is not yet ripe."

Are you a priest or a greengrocer? "And what might I do to make it . . . riper?" If he dares mention gold, I will deal with this one as I did the last and find a pious eight-year-old to wear the crystal crown.

"The realm is full of kings. For the Faith to exalt one above the rest we must be certain. Three hundred years ago, when Aegon the Dragon landed beneath this very hill, the High Septon locked himself within the Starry Sept of Oldtown and prayed for seven days and seven nights, taking no nourishment but bread and water. When he emerged he announced that the Faith would not oppose Aegon and his sisters, for the Crone had lifted up her lamp to show him what lay ahead. If Oldtown took up arms against the Dragon, Oldtown would burn, and the Hightower and the Citadel and the Starry Sept would be cast down and destroyed. Lord Hightower was a godly man. When he heard the prophecy, he kept his strength at home and opened the city gates to Aegon when he came. And His High Holiness anointed the Conqueror with the seven oils. I must do as he did, three hundred years ago. I must pray, and fast."

I've snipped out the parts that are not pertinent during this chapter where Cersei travels to the Great Sept of Baelor to demand that the new High Septon perform the ceremony. But he tells her the time is not yet right and that he must pray on it. She is of course eventually  imprisoned herself and made to walk back to the RK naked. And still Tommen has not been anointed. But after she wins her trail I imagine the High Septon will acquiesce .  After all a trial of the seven proves the seven's judgement.

So once Tyene is in Kl and has access to the sept as a septa she can slip a contact poison into the hold oils. Which will cause the death of Tommen and also the High Sparrow.

That ends the part of this which is someone else's theory and this last bit is my own. 

This opens the IT for Myrcella who Tyrstane is the betrothed of. The Sand snakes will push for the wedding to take place and for Myrcella to ascend with Tyrstane as her husband, and co ruler. As a means to appease those who reject the right of women to rule. Cersei will agree as Myrcella is her last means by which to cling to power.  And with fAegon in the Stormlands causing trouble she will see that if she wishes to keep Dorne she has no choice. But of course Dorne has a hand in each basket with Arianne having gone to fAegon and able to make semi autonomous choices in regards to him and Dorne's support.  

I think that once Doran is satisfied by Arianne's assessment of fAegon as truly Elia's son he will agree to a plan to assassinate Myrcella. Varys will then use the secret tunnels to sneak into her chambers in the RK in the same way Blood & Cheese did in F&B. And smother Myrcella with a silken pillow; the fate Tywin pretended he had in mind for Rhaenys.  This removes all Cersei's children from her and removes her means of holding the IT. Leaving it wide open for fAegon and Dorne to take KL.  

Tommen

I nominate him for the most stupid death we will see in the books. Nobody has a very big interest in killing him but he has to die to fullfill Cersei's prophecy. 

What will it exactly be? I hope for something that will make even Tywins death heroic. 

I have some ideas:

Actually chocking on a piece of pie 

An infection after his cat had bid him

Throwing himself in the dry moat while playing

It will be so shameful for the IT they are claiming it was a murder and start searching for a scapegoat.

I think Tommen will die after Mace Tyrell leaves for the Stormlands. I think he's going to be either a casualty of the Cersei vs. Margaery power struggle once Lords Tyrell and Tarly leave or some other "accidental" death randomly caused by Varys to further drive the Lannisters and the Tyrells apart. I don't think Doran will authorize the Sand Snakes poisoning Tommen. He doesn't seem to be keen on assassinating children and -- after all -- it's still too early.

Myrcella? Myrcella will be the Queen but she won't rule for long. I think she will be the one sitting the Iron Throne when Aegon shows up at King's Landing. Now, I think Myrcella is going to get poisoned by Varys or the Sand Snakes, much to Prince Doran's frustration who probably have preferred Myrcella to live and marry Trystane so that Doran's grandchildren can be the Lords of Casterly Rock and/or Storm's End.

But I also think there is a good chance Cersei kills Myrcella. Myrcella could very well be the YMBQ from the prophecy. She also seems to be significantly smarter than both of her brothers and she's definitely not easily intimidated.

In short, Tommen will die in the first half of WINDS and Myrcella will die in the second half of WINDS.

33 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

We know how they will die. suicide and poisoning. 

I don't think Myrcella will be poisoned because Joffrey already was. Doesn't seem like George's style. Either all 3 will die due to poisoning, or they will all have different deaths.

The children exist as a dilemma to team Aegon (Varys vs JC) and then Dany. While they live they are threats to their reigns, they're a test, is the new king any better than the old king? I'm not at all confident on how either will die, but it will be in service to this theme.

19 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

I'm surprised by the number of people thinking that Myrcella is already dead. I didn't know this theory was so widespread.

It's not that widespread. 

Not sure I buy it, though. Why would Doran tell Arianne about the secret marriage in Braavos, Quentyn's secret mission, and all his plans of treason, but not that?

He confides in her (or pretends to) because he wants to manipulate her.  He deprives her of all human contact, prior to their cozy reconciliation, for the same reason.   Arianne has already committed treason, of course.  He confides his treasonous plans in an attempt to convince her they are working toward the same goals, so he can control her; or otherwise gain her assistance and cooperation.

But … why not tell her about Myrcella?

Maybe because Arianne is trying to start war, Doran is trying to delay war, and Myrcella's death means war.

Maybe because, after Doran started telling Arianne stuff,the chapter ended before they returned to the topic of Myrcella.

Maybe because "why not?" is not a good reason for sharing state secrets around with highly irresponsible persons with no particular need to know.  You need a specific reason why it would be useful to Doran for Arianne to know this particular piece of top-secret information.

Wouldn't the entire court of Sunspear notice the change?

That would be difficult for them, considering she's not at Sunspear.

14 hours ago, the Other Wolf said:

This can't be true...

Dorian Martell's son succumbing to the pressure and referencing the abomination, is all hope now lost?

Dorian Martell would be sad.

:cheers:

well, the entire thing we shall not mention has come and gone while waiting for a single book, and while I am sure a few things may be different, the "big reveal" has been spoiled 3 years ago and George himself has stated on his blog that he may not finish the series even though he intends to do so. We have what we have 

I think Tommen's death will come from Ser Pounce, Lady whiskers and Boots. The same trick can be used with the kittens (not cats?) that Jaqen used on Weese's dog to kill him. Or maybe he'll choke on a beet.

As far as Myrcella goes, I don't know. But it will be interesting to see her state of mind after the attack and her maiming and her brush with death. That changes a person, and Myrcella is just a child. And she's also going back to a her domineering (and also crazy) mother. 

6 hours ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Tommen's death will come from Ser Pounce

Yes, we have a consensus forming around this.    My visions are sometimes inaccurate.   But I feel strongly that we'll see a pidgeon fly out of Tommen as a finishing touch.   A commoner will find Tommen's body first, and everyone knows the royals like those pies with birds inside, so they'll seize upon the opportunity to make Tommen one of those, sort of as an homage to Lannister rule.

For Myrcella, maybe a drunken mom holds her close to keep her safe all night and she smothers the kid.   Too large of a kid for that?  Okay.  Something just like that then.  Death from overprotection....from death.

Archived