House Butterwell in the Golden Company

McGuv19

In the Golden Company there are a number of men who are, or claim to be, from the noble houses of Westeros. Some examples include Franklyn Flowers, a Fossoway bastard, Laswell Peake and his brothers, Marq Mandrake, Jon Connington, and som men claiming to be from Houses Strong, Mudd, Lothston, and Cole. I think there could be men from House Butterwell serving in the Golden Company. 

Butterwells would have the motivation to join the company, as they lost their castle, Whitewalls, and nearly all their wealth as a punishment for aiding the Second Blackfyre Rebellion. The Golden Company was also founded by Bittersteel, who hated Bloodraven, and Bloodraven was the one who destroyed Whitewalls. Also, the Peakes lost much of their power after the Second Blackfyre Rebellion, as they had two of their three castles taken from them and Lord Gormon Peake was executed, and there are three Peakes in the Golden Company looking to make their house as powerful as it once was. Even if there aren’t any Butterwells currently in the company there may well once have been.

"When the Black Dragon rose, this lord of cows sent one son to Daemon and one to Daeron, to make certain there was a Butterwell on the winning side. Both perished on the Redgrass Field, and his youngest died in the spring. That's why he's making this new marriage. Unless this new wife gives him a son, Butterwell's name will die with him."

Given that he had no male offspring at his middle fifties and that we havn't heard of any Butterwell at the ASOIAF times, it don't think it's unlikely that Ambrose was the last of the Butterwells.

But, anyway, I don't think that Butterwell is a name that would bear any prestige in the Golden Company: both sides probably saw lord Ambrose as a coward and ineffectual upjumped cow merchant.

4 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

"When the Black Dragon rose, this lord of cows sent one son to Daemon and one to Daeron, to make certain there was a Butterwell on the winning side. Both perished on the Redgrass Field, and his youngest died in the spring. That's why he's making this new marriage. Unless this new wife gives him a son, Butterwell's name will die with him."

Given that he had no male offspring at his middle fifties and that we havn't heard of any Butterwell at the ASOIAF times, it don't think it's unlikely that Ambrose was the last of the Butterwells.

But, anyway, I don't think that Butterwell is a name that would bear any prestige in the Golden Company: both sides probably saw lord Ambrose as a coward and ineffectual upjumped cow merchant.

Yes didn’t think of it like that. I mean at least the Peakes were respected

Archived