Folio Society Map

Falconer

Is anything known about the “The Known World” map that will be included in the Folio Society’s edition of AGoT? Will it be the exact map from The Lands of Ice and Fire, or is there any chance it will be redrawn by hand?

3 hours ago, Falconer said:

Is anything known about the “The Known World” map that will be included in the Folio Society’s edition of AGoT? Will it be the exact map from The Lands of Ice and Fire, or is there any chance it will be redrawn by hand?

Unknown. I do know that I provided the "most complete canon" map available (so basically Lands with the extra north and south extension from World of Ice and Fire) to them as a template, so it depends how closely they followed that.

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2019 at 3:10 PM, Werthead said:

Unknown. I do know that I provided the "most complete canon" map available (so basically Lands with the extra north and south extension from World of Ice and Fire) to them as a template, so it depends how closely they followed that.

I received mine yesterday. It's beautiful to my eye. Would love to know your thoughts on the map, @Werthead, and on the Folio edition in general. @Ran and @Linda as well, of course.

6 hours ago, SFDanny said:

I received mine yesterday. It's beautiful to my eye. Would love to know your thoughts on the map, @Werthead, and on the Folio edition in general. @Ran and @Linda as well, of course.

Mine hasn't shown up yet, so I have no idea what they've done with it yet. Hoping for it to arrive Monday.

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

Mine hasn't shown up yet, so I have no idea what they've done with it yet. Hoping for it to arrive Monday.

Thanks! If you have time after you get it post your thoughts. I'd love to read them.

Archived