NBA Finals 2019: Can the Raptors Claw Out a Win?

Maithanet

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I’m glad I’m not a fan of either of these teams... I don’t know that my heart could take it.

Try being a Cavs fan during game seven in 2016.  My liver still hasn't recovered. 

2 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Draymond Green pulled a Chris Webber. I don't believe it.

Game ends there if he doesn’t though.  Not the same.

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

What a rough way to end. Wasn't crazy about taking that 3 when a shorter shot gets the win.

Curry had his best look this half. Just missed it. 

Such a shame Klay went down when he did. He was having an unreal game. He seemed like he was going to singlehandedly guarantee a game 7. 

VanVleet though won the game for the Raptors. Clutch AF - made every shot they needed. And his swarming defense of Curry all game was really something. 

Congrats Raptors fans. 

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

I think my favorite thing about the Raptors winning is that Cousins took less money to get a free ring and he didn't even get it.

I don’t get the hate.  Did people act this way when Malone and Peyton joined the Lakers?  Barkley to the Rockets?  Or pretty much any star, ever?

After spending the first almost decade of his career in NBA Hell, what’s so wrong about wanting to go to a winner as opposed to whatever middle of the pack team wanted to give him a couple million more?

Just now, Rhom said:

I don’t get the hate.  Did people act this way when Malone and Peyton joined the Lakers?  Barkley to the Rockets?  Or pretty much any star, ever?

I mean, as I said, he took less money than he could have gotten elsewhere for a free ring.  I'm just happy he didn't get it.  Don't hate him.  Simply happy he wasn't rewarded for joining the best team ever to rehab and get an easy championship.

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I don’t get the hate.  Did people act this way when Malone and Peyton joined the Lakers?  

Um, yes? I remember the schadenfreude was pretty thick when the rent-a-Lakers got their asses handed to them by the Pistons that year. Watching the Finals that year was almost better than a Celtics championship.

4 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

If he can turn a team originally built around Rudy Gay into a champion and build 50 win teams in Denver without a superstar, he can maybe work a miracle in DC too. I'm all for backing up the Brinks truck for him. 

16 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

If he can turn a team originally built around Rudy Gay into a champion and build 50 win teams in Denver without a superstar, he can maybe work a miracle in DC too. I'm all for backing up the Brinks truck for him. 

They raised the difficulty level by quite a bit with the super max to Wall though. 

I think the NBA needs to include a super max exception to the salary cap. Its great that you keep your star players but what is the point if it comes at the cost of sacrificing the rest of your team? 

Archived