What were Daenerys's plans for Jon in the long term?

RYShh

12 minutes ago, RYShh said:

I forgot about the prince consort, but is there any example of it in Asoiaf history? 

Even then would she even do that? Legitimize him as a royal family?  I doubt she would even make him hand of the queen, since she was afraid of people would plot against her and I doubt she would give a royal power to his command.

If she married him I would think he would get a title. He’s technically already a prince. No need to promote him to king. He could have been Prince Aegon, Warden of the North. Haha! 

59 minutes ago, RYShh said:

I forgot about the prince consort, but is there any example of it in Asoiaf history? 

Even then would she even do that? Legitimize him as a royal family?  I doubt she would even make him hand of the queen, since she was afraid of people would plot against her and I doubt she would give a royal power to his command.

Daemon Targaryen was prince consort to Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen during the Dance of the Dragons. 

23 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Daemon Targaryen was prince consort to Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen during the Dance of the Dragons. 

Well he could've been, but we never see it don't we? They both died before taking the Iron Throne.

4 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

No, they both died after taking the IT. Rhaenyra was Queen and Daemon was her consort 

I mean Aegon II was crowned before Rhaenyra, and before she could rule they lost the war. Then Aegon II decreed that Rhaenyra was never a queen and referred as princess only in all chronicles and court records.

18 minutes ago, RYShh said:

I mean Aegon II was crowned before Rhaenyra, and before she could rule they lost the war. Then Aegon II decreed that Rhaenyra was never a queen and referred as princess only in all chronicles and court records.

The Blacks won the Dance tho..  Anyway before we get off topic too much. Daemon was Rhaenyra consort, so its happened in asoiaf history before. 

7 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

So what you’re really saying is I’m not crazy that Jon would have been prince consort and not king. 

But would that work though? Since legally Jon would be Aegon VI Targaryen, and he has a better claim than Daenerys legally.

Rhaenyra was appointed heir by King Viserys, and Rhaenyra's husband Daemon was coming after her in the line of succession. and Aegon II usurped her right simply because he is being a male and they said Iron Throne can't pass to a woman. It's a little complicated. 

They needed to keep Jon's identity as a secret, and that ship has sailed when Sansa and Varys learned.

32 minutes ago, RYShh said:

But would that work though? Since legally Jon would be Aegon VI Targaryen, and he has a better claim than Daenerys legally.

Rhaenyra was appointed heir by King Viserys, and Rhaenyra's husband Daemon was coming after her in the line of succession. and Aegon II usurped her right simply because he is being a male and they said Iron Throne can't pass to a woman. It's a little complicated. 

They needed to keep Jon's identity as a secret, and that ship has sailed when Sansa and Varys learned.

I don’t know. But I see her queen by conquest. Everyone views her a foreign queen. Why does she need to follow their rules. 

1 hour ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

So what you’re really saying is I’m not crazy that Jon would have been prince consort and not king. 

Honestly, I'm not sure what Jon/Aegon would be if Dany and Jon/Aegon married. Prince consort, King consort, Lord consort or King could all be options. Really I guess it would be whatever Dany wanted him to be in the end. If she truly wanted to share power then its King Jon/Aegon. If she wanted to be the only one on top, then he'd be a consort with some title. 

Jealousy was already festering in Dany against Jon because the people loved and followed him as evidenced by her behavior at the feast at Winterfell.  Already a seed had been planted for her to eventually depose of him too once she got angry enough. He would have been a whipped dog being chained to her and following her commands if he stayed with her.  Glad he beat her to the punch.

23 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

Jealousy was already festering in Dany against Jon because the people loved and followed him as evidenced by her behavior at the feast at Winterfell.  Already a seed had been planted for her to eventually depose of him too once she got angry enough. He would have been a whipped dog being chained to her and following her commands if he stayed with her.  Glad he beat her to the punch.

I don't think her reaction was unreasonable, risk your life and subjects lives dying fighting dead people which you didn't need to do and at the end you get met with hostility from the most backwards and least powerful kingdom in Westeros? Where was the thankyou?

29 minutes ago, Techmaester said:

I don't think her reaction was unreasonable, risk your life and subjects lives dying fighting dead people which you didn't need to do and at the end you get met with hostility from the most backwards and least powerful kingdom in Westeros? Where was the thankyou?

Expecting a thank you just shows that Dany has no humility and always expects that people should automatically love and follow her because of her specialness.  Maybe she needs to read How to Win Friends and Influence People.

2 hours ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

Expecting a thank you just shows that Dany has no humility and always expects that people should automatically love and follow her because of her specialness.  Maybe she needs to read How to Win Friends and Influence People.

No, they should love and follow her because she brought an army to help them fight dead people. Or at least try to be friendly. 

Actually, I thought Sansa acted more jealous of Jon. She fixed that problem and helped get rid of Dany, too. She supported Jon and said that he would be a much better choice than Dany, ignoring that Jon bent the knee to obtain help, and her fearless Lord dumped northern independence. He wouldn’t take the throne himself, but felt empowered to conspire against and assassinate Dany.

Although Sansa eventually picked up a pointy thing, Dany saved many people, and personally put herself and dragons in harms way. Bad bad Dany.

Sansa also holds back the info that Vale troops were coming, getting Rickon, almost Jon and many others killed. 

40 minutes ago, Techmaester said:

No, they should love and follow her because she brought an army to help them fight dead people. Or at least try to be friendly. 

Being friendly with Targarygens hadn’t worked out too well for the Starks in the past.  Rickard and Brandon Stark went south in good faith and Mad King Aerys rewarded them by burning them alive.  They probably knew she showed the Tarlys no mercy unless they kneeled down to her. You are right that Dany did help them defeat the NK which was a good move but they saw what destruction she was capable of during that experience and so remained not completely supportive of her to be their Queen.  Starks tend to be cold and frosty anyway to outsiders such as Alaric Stark was to Good Queen Alysanne. However, Queen Alysanne won them over with her charm and wit and became close to Alaric’s daughter. Dany should have stayed in WF for a while to let her troops and dragons rest and spend some time on gaining their trust and friendship.  Instead, she lusted for power and revenge against Cersei and in the long run lost Missandei, her dragons, and the faith and trust she needed from allies and the common folk to welcome and love her as a fair and merciful ruler. 

10 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

You are right that Dany did help them defeat the NK which was a good move but they saw what destruction she was capable of during that experience and so remained not completely supportive of her to be their Queen.  

What are you talking about? The destruction of what exactly? 

Archived