Would Lyanna start a war for Robert if Rhaegar kidnapped him?

8 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

Why would Rhaegar kidnap Robert? Robert's Rebellion didn't start because Rhaegar kidnap Lyanna. 

Yes it did. It indirectly caused the rebellion. Indirectly yes, but it was the entire catalyst for the affair. Without it Brandon Stark never goes to King's Landing, and the eventual rebellion has an entirely different start in point, likely with Rhaegar leading the rebellion against his father himself and with 90% of the realm behind him.

No, because she has no power to declare war.

Would Lyanna and Ned, along with Jon Arryn, convince their father to rebel? Possibly using Brandon’s marriage and a Lysa and Jon marriage? I can see it happening.

Although I feel like Aerys is much more likely to be kidnapping Robert, with Rhaegar potentially using it as an excuse to force his father to abdicate.

7 hours ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

She is reckless.  It's hard to say.  But why would Rhaegaer kidnap Robert?  Rhaegar is a lot of things but we have no evidence to say he was into guys.  :D

If Robert was Roberta, a 6'6 tall busty lady called Bessy B, she would give birth to triplets tbh. No rebellion whatsoever. Rhaegar would probably lose his mind when that happens.  

Honestly, I burst out laughing when I read the the title.

In all seriousness though, no. For one thing she would not have the means to go to war if Robert was kidnapped or being held hostage -- at best Stannis and Jon Arryn might have raised armies for attack in the event. Though odds are they might just try to random in. The only reason the Starks would get involved is if Rickard agreed to assist Arryn and Stannis Baratheon. Lyanna wouldn't have a say on doing it or not. 

Archived