Pate in Citadel is not dead yet

oggy1324

31 minutes ago, Shagwell the mad jester said:

The Artist Formerly Known As Jaqen H'ghar is obviously out to kill somebody.

Not necessarily.  Gathering information is also in their bailiwick.  This was part of Arya's basic training.  It might also be possible that he ends up aiding Sam in some way, as he did with Arya.  That's counter to the expectation "that taking care of Sam' has a threatening connotation given his trade.

Now that the FM has a key that will unlock any door in the Citadel;  I can see him helping Sam to access forbidden sections of the library;  possibly even helping Sam escape if it comes to it.

22 minutes ago, LynnS said:

Now that the FM has a key that will unlock any door in the Citadel;  I can see him helping Sam to access forbidden sections of the library;  possibly even helping Sam escape if it comes to it.

Okay, there's a point in this. And this is indeed something I'd love to read. But the question of course remains why he is doing that research and for whom. (A good guess could be that it has something to do with Euron's dragon egg the FM should still be holding  - if the theory is correct that they received it as a payment for Balon's death). I guess we'll see.

8 minutes ago, Shagwell the mad jester said:

Okay, there's a point in this. And this is indeed something I'd love to read. But the question of course remains why he is doing that research and for whom. I guess we'll see.

Well who would want rare and restricted books about dragons? Or glass candles?  Has anything been sent to the Citadel from Castle Black in the past that might be useful to Sam?  Anything about the Night King?  The broken horn?  Translating the runes of the First Men?  There are a lot of possibilities.  Sam took his oath of the NW in the grove of the old gods and he's been initiated as a gatekeeper of the Black Gate by Coldhands.   He's likely to be the POV character who gives us information about Euron.  He's not likely to be killed off  at this point.     

Archived