Perfidia

Lot of marriages are made for political reasons, we don't know for much characters how committed relationship they formed in between themselves, lot of them are breaking the norms, some infidelities aren't gone into detail like. Some examples of Cheater/Cheated : every case is different in many aspects.

Davos/Marya, Litleffinger/Lysa , Cersei/Jaime, Rhaegar and his wife probably, Stannis/Selyse.

Aegon IV constantly cheated (fathered 10+ bastards, while he was married to Queen Naerys), same as Robert Baratheon (had 10+ bastards, that he fathered in span of his marriage with Cersei).

The father of Aegon I Targaryen, and his bastard half-brother Orys Baratheon.

Rhaenyra Targaryen, who was married with Laenor Velaryon, but had an affair with Harwin Strong, and gave birth to his three sons.

Laenor also was a cheater, and had two children with Marilda of Hull, while him and Rhaenyra were married - Addam and Alyn.

Cersei and Jaime.

Lysa Tully-Arryn with Petyr Baelish, while Jon Arryn was still alive.

Lynesse Hightower, wife of Jorah Mormont, left him for Tregar Ormollen, and had an affair with him, even before she left Jorah.

Bethany Bracken was caught cheating to Aegon, and was executed for that.

Falena Stokeworth continued her affair with Aegon, even when she got married to Lucas Lothston.

King Torrhen Stark had a bastard-brother, Brandon Snow, which means, that their father was a cheater.

And there was Sara Snow, Cregan Stark's bastard half-sister. 

There were rumors, that Queen Rhaenys was cheating Aegon I with various singers and bards. "She was responsible for the rule of six, established by Rhaenys while Aegon was on a progress. This law declared that only six blows were allowed to be struck by a husband to his wife as punishment for her infidelity; one blow for each of the Seven, save the Stranger."

Etc.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:14 PM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

Can you name an example of romantic unfaithfulness within the text of the novels?  It's a rare occurrence is it not?  Murders, sex, magic and one of the most common conflicts between a woman and a man has been left out.  Or almost completely left out.  

I can think of two right offhand from the current series.  Cersei and Jaime was definitely a romantic relationship, and Cersei was being unfaithful to Robert.  While Robert was frequently unfaithful, I don't know that he actually loved any of his partners.

The other is Lysa Tully and Petyr Baelish.  It seems clear that she didn't care for Jon Arryn, but was very much in love with Petyr

If we're limiting this to events in the current books, I'd also like to make mention of :

Renly continuing his relationship with Loras while married to Margaery

and

Tyrion contunuing to see Shae whilst married to Sansa (admittedly it was all business on her part, but clearly not for him)

On 6/2/2019 at 2:34 AM, Eltharion21 said:

Lot of marriages are made for political reasons, we don't know for much characters how committed relationship they formed in between themselves, lot of them are breaking the norms, some infidelities aren't gone into detail like. Some examples of Cheater/Cheated : every case is different in many aspects.

Davos/Marya, Litleffinger/Lysa , Cersei/Jaime, Rhaegar and his wife probably, Stannis/Selyse.

When was Davos cheating?

Archived