US Politics: Reaching the Tipping Point

DMC

10 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh shit Sanders is out.

I heard that she finally has her makeup company up and running, the one that burns facts and uses the ashes to make smokey eyeshadow.

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Fairly sure most of us are aware of that. Jace seems to believe that because I keep posting examples, it means I don't understand what is going on, what the reaction is going to be and what the end result will be. I do. I still think it's good to post it.

She's just having a little fun with you. :P

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Immediate thought: did Bernie have a heart attack?

Not gonna lie, that's sorta where my head went too, though I'm not so depraved as to assume something horrific happened to another human being.

And your Raptors are going to Raptor tonight.

:P

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not gonna lie, that's sorta where my head went too, though I'm not so depraved as to assume something horrific happened to another human being.

And your Raptors are going to Raptor tonight.

:P

I mean who the hell would say "Oh shit, Sarah Huckabee is gone, what to do what to do".

And why would Bernie be gone unless something terrible had happened!

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh shit Sanders is out.

Yeh, that's almost cruel and unusual punishment to write that in a context where Bernie is so much more of the political conversation now than Sarah.

3 hours ago, Mexal said:

Fairly sure most of us are aware of that. Jace seems to believe that because I keep posting examples, it means I don't understand what is going on, what the reaction is going to be and what the end result will be. I do. I still think it's good to post it.

I lash out because of my own intense fear at the thought of procedural discourse regarding events in extra-quotidian contexts.

Speaking of health problems. As the local radio sports guy put it, Seattle SuperSonics fans feel much the same way after all those stabs in the back.

Howard Schultz says he will not campaign this summer, citing health problems

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, who has previously said he is considering running for president as a centrist independent, will not campaign this summer after undergoing three separate back surgeries.

Why it matters: Schultz' announcement and subsequent press tour earlier this year set off significant backlash from Democrats who believe running as an independent could help re-elect Trump. Schultz has warned that Democrats nominating a candidate too far to the left would be damaging to the country, but has nonetheless maintained that he will "not be a spoiler."

https://www.axios.com/howard-schultz-2020-campaign-back-surgery-657c2aad-e0b2-425d-8cf5-ef05cd852362.html

9 hours ago, Mexal said:

Yes, I know she won't be fired. Yes, I know the laws don't apply to pro-Trump people. Still, worth knowing.

It is interesting to see the White House claim that Henry Kerner, a man Trump himself appointed is only recommending Conway be fired because he’s been corrupted by those evil liberals (somehow), and is only doing this for political gains(again somehow). Like, by virtue of being a Trump appointee one should be able to safely assume Kerner should not be someone who’d be swayed by a liberal bias.

17 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

This appears to be an obvious threat. Does Norway have any oil? If so, we’ll have to advance freedom in your country.

Oil? Us? Nonononononono! We have no oil. None. Not a drop. No need to come her, nosiree!

..please don't look in that corner. Or the other one. 

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

The Rorshach doth protest too much, methinks.

No protests here, nonono. Just ... cleansing my vocal chords. Yes. That's it. 

Without oil. No oil at all involved. 

Archived