Football: 'Let's talk about six, baby'

AncalagonTheBlack

3 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Continue.....

How reliable is Sport Bild?

Like tha name Bild implies. It's part of the Springer Media (like Germany's #1 BS tabloid Bild) products. They usually know their shit about Bundesliga rumours. So Bayern balking at the transfer fee for Sane is a pretty safe bet (the other headline there). Not sure the transfer is dead yet, but them coughing up 100m € is not the most likely outcome. Otherwise it's really home-story, who is a feud with whom sort of shit I wouldn't touch outside the waiting room of my dentist, when the better mags are in the hands of other people waiting.

With non-Bundesliga clubs, I'd not really consider it the most reliable source of information with regards to transfer rumours.

When you think about it, centrebacks is probably the position Liverpool is least likely to spend on. At least imho. Just look at what you have there. Van Dijk is arguably the best centreback in the world right now. Matip and Gomez are very good centrebacks in their own right. Matip has picked up an injury proneness during the last two seasons, but he is still a quality centreback /as could be seen during the last couple of weeks, when he was injury free at last). And Gomez is one of the brightest centreback talents in the world right now; so signing de Ligt to take game time away from him does not strike me as particularly plausible, and de Ligt won't sign as back up. Then you also have Lovren. He is not as good a footballer as the others as the others, but he is a solid defender. de Ligt would only make sense if you moved Matip and maybe Lovren. Draw your own conclusion.

2 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

I am going to really fucking miss Daniel Sturridge. Just a bringer of good vibes. 

can’t forget he started off our road to #6 with a goal vs PSG. Very happy he got to leave with a trophy.

Not Alberto Moreno ? :D  Jokes aside, Moreno played on 141 occasions for us, so good luck to him too. :thumbsup:

Christian Eriksen has announced that he is open to leaving Tottenham.

He's one of the players in the PL I admire most. Both times that I have seen Chelsea play Tottenham live, his quality has impressed me. I'd count him as the best opposition player I have seen play live, and that's despite him being on the losing side both times and seeing Aguero score a hat-trick against us. 

54 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

It sounds like Spurs want him to leave on a free next year though, with the price that's being mentioned.

That would be weird. I think him not signing a new contract right now, or something looks like a more likely scenario to me. So they figured they'd be better off selling him this year, instead of being faced with the same situation Arsenal was in last year. And so they decided it's better to sell him now, instead of being forced to offer him a ludicrous contract (ala Özil) or lose him on a free. Or they are wanting to send a message to the team, that did not perform offensively in the CL final. But Eriksen would be a strange choice to blame, though - at least while you also had Alli on the pitch, who contributed diddly.

Levy is probably holding out hope that he can get Eriksen to agree to a new deal. If that doesn't happen then I'm sure he will sell for less than the rumoured fee - Spurs aren't getting €120m for Eriksen. An 80-100 million fee for Eriksen would help fund the transfers of reported targets Lo Celso and Ndombele. Chelsea are also playing hardball with Real Madrid over Hazard. I doubt they will be able to get more than €100m though - still would be a very good fee for Chelsea for a player with 1 year remaining and no intention of extending. 

Interesting:

Bruno Fernandes has revealed that he prefers Liverpool to Manchester City amid speculation that he could be set for a move to England.Reports suggest Manchester United are hopeful of completing a £62 million deal for Fernandes in the coming days.

However, it appears Champions League winners Liverpool could have the edge in this summer’s transfer race, with Fernandes admitting that he’s an admirer of Jurgen Klopp’s ‘gegenpressing’ style of play.

‘I like Liverpool a lot more [than Man City]. It’s a more direct [style of play], more offensive, maybe less organised, but more intense football,’ he told Portuguese outlet Record.

‘City, without the ball, has the intensity of the eleven, and can in a moment of pressure put the [opposing] team in a corner and end up stealing the ball.

‘In Liverpool they are more individual players, especially in the midfield, usually playing three very aggressive players and recovering the ball.’

Liverpool won't be spending big, this window.

Klopp has a (relatively) young squad, which he feels has not reached its full potential, and they have done their big transfers last year.

https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/jurgen-klopp-transfer-wechsel-plan-fc-liverpool-ablose-kader-mannschaft/

Yes, it's German, I will translate it the first paragraph. Feel free to use google translate or something, if you feel I lack the cred. Yes, I took some liberty with the wording of the last sentence, but that was merely for stylistic reasons and did not change the content of what he said.

Nach dem Gewinn der Champions League hat Jürgen Klopp einen Einblick in die Transferpläne des FC Liverpool für die kommende Saison gegeben. Exorbitante Investitionen sind in diesem Sommer demnach nicht zu erwarten. „Wir sind aber immer noch ein Klub, der erst einmal seine Rechnungen bezahlt. Und ich habe jetzt auch nicht das Gefühl, dass wir im dreistelligen Millionenbereich investieren müssen“, sagte der Trainer der Bild und betonte wiederholt, dass er bereits jetzt über eine „junge, talentierte Mannschaft“ verfüge, „die mit ihrer Entwicklung noch lange nicht am Ende ist“.

[...]

Translation:

After winning the CL Jürgen Klopp has given some insights into Liverpool's transfer policy for the upcoming season. Excessive investment are not to be expected this summer. "We are still a football club, that still has to play its bills first and foremost. And I don't feel like, that we have to invest some 100 milions [into the squad]." said the manager in an interview with Bild and he stressed that he already has a "young and talented team, which is not anywhere near having reached its full potential"

[...]

Real Madrid aren't going to wait a year just to get a couple of players on free transfers. They had a poor season by their standards, are the wealthiest club and have a pretty low net spend on transfers over the last 5 years. I expect they will spend significantly in this window to ensure that they are CL and La Liga contenders again. Militao and Jovic have already been signed, Ferland Mendy looks close to being a done deal, Hazard will surely be done in this window and probably one of Eriksen or Pogba as well. Rodrygo will also join up with the club from next season but much like Vinicius, he's one for the future.

Of course, I don’t believe Real Madrid would want to wait, even if it could save them money on a transfer fee. Hazard and Eriksen are either in or coming into their prime now. Especially with Hazard, if they waited another season, they’d be signing him at the age of 29. Right now, with the way he is playing, I think Hazard could be at his absolute best for the next two seasons. It’s the perfect time for Madrid to sign him and for him to sign for them.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

So does the forum do anything for the Women’s World Cup?

I dont think so, but this time round it seems to be getting a lot more press coverage, especially in the UK. Though that might only be because this is the first time we've been going in as one of the favourites. 

Archived