Football: 'Let's talk about six, baby'

AncalagonTheBlack

11 minutes ago, Raja said:

Everton & Leicester yes, West Ham I'm not so sure.

Also, can  we please sign Tierney from Celtic already. He seems like exactly what we need.

Lastly, for those afc fans who missed this neat video. That's a gorgeous kit.

Saw this earlier today. So much better than the Puma kits! And a pretty funny video too.

8 minutes ago, Raja said:

Maybe they anticipate moving Sanchez on?

I don't see anyone taking on Sanchez's wages unless he agrees to move to China.

I doubt Rashford is going to be earning that much though. Ducker likes to inflate fees like he did with Pogba (claimed he was making £290k/week + bonuses) and Sanchez (claiming he was on £450-£500k/week + bonuses) but football leaks revealed Pogba earns £165k/week + bonuses and Sanchez £390k/week + bonuses.

12 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

I don't see anyone taking on Sanchez's wages unless he agrees to move to China.

I doubt Rashford is going to be earning that much though. Ducker likes to inflate fees like he did with Pogba (claimed he was making £290k/week + bonuses) and Sanchez (claiming he was on £450-£500k/week + bonuses) but football leaks revealed Pogba earns £165k/week + bonuses and Sanchez £390k/week + bonuses.

Could definitely see Sanchez moving on to China sooner rather than later. 

Also, crazy hot take that could but definitely won’t happen; Paul Pogba to Atlanta United. His brother is already there and Paul posted a video of himself working out in an ATL kit the other day. Haha 

43 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

The numbers for Pogba and Sanchez are fairly accurate apparently, when all rights and bonuses are factored in.

With Sanchez's game bonus it is pretty much 450k, so reporting it as that seems fair at the time as no one expected he'd be so bad he'd never play.

How is reporting Pogba's wages as 290k/week + bonuses accurate if it is 165k/week plus bonuses? Same with Sanchez - 450-500k/week + bonuses (some outlets were reporting as much as 600k/week) is not the same as 390k/week + bonuses. I don't consider that to be remotely accurate reporting. It's also stupid to be including image rights because that's a separate thing and doesn't form part of a clubs wage bill.

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Meanwhile Grujic will stay for another year at Hertha on loan.

Good for Hertha but I think Liverpool are missing some potential value there, either to their own squad or in transfer fees.  He does have a long contract still, so perhaps  another year of game time for development will be worth it.  He’s not that young anymore.

Seen a report saying that the Premier League will be scrapping the Short Term Cost Control rule for the next three financial windows. It's not from a reliable source (article in The Mirror citing Times Sport as the source but I can't find the report on Times Sport). If it is true though then this will be a boost to clubs like Wolves, Leicester, Everton and West Ham. Without the restrictions, these clubs will now be able to offer better wages.

On 6/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, Mark Antony said:

There’s no way Liverpool would be in for him imo. We are stacked in that position. Only way I could see Liverpool signing a midfielder would be if he was of the Coutinho/Fekir mold but we will use Keita/Ox and maybe Shaq. 

I missed this response.  Yes, Liverpool are relatively stacked in MF but it was still the area that lacked forward impetus most of last season, and it’s where we have some risky players: Lallana is always injured, Ox is returning from his second ACL tear, Keita has been in and out with injuries and is currently playing through injury at AFCON, Shaqiri isn’t trusted yet for tactical discipline in MF, and Milner is aging.  We could easily find ourselves short of rotation options in MF.  And we saw how much it helped to have a DM who really wins the ball back and then quickly pivots to counter-attacking (although Ndombele dribbles more than passes).

I’m not saying we should be the biggest competition for Ndombele, but I was surprised that no-one other than Spurs was pursuing him when all of the top six, other than Chelsea (Kante and ban) could arguably use his skill set either as a starter or a back-up.

38 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I missed this response.  Yes, Liverpool are relatively stacked in MF but it was still the area that lacked forward impetus most of last season, and it’s where we have some risky players: Lallana is always injured, Ox is returning from his second ACL tear, Keita has been in and out with injuries and is currently playing through injury at AFCON, Shaqiri isn’t trusted yet for tactical discipline in MF, and Milner is aging.  We could easily find ourselves short of rotation options in MF.  And we saw how much it helped to have a DM who really wins the ball back and then quickly pivots to counter-attacking (although Ndombele dribbles more than passes).

I’m not saying we should be the biggest competition for Ndombele, but I was surprised that no-one other than Spurs was pursuing him when all of the top six, other than Chelsea (Kante and ban) could arguably use his skill set either as a starter or a back-up.

Arsenal can't afford him.

30 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

Yeah, the more things go, the more I think we're gonna start the season with a CP pairing of Lindelof & Tuanzebe. (or Issa Diop?)

We aren't getting Diop either. West Ham would only sell for something ridiculous as well. It's really not worth doing business with English clubs unless you've exhausted all possible transfer targets from abroad and have no other choice. 

we're gonna start the season with a CP pairing of Lindelof & Tuanzebe

Don't kid yourself. It'll be Jones and Lindelof. When Jones gets injured (which shouldn't take long) then Smalling will come in.

Archived