Jump to content
AncalagonTheBlack

Football: 'Let's talk about six, baby'

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Consigliere said:

How is reporting Pogba's wages as 290k/week + bonuses accurate if it is 165k/week plus bonuses? Same with Sanchez - 450-500k/week + bonuses (some outlets were reporting as much as 600k/week) is not the same as 390k/week + bonuses. I don't consider that to be remotely accurate reporting. It's also stupid to be including image rights because that's a separate thing and doesn't form part of a clubs wage bill.

Pogba's is  apparently 165k + other things which take it up to 290k + bonuses. I can't recall the exact details but the extras aren't really bonuses. If Pogba was only on 165k, Luke Shaw would be earning almost as much as him which would be crazy.

And Sanchez is on 390k + 70k game bonus, which is so easy to achieve it's barely a bonus. I assume the proper bonuses are for things like goal targets and winning competitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

70k game bonus, which is so easy to achieve it's barely a bonus.


I mean he only played in half our games last season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, polishgenius said:


I mean he only played in half our games last season...

Yeah, but when he signed no one imagined he wouldn't be playing every week- it was reasonable to assume at the time that he'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Meanwhile Grujic will stay for another year at Hertha on loan.

Good for Hertha but I think Liverpool are missing some potential value there, either to their own squad or in transfer fees.  He does have a long contract still, so perhaps  another year of game time for development will be worth it.  He’s not that young anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Seen a report saying that the Premier League will be scrapping the Short Term Cost Control rule for the next three financial windows. It's not from a reliable source (article in The Mirror citing Times Sport as the source but I can't find the report on Times Sport). If it is true though then this will be a boost to clubs like Wolves, Leicester, Everton and West Ham. Without the restrictions, these clubs will now be able to offer better wages.

Edited by Consigliere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, Mark Antony said:

There’s no way Liverpool would be in for him imo. We are stacked in that position. Only way I could see Liverpool signing a midfielder would be if he was of the Coutinho/Fekir mold but we will use Keita/Ox and maybe Shaq. 

I missed this response.  Yes, Liverpool are relatively stacked in MF but it was still the area that lacked forward impetus most of last season, and it’s where we have some risky players: Lallana is always injured, Ox is returning from his second ACL tear, Keita has been in and out with injuries and is currently playing through injury at AFCON, Shaqiri isn’t trusted yet for tactical discipline in MF, and Milner is aging.  We could easily find ourselves short of rotation options in MF.  And we saw how much it helped to have a DM who really wins the ball back and then quickly pivots to counter-attacking (although Ndombele dribbles more than passes).

I’m not saying we should be the biggest competition for Ndombele, but I was surprised that no-one other than Spurs was pursuing him when all of the top six, other than Chelsea (Kante and ban) could arguably use his skill set either as a starter or a back-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I missed this response.  Yes, Liverpool are relatively stacked in MF but it was still the area that lacked forward impetus most of last season, and it’s where we have some risky players: Lallana is always injured, Ox is returning from his second ACL tear, Keita has been in and out with injuries and is currently playing through injury at AFCON, Shaqiri isn’t trusted yet for tactical discipline in MF, and Milner is aging.  We could easily find ourselves short of rotation options in MF.  And we saw how much it helped to have a DM who really wins the ball back and then quickly pivots to counter-attacking (although Ndombele dribbles more than passes).

I’m not saying we should be the biggest competition for Ndombele, but I was surprised that no-one other than Spurs was pursuing him when all of the top six, other than Chelsea (Kante and ban) could arguably use his skill set either as a starter or a back-up.

Arsenal can't afford him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pertinent Swiss Ramble thread that he posted today

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Sky reported the bid to be £40m. 

ETA.

 

Edited by Consigliere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal should stop embarrassing themselves and just raid some 2nd league, bottom dweller teams for cheap, young talent. That's pretty much all they can afford now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juve confirm the signing of Rabiot. 

Agresti and Di Marzio are quite convinced that De Ligt will join Juve as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

£70m is already too much for Maguire. Leicester are going to properly rinse us. 

 

ETA.

 

Edited by Consigliere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

 

£70m is already too much for Maguire. Leicester are going to properly rinse us. 

 

Yeah, the more things go, the more I think we're gonna start the season with a CP pairing of Lindelof & Tuanzebe. (or Issa Diop?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

Yeah, the more things go, the more I think we're gonna start the season with a CP pairing of Lindelof & Tuanzebe. (or Issa Diop?)

We aren't getting Diop either. West Ham would only sell for something ridiculous as well. It's really not worth doing business with English clubs unless you've exhausted all possible transfer targets from abroad and have no other choice. 

 

Quote

we're gonna start the season with a CP pairing of Lindelof & Tuanzebe

Don't kid yourself. It'll be Jones and Lindelof. When Jones gets injured (which shouldn't take long) then Smalling will come in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed on Maguire. He's an above average centre back whose stock became ridiculously inflated after playing well at the World Cup against weak teams, and bizarrely things haven't calmed down after him having a very average season.

I really don't understand why teams aren't after Nathan Ake, who'd be easily half the price and is as good, if not better than Maguire overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn United. Spare a thought thought for the poor gooners fans around. They only have 45m in total, and you are willing to throw 70-80m at Leicester for Maguire. :lol:

On a general note, am I the only one who finds it annoying, when players pen a new long term contract, just to be upset when they don't get transfered the next year?

Anyway, the Rabiot transfer being now official, means that Juve will have the cash to spend on de Ligt. If they hadn't gotten Rabiot on a free, they might have been tempted to spend the de Jong cash on Pogba. So for Paulie it's now Manchester or Madrid (if they were to find more cash and were indeed interested).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Damn United. Spare a thought thought for the poor gooners fans around. They only have 45m in total, and you are willing to throw 70-80m at Leicester for Maguire. :lol:

 

This is United in a nutshell. We've got more money than sense. Maguire also gets massively overrated by the English media because he is English - he's not half as good as VVD even on his best day. It's a similar thing with Pickford - Ederson's distribution is what the English media imagine Pickford's is. 

 

12 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So for Paulie it's now Manchester or Madrid (if they were to find more cash and were indeed interested).

Reliable Madrid journos (Josep Pedrerol and Jose Luis Sanchez) have both reported previously that Zidane has made Pogba a priority signing and isn't interested in other midfielders i.e. Eriksen. History shows that it will only be a matter of time before Pogba is a Madrid player - the two Spanish giants rarely ever fail to land a priority target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ndombele's in London for a medical with Spurs apparently. So presumably that's pretty much a done deal barring any last minute Fekir like scenarios.

This is a bit of an odd transfer window for Liverpool fans with Liverpool being pretty clear they don't plan to make any big signings. Can't we just have some wild speculation that we're going to get Reus to get us through the summer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×